Roy Hodgson for England

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Roy Hodgson for England

Post by The Sweeney »

Utter disgrace if the FA decide to go for Hodgson, who has proved himself as a manager that can cope with regulation battles with medium talent players, but at big clubs where ego managing is required, he is totally out of his depth.

Redknapp was the obvious no.1 choice, the same way Cloughie was years before, and both times the FA fucked up.

I am really not looking forward to the Euros now, and part of me wants England to fail, just to sit back and watch the fireworks and see the whole thing blow up spectacularly in the FA's face.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Roy Hodgson for England

Post by bjmdds »

I have no idea of what you are talking about Sweene. It must be a UK thing?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:I have no idea of what you are talking about Sweene. It must be a UK thing?
England soccer issues. We are looking to have a new manager that most fans don't want, and the one we do want is being snubbed.

It's like Daniel Craig as Bond all over again...... :lol:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I was a bit surprised to see him chosen. I quite like him but he may be a bit dour and was looking forward to seeing if Redknapp could bring something extra to England in a tournament. I think some of the people choosing the England manager such as Trevor Brooking do not get on with Redknapp.
Bring back Bond!