2010 FIFA World Cup

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Post by The Sweeney »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

RIP England's national football team, 1872-2010.
Bring back Bond!
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

carl stromberg wrote:RIP England's national football team, 1872-2010.

Agreed. What we saw the other night was the final nail in the coffin. No excuses this time. We didn't get beat on penalties, we didn't get a player sent off. Ok, we were unlucky with the disallowed goal, and people will argue that at 2-2 the game may have been different, but I say this - no way! They outclassed us right across the pitch. We were awful throughout the tournament, not just against Germany, whereas they have looked a better team overall. We had the easiest group of the tournament and we couldn't even top that.

If Lampard's goal had been allowed, then Germany would have just upped their game a gear and beaten us 5-2. That is how bad we were. Capello is getting his share of the blame too, but at the end of the day our players just aren't good enough. They are average at best, and made to look good week-in week-out in the Premiership, surrounded by brilliant foreign players. Hell, I would probably look as good as Lampard if I played in the midfield he has at Chelsea.

To top it all, they are pampered prima donnas. Players that believe their own hype. Players that have lost a foothold with reality, and suddenly become nervous wrecks when they leave the cushioned lifestyle of their rich clubs, and get exposed for what they really are on the world stage - a shambles.

Towards the end of the game I was actually cheering on Germany. I was hoping for the scoreline to be even bigger, just to make the humiliation that much worse. Sadly, all we got was 4-1. I was hoping for 6 or 7-1 (which it could very easily have been).

We hear Sven was too relaxed with them last time round (when the WAGS ran riot) - that is why they supposedly stank the place out in 2006. Now we hear Fabio has been too strict with them this time round - this is why they stank the place out in 2010. No more excuses.

Until the Premiership gets a shake-up, England's decline will drop ever more rapidly now. It won't be long before we are ranked 20th or 30th on the world stage - and quite rightly too!

What a joke! :cuss:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Sweeney wrote:
Towards the end of the game I was actually cheering on Germany. I was hoping for the scoreline to be even bigger, just to make the humiliation that much worse. Sadly, all we got was 4-1. I was hoping for 6 or 7-1 (which it could very easily have been)

I feared that it would be 2-1 and people would say that England were unlucky because of the disallowed goal. But that disgrace of a team needed to be beaten.

I always thought we could do better and just suffered from poor coaches such as Taylor, Keegan and Sven who just played his defensive 4-4-2. I always disagreed with those who said England did not have the players. But I'm not sure where England go now. :cry:
Bring back Bond!
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

carl stromberg wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
Towards the end of the game I was actually cheering on Germany. I was hoping for the scoreline to be even bigger, just to make the humiliation that much worse. Sadly, all we got was 4-1. I was hoping for 6 or 7-1 (which it could very easily have been)

I feared that it would be 2-1 and people would say that England were unlucky because of the disallowed goal. But that disgrace of a team needed to be beaten.

I always thought we could do better and just suffered from poor coaches such as Taylor, Keegan and Sven who just played his defensive 4-4-2. I always disagreed with those who said England did not have the players. But I'm not sure where England go now. :cry:
England have destroyed yet another reputable world class manager - who we always end up blaming. And the scary thing is, if Capello can't manage that rabble, who the hell can?
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Sweeney wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

England have destroyed yet another reputable world class manager - who we always end up blaming. And the scary thing is, if Capello can't manage that rabble, who the hell can?
Capello's staying on so we will have to see what he does in the Euro qualifiers in a few months.

The Argentinians and Brazilians imploded! I'd like to see Holland win.
Bring back Bond!
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Germany have been on fire this WC. They thrashed Argentina, and if they can keep up the momentum I see no reason why they can't go on and win the whole shebang.
Holland and Germany for the final?
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Spain will beat the Netherlands 1-0 in the final.

It will be nice to see a new country win it.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:Spain will beat the Netherlands 1-0 in the final.
How'd you know that? :shock:

And can I have next week's winning lottery numbers?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:Spain will beat the Netherlands 1-0 in the final.
How'd you know that? :shock:

And can I have next week's winning lottery numbers?
Spain kept winning 1-0 in the tournament, so I thought they would do so in the final! I thought they would score in about the 75th minute though.

This evening's UK lottery numbers are 5, 9, 23, 29, 32, 40. :wink:
Bring back Bond!