Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Breaking News Thread

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:We had police round our way last night to break up a street party not far from where I live. I was no fan of Thatcher, but holding a party to celebrate someone's death is just ghoulish.
I saw video of some of it I don't think the kinds doing this actually lived under Thatcher's rule. I'm not sure this wasn't an excuse to riot.

Not know anything about her aside for vague memories of her and Reagan, my impression was she was probably the best prime mister since Winston Churchill.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Comedian Jonathan Winters Dies at 87

Post by Goldeneye »

http://fox8.com/2013/04/12/comedian-jon ... es-at-87/
Jonathan Winters, the wildly inventive actor and comedian who appeared in such films as “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World” and “The Loved One” and played Robin Williams’ son on the TV show “Mork & Mindy,” has died. He was 87.

Winters died Thursday evening of natural causes at his home in Montecito, California, according to business associate Joe Petro III.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

DOUBLE BLAST AT BOSTON MARATHON

Post by Goldeneye »

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/lo ... lasts_rock
Two huge explosions rocked the Boston Marathon finish line at Copley Square just before 3 p.m. today, apparently causing numerous casualties, some possible with traumatic injuries on streets crowded with runners, spectators and post-race partiers, while a top city official said police were finding “more devices.”

Boston police tweeted: “23 injuries, 2 dead.”

City Council President Steve Murphy, who was at the finish line when the two explosions happened, said, “Police sources say they are finding more devices.” Murphy said police have had a controlled detonation on at least one object.

Panicked families have begun gathering at local hospital.

“I need to see my mother!” one woman screamed to unformed security holding media back at bay outside Brigham and Woman’s Hospital.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Envelope containing ricin sent to Sen. Wicker

Post by Goldeneye »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/tainted-letter-intercepted/index.html
An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted Tuesday afternoon at the U.S. Capitol's off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was told the letter was addressed to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Mississippi. After the envelope tested positive in a first routine test, it was retested two more times, each time coming up positive, the law enforcement source said. The package was then sent to a Maryland lab for further testing.

Senators were briefed on the matter Tuesday evening and told the congressional post offices would be temporarily shut down.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It's been a crazy day in Boston.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't know if I'd take the guy alive. What a hell of a thing to have an American city on lock down like that.
............ :007:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Amazing story out of Ohio, those three women being rescued..with everything that's been going on, some good news for once! :happy spin:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

This is a strange local story. Guy goes missing in 1987 car is found in 2013 they say he committed suicide ! ??? Maybe if he was starving/dehydrated to death and had no help coming for 26 years, i can see the guy using his gun if he had one. otherwise?? last Thursday hikers found the car partly buried. Supposedly this guy threatened to kill himself before he went missing,, is this what the coroner is basing his findings on? thing is people don't usually drive off roads to kill themselves around here to many weeks of lingering tapped in a car. No cell phones here back then, CB radio maybe. strange story without the suicide angle, and the deceleration of suicide has me wondering what really happened.

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - Authorities say a human skeleton found in a partially buried car near Gateway in western Colorado is that of a man who was reported missing 26 years ago.

The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reports the Mesa County Coroner's Office identified the man Monday as 65-year-old Ronald Vasey, who went missing in 1987.

The sheriff's department says a man hiking near John Brown Canyon Road called 911 at about 6 p.m. Thursday to report the crashed vehicle, which was below a cliff roughly 100 feet off the roadway. The vehicle was partially obscured by rocks and sediment presumably washed down over the years.

The coroner's office says it appears Vasey committed suicide.http://www.9news.com/news/article/33597 ... do-car-IDd
............ :007:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Oklahoma was just slammed by massive tornadoes the description is devastating. The pictures coming out are horrifying.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

An off duty soldier has been hacked to death by two people in an apparent terrorist attack. Very macabre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630304
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Dr. No wrote:Oklahoma was just slammed by massive tornadoes the description is devastating. The pictures coming out are horrifying.

I have family in Oklahoma. They're OK, but yeah..the pictures of the damage..and the stories from survivors.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:An off duty soldier has been hacked to death by two people in an apparent terrorist attack. Very macabre.

The man in the video with blood on his hands :shock: He was telling people how women in his country have to witness this however his accent make it sound as if he has lived in the UK all his life. Does the UK have the same problem we do with young immigrants not assimilating who continue to hate the country who took them in and feed, educate, and gave them a home?
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

kater23 wrote:
Dr. No wrote:Oklahoma was just slammed by massive tornadoes the description is devastating. The pictures coming out are horrifying.

I have family in Oklahoma. They're OK, but yeah..the pictures of the damage..and the stories from survivors.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Glad they are OK, All we can do is pray nothing we can do can truly prepare for it. Following the warnings can only do so much and these storms are so unpredictable
One old lady had her house destroyed twice by mega storms the first time was 1999 the second was this week, the unusual thing is how long it was on the ground and it was in such a populated area
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

My brother and his wife live in Oklahoma and they don't have a tornado shelter! :shock: I asked him if they had someplace they could go in the event of a tornado. He said they did.I hope it's enough though.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Goldeneye wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:An off duty soldier has been hacked to death by two people in an apparent terrorist attack. Very macabre.

The man in the video with blood on his hands :shock: He was telling people how women in his country have to witness this however his accent make it sound as if he has lived in the UK all his life. Does the UK have the same problem we do with young immigrants not assimilating who continue to hate the country who took them in and feed, educate, and gave them a home?
One of them (I think he was from Nigeria originally) converted to Islam 10 years ago and became an extremist. He was saying "stop killing people in our lands". I don't know what our lands are.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's time for a worldwide condemnation of this religion that preaches murdering innocent human beings. Being a catering, politically correct mindset, country by country, is not the solution. The UK had better wake up and oust their political leaders who do not end immigration by these radicals into your country. The USA is impotent to take action on what really needs to be done on immigration because of the disgrace currently occupying the White House under the disguise of someone with a brain.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

RIP Vince Flynn

Post by Goldeneye »

Thriller novelist Vince Flynn dead at 47
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/au ... ?hpt=en_c2
Vince Flynn, the bestselling author of political thriller novels, died early Wednesday after a long battle with prostate cancer, his publisher said. He was 47.

Flynn was the author of 14 novels, which regularly appeared on the New York Times bestseller list.

All but one of his novels feature counterterrorism operative Mitch Rapp. The character and series garnered Flynn legions of followers, with CBS Films buying the rights to the Mitch Rapp character with the intention of creating a movie franchise.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

RIP James Gandolfini

Post by Goldeneye »

Actor James Gandolfini dead
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/19/showb ... index.html
James Gandolfini, who gained fame playing a memorable mafia boss on HBO's "The Sopranos" by giving the role a contemporary twist of visiting a therapist for middle-age anxieties, died after suffering a possible heart attack in Italy, an HBO spokeswoman and the actor's managers said Wednesday.

He was best known for his award-winning performance as Tony Soprano from the late 1990s to the mid-2000s.
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Re: RIP James Gandolfini

Post by mcbride007 »

Goldeneye wrote:Actor James Gandolfini dead
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/19/showb ... index.html
James Gandolfini, who gained fame playing a memorable mafia boss on HBO's "The Sopranos" by giving the role a contemporary twist of visiting a therapist for middle-age anxieties, died after suffering a possible heart attack in Italy, an HBO spokeswoman and the actor's managers said Wednesday.

He was best known for his award-winning performance as Tony Soprano from the late 1990s to the mid-2000s.
:cry: Very sad news.