Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!!!!!!

Post by Dr. No »

I hope everyone has a wonderful time with their families and friends this holiday season ! God Bless!

:cheers: :cheers:

Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2010!!!!!!

Post by katied »

It's been a great day so far-we went down to Mission Bay and had dinner at a hotel there-they had a variety of food-appetizers(I was all about the peel and eat shrimp!),salad, etc. then the main course(turkey, stuffing,gravy,mashed potatoes,candied yams, acorn squash and several other things.) Then dessert....Pies, cakes, candy, the usual...I opted for Bananas Foster(Bananas sauteed with butter and rum) on ice cream.Delicious!

Included in the price of our meal was a boat ride on a steam boat, around the bay.That was a lot of fun, even though it was a little chilly.

The best part?I didn't feel like I over ate.I really wanted to go back for seconds of turkey and all the trimmings but I didn't.I was proud of myself(and saved a few calories, too! :wink: )
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Sounds like a fun holiday!
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Is it this time of the year again?
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Nearly-I am going to Oklahoma City-my brother and his wife just moved to a new house, and only just moved in(like a few days ago!) so Thanksgiving is going to be catered by Luby's (a cafeteria-their food is actually really good-I'll be interested to see what they can do with Thanksgiving dinner!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

katied wrote:Nearly-I am going to Oklahoma City-my brother and his wife just moved to a new house, and only just moved in(like a few days ago!) so Thanksgiving is going to be catered by Luby's (a cafeteria-their food is actually really good-I'll be interested to see what they can do with Thanksgiving dinner!
Is it this one?

http://www.lubys.com/en/
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Turns out Thanksgiving dinner is NOT being catered by Luby's(though that would have been fine!) I've been eating very well since I've been in Oklahoma City-yesterday we went to Cracker Barrel-they have homestyle cooking-lots of steak and meatloaf and fried chicken(not in the same meal!) and Tex Mex food for lunch today.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We're already baking yams and pies :mrgreen:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

And Cr-egg is the biggest turkey of them all :!:
Bayonet Sconder
New Recruit

Post by Bayonet Sconder »

Can anyone surpass Connery as best James Bond?

Getty Images

James Bond has been played by Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig.

By Gael Fashingbauer Cooper

Connery. Sean Connery.

He was the first James Bond, but is he now and forever the best?

We asked our readers on Facebook to share their thoughts about the six actors who've played super-spy 007 over the years. In our completely informal poll, Sean Connery came out on top by a mile.

Said Karen Willis: "Favorite Bond ACTOR is, of course, Sean Connery. But I found that the *plot* of some of the OTHER actors' movies really appeal to me more than Sean's! (scandalous!)"

But some viewers feel that it's hard not to have a fond feeling towards whichever actor was playing Bond at the time you grew up.

Says Shundra Stewart, who was born in 1980: "I was in high school going into college when (Pierce Brosnan) was James Bond. So I knew Pierce more than the other Bonds since I grew up watching a lot of his movie and of course Remington Steele."

Current Bond Daniel Craig gets a split decision.

Says Jay Isherwood: "Daniel Craig is doing well, but his Bond is completely humorless and I miss that...I liked Pierce a lot! But Roger Moore is my favorite!"

Joshua Harrington disagrees, writing "Daniel Craig is very very good as Bond. I like his no-nonsense version of Bond. The movies are much less campy and actually really good solid films."

No one on our page is a huge fan of one-movie-wonder George Lazenby, although Bill Salterelli does list him third on his Bond list.

Here's our most unscientific list, in order of preference.

1. Sean Connery
2. Daniel Craig
3. Roger Moore
4. Pierce Brosnan
5. Timothy Dalton
6. George Lazenby

Who's your top Bond? Give us your list, and any reasons, in the comments.

Related content:
• James Bond gets movie title, Twitter account
•Slideshow: Check out action shots of all the Bonds
•First photo from Bond film 'Skyfall' released
•Bookmark our new Entertainment blog
•Follow us on Twitter
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

:?: