bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
33%
themi6forum.proboards.com
67%

Total votes: 9

katied

Re: What's your favourite MI6 forum?

Post by katied »

I peek over there(Nu/Bizrro MI6) and yeah..it's pretty dead.Can't say I blame people for starting their own boards. :cheers:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:I peek over there(Nu/Bizrro MI6) and yeah..it's pretty dead.Can't say I blame people for starting their own boards. :cheers:
When the options were either MI6Communists or CB.n there was no debate.
katied

Post by katied »

Don't you think MI6 has lost some of its cache in the Bond fandom though?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:Don't you think MI6 has lost some of its cache in the Bond fandom though?
Don't know, don't care. Last time I was there it was infested by n00bs with little respect and poor grammar. I've seen better posts on IMDb.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

stockslivevan wrote:
katied wrote:Don't you think MI6 has lost some of its cache in the Bond fandom though?
Don't know, don't care. Last time I was there it was infested by n00bs with little respect and poor grammar. I've seen better posts on IMDb.
Do you still talk to Nash or has he stayed with the Cavaliers?
katied

Post by katied »

Nash was here the other day. I believe he can look, but he can't post.Giving him posting privileges again would, be counterproductive[/soapbox] :mrgreen:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:
Do you still talk to Nash or has he stayed with the Cavaliers?
Besides interacting in forum threads I rarely talk with anyone beyond that. So no, I haven't talked with him since I left MI6. I admit there's plenty decent mods I'd love to have come over to B&B such as St. George and Major D. Smythe but I know the MI6 headmasters would not be happy about that and they might get in trouble. I rather let them do their own thing than get mixed up in the mess, they were not treated any better than us too. When a bunch of us started settling at B&B the MI6 admins were very angry over the fact that a bulk of longstanding veteran members moved over to B&B after the change. Any links to our site would have been immediately deleted and members would have their PMs disabled. This is really no different from another time when veteran member Mr. Brown created his own forum called Studio B last year and the admins really went out of their way to prevent him and other members from inviting anyone to the site, fearing that those invited would stop posting at MI6. This is why they created the 00-Member section, a private forum section for 00-members only. It didn't serve much purpose beyond being a desperate move to keep veterans around, I know Lazenby. was very pissed about the concept of the section.

That's ultimately what made a bulk of us withdraw, not just because of the change but because we were being merely treated like numbers instead of lontgime respected members of a community.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lazenby. wrote:Plus about 200 more where those blatantly random monikers came from. :?

Enough puppeteering to make Jim Henson roll in his grave. But to what end? Illusion of popularity?
I suspect they're just not very good at weeding out spammers. From my experience as a moderator on another forum, people who join with user names like the ones you listed tend to just post form messages consisting of an extract from a random article interspersed with links to sites selling WoW gold and Ugg boots.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

Lazenby. wrote:
Bond77 wrote:
Omega wrote:Postby Omega » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm
bondandbeyond has the best layout.
Perhaps, but I have to go substance over style.
Seriously? 11 members and barely 100 posts in 4 months?
Yes, quality > quantity. 8)