Worst Holiday disasters?

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Worst Holiday disasters?

Post by Goldeneye »

What are your worst Holiday disasters? I was talking with someone about my Holiday emergency the topic came up that some that start off in worst ways end up bringing the family together and being the most memorable.
This gave me a little bit of hope. What has your experiences been like?

I'll start with my dilemma. Oven died right before a big Thanksgiving family get together. Too late to cancel. No time or money to get a new oven delivered. Old oven is over 25 years old according to the repairman (who us did a solid favor by looking it free of charge) the parts are hard to come by.

First thought was to put on a classic Bond marathon and hope nobody noticed we didn't have any food. I was talked off that ledge and we called everyone to let them know it was BYOB (Bring Your Own Bird), we got a lot of volunteers to cook a turkey or bring the pies and cookies so that is good turn in a bleak out look. Already its better than I had any right to hope. Still the stress of it all has us felling less than in the holiday spirit.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Worst Holiday disasters?

Post by Kristatos »

Sorry to hear that. But it is great that your guests were willing to pitch in like that.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I keep picturing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The place we were staying(up in the mountains in Arizona-Sedona-lost heat. It was the most miserable, cold night ever. The heating guy had to come out to the house the next day on Thanksgiving.

Another bad holiday that comes right to mind was the day after Christmas many years ago when the whole family got stomach flu.That was not pleasant.Not in the least. :oops:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

We've had the heater go out around this time of year. My parents have a fire place so that room was warm. Every one wanted a dog or cat to hop on the bed to help keep warm.

We also have I guess it's called heated lights in the bathrooms for cold weather. Helps when leaving the warm shower in sometimes the least insulated part of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Not a nightmare but we locked out keys in our car when we were away visiting. Luckily we were not blocking the drive and we were already staying the night, we got a locksmith the next business day.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

We ended up having a nice Holiday after all! :cheers: :cheers:
Bought a small turkey over form Wal-mart to heat things that needed reheating and family brought everything which needed to be baked. :happy spin:

We just worked extra shift to pay down the credit card so we can buy a new oven before xmas. It's the circle of debt. :?