Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: Breaking News Thread

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Most interesting news from election night last week is the counties in Colorado voting to leave the state, nobody is saying the county that started the movement didn't vote to leave the state but it is a widespread sentiment in rural parts if the state. The population clusters get too much say over the rest of the state.

Not that the vote to leave the state would ever happen but maybe they could be annexed be neighbouring states which is more likely that a 51st state. What would help is land mass counties getting a seat at the state capital so those people are represented. I'm not sure how the Indian tribes are represented I'm sure they have to have the same problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

67 is way too young.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

RIP Paul Walker.

Home> Entertainment
'Fast and Furious' Star Paul Walker Killed in Crash
Paul Walker, an actor perhaps best known for his roles in the "Fast and Furious" films died today in a car crash, his rep told ABC News. He was 40 years old.

"Sadly I must confirm that Paul did pass away this afternoon," Ame Van Iden said in an email.

Though the rep gave no more details, entertainment web site TMZ reported that Walker was in a Porsche when the driver lost control and crashed the vehicle into a tree.

The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station confirmed in a statement to Us Weekly that there were two fatalities in a traffic collision at approximately 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Very sad news about Lewis Collins.

And shocking news about Paul Walker.

RIP.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Paul Walker is gone too soon. RIP.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I didn't care for Walker as an actor over all he seemed like an OK guy. Dieing in a car crash there will be a lot of people who try to equate the car freaks and driving fast to his death.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

When fast and furious first hit theaters there was a huge outcry from the usual crowd all the advocates who said this movie encouraged bad behavior when in truth most movies encourage bad behavior. So the street racing craze that predated the movie was the result of the movie and Bond bedding beautiful women around the world had nothing to do the the swinging 60s and 70s. We want to see people doing in the movies the things we cant do in real life, drive boats recklessly, shoot people, race cars, ride a rocket to space, fight a guy named Jaws. :mrgreen: I hate the schadenfreude from people who supposedly care about other peoples "safety" yet delight in someones misfortune because it "Proves a point"

I was glad to hear he has a daughter, I'm sorry for his family's loss . RIP
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Nelson Mandela, South Africa's rights activist, dies

Post by Goldeneye »

RIP Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela, South Africa's rights activist, dies
Nelson Mandela, whose successful struggle against South Africa's apartheid system of racial segregation and discrimination made him a global symbol for the cause of human rights and earned him the Nobel Prize, died Thursday. He was 95.

Mandela spent 27 years in South African prisons before his release in 1990. He negotiated with the nation's white leaders toward establishing democracy and was elected South Africa's first black president in 1994, serving one term.

"He probably will be remembered both inside and outside South Africa as a political saint," said Michael Parks, the former editor of the Los Angeles Times who won a Pulitzer Prize in 1987 for his coverage of Mandela and South Africa's struggles.

"He had flaws that he had to overcome. He had a temper he had to deal with. He had to deal with what was going to be life imprisonment. Not all his decisions were great decisions, but what political leader's are," Parks said.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Pope Francis made Man of the Year! shocker! Listing to people debate it on the radio I don't think the left or right get how important the pope is to the revitalized feeling the church has right now, we are not catholic and we feel the pope is great representative of Christianity.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Peter O'Toole, legend of stage and screen: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/de ... nce-arabia

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

RIP Peter O'Toole
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

RIP Peter O'Toole...

Sean Connery is seen at the funeral of the actor.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Last movie I saw O'toole in was Stardust, it was pretty good and otoole gave a great performance as always alittle surprised he was only 81 he looked much older.
IMO it says alot that actors like him were ignored for awards getting honorary awards instead of teh real thing.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What a grateful government :sarcasm:
Not only do they cut military retiree and disabled vet benefits in the new budget the us army is closing veteran .mil email accounts . Many vets were encouraged to run all sensitive accounts for benefits and such through those account now with out warning the government is purging the vets. What a f'ing slap to the face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Fire the entire lot of Congress and Oh-bama, all 536 of them in total :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Fire the entire lot of Congress and Oh-bama, all 536 of them in total :!:
The only thing that prevents me from agreeing with you is the fear that what replaces them might be even worse.