Hotter than(insert amusing phrase here)

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
katied

Hotter than(insert amusing phrase here)

Post by katied »

We have had a very cool summer- cooler than average remperatures. But the past 2-3 days have been HOT and it doesn't look like letting up. Luckily, I live near the ocean, so it's not *too* bad(inland from where I live, it's brutal. :down:
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Re: Hotter than(insert amusing phrase here)

Post by CaptainLewis »

I think it is quite warm at the moment. It is quite sunny for a September.
katied

Post by katied »

We haven't hit Indian Summer yet, and we typically have a few warm days then. October is usually the time of year we have to worry the most about brush fires. :(
katied

Post by katied »

Yay! It's the first day of fall and it feels like it where I am.
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Two days ago it was like a monsoon over here. But today it was sunny, but very, very cold. (I made a mistake of going to the shop just wearing a T-shirt and jeans. It was freezing.)
katied

Post by katied »

Heating up again here-it's going to last at *least* a week,with a few cooler days in there.
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

It's been odd this week. It rained for the first 2 or so days, then it went into Indian Summer mode and was boiling! I had to take of my coat for most of the week. It's really, really strange.
katied

Post by katied »

Really warm here-my parents and I had a picnic in Balboa Park(The big city park here in San Diego).Perfect day for it. 8)
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Its become really cold on this end. It starting to get dark around 6/7, I guess winter is arriving.
katied

Post by katied »

I've been in Oklahoma visiting my brother the past few days-this is the first day the weather hasn't been rainy and gloomy. I think they got the weather that we had at the start of last week which was terrible-rainy and thunder and lightning(we need the rain in San Diego, though). :cheers:
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

It was really raining yesterday! Got splashed by a van, which was quite annoying. Over here it's got to the Dark, Cold Winter period. I hope I can avoid catching a cold.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

(
Reuters) - Heavy snow grounded all flights at Gatwick airport on Wednesday, while the worst early winter weather in almost two decades also caused severe delays on roads and rail lines up and down Britain.

In Scotland, Edinburgh airport was closed because of heavy snow showers. London's smaller City airport said its runway was operating, but some flights had been cancelled.

Police in the southern countries of Kent and Surrey advised motorists not to travel unless their journey was absolutely essential, with severe delays reported on the M25 London orbital motorway which passes through the counties.

Much of Britain has been blanketed with heavy snow, with bitter winds adding to the misery.

"Due to severe weather conditions, there are currently no departing and arriving flights at Gatwick," the airport said in a statement on its website.

"The runway will remain closed until at least 06:00 (0600 GMT) Thursday 2nd December," it added, advising travellers not to set out for the airport.

The Highways Agency also said there were delays on the busy M1 motorway in the East Midlands and on the A1 near the Yorkshire town of Catterick.

Eurostar rail services between London and continental Europe were suffering delays of up to 30 minutes.

Britain, which last year shivered through its coldest winter in 30 years, has not seen such widespread early snowfall since 1993.

There was no immediate sign of a thaw, with further snow forecast on Wednesday in eastern Scotland and eastern, central and southern England.
It's freezing!
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

We've had cold nights here-down in the low 30's for a lot of the area-even near the beach where I am!I've been wearing long sleeved pajamas(shirt and pants)with long johns underneath, and 2 layers of socks!