Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Do you believe in UFO?

Post by Dr. No »

As in X-files the truth is out there? no
As in experimental aircraft then yes
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'm not sure about UFO's but I heard the admin of CommanderBond is a shape shifting lizard. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Has anyone here seen a UFO or been abducted by aliens?
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I wish aliens would abduct Craig.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Aliens would have to start by abducting Craig back from Babs dungeon ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I wish aliens would abduct Craig.
Somebody that funny-looking probably is an alien. Haven't you seen Men In Black?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

For once Cmdr 0077 will give a serious reply.
If you're speaking about life on other planets, and therefore vehicles from other planets, I would have to go with the mathematical probabilities of life forming by itself by countless accidents. And so I would say no, I don't believe there is life on other planets sending starships to earth. 1/ Carl Sagan said the possibility of accidental life is 1 chance in 10^5000, a Blofeldesque number, since there are estimated 10^80 molecules in the 'known' universe! 2/ the chance formation of just ONE molecule is beyond belief. Imagine you have 18 friends, and you tell them they have to get in sequence. II think the number of different possible sequences is something like 10^128. So if you want to build a molecule with 18 amino acids (links), these are the odds of them coming together in exact sequence; plus they have to go 'left-handed' and other stuff. So you can also have 18 poker chips and have the same odds of falling into exact row! But then instead of 'just' 18 links in the real world, you have typically from 50 to 1000 links of amino acids. And that's just for one type of links, for just one molecule. There's other things you need to build just one. And to build a cell you need to have hundreds of molecules. A DNA molecule has 186,000 links! One strand is six feet compressed, and in perfect sequence. And so today, even the majority of scientists who believe things happened by accident admit they can't explain the origin of life, since even 'simple' life is not simple. One 'simple' cell is more complicated than a space station, and it's 'alive'. We see things like tiny vehicles in our bodies that deliver cells, one called bacterium flagellum, which has a propeller, engine, driveshaft, fuel, it knows where to go and how to get there! Its prop spins at 10,000 rpms. Some spin at 186,000 rpms. Even the lower figure is very high revving for a auto. And it can stop, and then reverse in the other direction. So my point is that I don't believe there is life 'out there' ... we live in a very special place. We happen to have a perfect moon and sun, and a Jupiter than deflects things away from us because of its mass/gravity. We're in the perfect solar system and place in Milky Way. If we were anywhere else we would be literal toast. So when I hear of 'earth type planets' you have to have also perfect moon for them, sun, location. Our sun is only a small fraction of stars able to support life. Imagine, too, if we were closer or further. Then imagine another 'earth' and they have a sun that's too close or too hot or cold. For earth there have been identified more than two dozen 'perfect things' that our universe supports life. Any one of these are beyond belief. One example is our gravity. If we had a ruler stretching across the cosmos, our gravity setting is in the perfect 'one inch' in fact around 1/8 inch. How can we hit that perfect setting, when just a little to the 'right' or 'left' and we would have impossible gravity for life!

I accept that many credible witnesses have seen UFOs, but that's another discussion ... while they may not come from this universe they may come from ..........! It's curious that thru the ages they always change their stories. First, they said they were from our solar system, from Mars or Venus. Then, when our probes showed nope, their stories changed to 'we're from the far away stars' their record does show they lie again and again; so I don't trust 'them'.
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I hate to rule anything out as impossible, but I agree with the Commander. Also suspicious is the way that descriptions of alien sightings tend to resemble depictions of aliens in popular culture. For example, the "grey" was virtually unheard of before the release of CE3K. Now, it's the default description.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig