LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Breaking News Thread

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:WSJ Editorial Board: All the Adam Schiff transcripts – Chair knew there was no proof of Russia-Trump collusion!
I was telling someone who wanted the democrats threatening congress could open a covid inquiry to do, i said it doesn’t matter what is true or not, they will come out everyday and lie about what was testified to. I think most of us knew clapper, Comey, etc we’re lying, and they did it feeling entitled despite knowing everything they alleged wasn’t true .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The actual story is hidden behind a paywall, but this is possibly the greatest headline of the year: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coro ... -p0bjntjnh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

EXCLUSIVE: 'Joe Biden stole Jill from me': Her first husband tells how she CHEATED with Democrat candidate he once considered a friend and that they have LIED about how they started dating for years---Joe Biden and his wife Jill had an affair that broke up her first marriage, her ex-husband told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

RIP Peter Alliss

BBC golf commentator Peter Alliss had died aged 89.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... d-23124688

He used to host Pro Celebrity Golf with Sean Connery (Alliss on left).

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP John Le Carre: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55297558

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The driver who killed a US Capitol cop before he was gunned down by police is a Nation of Islam devotee from Indiana, according to reports and his social media. Noah Green, 25, who may have been living in Virginia, described himself as a “Follower of Farrakhan” on his Facebook page, in reference to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.--------not what the media wanted to see. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Felix Silla, best known as the gibberish-spouting Cousin Itt on the 1960s TV sitcom The Addams Family, died today from pancreatic cancer. He was 84 and died in Las Vegas.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Felix Silla, best known as the gibberish-spouting Cousin Itt on the 1960s TV sitcom The Addams Family, died today from pancreatic cancer. He was 84 and died in Las Vegas.
Wow, he must have been quite young when he appeared in The Addams Family *snap snap*

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

RIP Sir Clive Sinclair, who among other things invented the iconic Spectrum home computer. I believe it was called the Timex in the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... es-aged-81
In 1982, he released the ZX Spectrum 48K. Its rubber keys, strange clashing visuals and tinny sound did not prevent it being pivotal in the development of the British games industry. Much-loved games – now in colour – that inspired a generation included Jet Set Willy, Horace Goes Skiing, Chuckie Egg, Saboteur, Knight Lore and Lords of Midnight.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

My first computer was a Speccy. RIP Sir Clive.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Ours was one of the original Macs back in the day. Cost an exorbitant amount of money.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Ours was one of the original Macs back in the day. Cost an exorbitant amount of money.
And that was Sir Clive's great achievement, he opened up computing to the masses, with a home computer that was affordable and easy to program. An entire generation of IT professionals got their start writing programs for the ZX Spectrum in their bedrooms.

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

RIP to Barry Cryer the British comedy writer who wrote for all the greats. He normally paid tribute to those famous comedians who had passed away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60154371
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

RIP Howard Hesseman.

Watch this classic Police Academy 2 clip as a tribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhDr_ANQ34M
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:35 pm RIP Howard Hesseman.

Watch this classic Police Academy 2 clip as a tribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhDr_ANQ34M
RIP Howard.

Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Seems more devious to me than a simple fall for Bob Saget. It should be criminally investigated.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Maria Baronova resigned as editor-in-chief of Russia Today, a state-run media operation also known as RT, last week after condemning Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. She’s well aware that anyone who speaks out against the Kremlin could be in danger – but personal safety is the least of Baronova’s concerns.

"The problem is, I know these people very well. They never send threats, they just kill, so there is kind of [a] weird silence around me, but I really think we’re on the brink of a nuclear war right now. I’m not exaggerating," Baronova told Fox News Digital from Moscow, via a WhatsApp call.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wuhan Lab was Experimenting with Monkeypox Last Year – Published Research Report in International Journal in February!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pfizer clearly states in the supply contract that the injections are not going to be the same as the clinical trial injections AND it has no clue as to long-term effects or efficacy AND there may be unknown adverse effects that are, presumably, ABOVE and BEYOND the adverse event rate of 24% in the injected group of 21,900 in the Pfizer phase 3 clinical trials v 6% in the 21,900 placebo group in those trials. According to FDA Surveillance Data, the Pfizer COVID vaccine increases the risk of lung blood clots by 50%. FDA finally admitted Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine had been linked to blood clotting in older individuals based on the result of one of the largest studies of elderly persons aged 65 years and above.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Nearly a ton of taxpayer-provided food gets tossed in the trash every day at a massive Manhattan hotel being used to house migrants because they’d rather secretly cook their own meals on dangerous hot plates, a whistleblowing worker has revealed. Disturbing photos show garbage bags full of sandwiches and bagels awaiting disposal at the four-star Row NYC hotel near Times Square, where the city pays a daily rate as high as $500 per room, hotel employee Felipe Rodriguez told The Post.
“It’s a crime to be throwing out so much food,” he said. Other images show a hotel room littered with empty beer cans and bottles following a wild World Cup viewing party in November, Rodriguez said. That gathering — in a room whose occupant “gave the key to a cousin” while she “was in the Bronx, hanging out” — erupted into a fight over the match that left one man with a “big knot on his head,” Rodriguez said. Dennis A. Clark
“What changed in October was dramatic,” he said. “There are some nice migrants in that hotel looking for that American dream, that second chance to make it in society. But there are a lot of migrants there that are causing chaos. We have a lot of fights, a lot of drugs, a lot of sexual harassment abuse.”
An NYPD source confirmed that cops have responded to a string of domestic incidents at the hotel. Rodriguez said NYPD officers were initially stationed in the lobby but were replaced by National Guard soldiers in December. Rodriguez also said the hotel had a list “of people that are supposed to be quarantined — for COVID, chickenpox, whatever it is.”

“Nobody supervises those people,” he said. “Once they get bored, they flee. We don’t know who’s sick and who’s not sick.”

Rodriguez added ruefully: “We are in an environment that is hostile, violent and not safe anymore.”