Breaking News Thread

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Breaking News Thread

Post by bjmdds »

Nitrites in hot dogs very bad for one's health.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

That's why I only eat 'em once a year(if that) but I try to eat Hebrew Nationals as they're a little less mystery-meaty than most hot dogs.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:That's why I only eat 'em once a year(if that) but I try to eat Hebrew Nationals as they're a little less mystery-meaty than most hot dogs.
Hebrew nationals will be a little better, there is a mother brand that is supposed to be even healthier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Or veggie dogs..but I've never tried them. I do like veggie burgers though.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Vegetarian hot dogs are the same as the standard hot dogs as the meat ones are bulked up with non-meat items!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Vegetarian hot dogs are the same as the standard hot dogs as the meat ones are bulked up with non-meat items!

I'm always kinda scared by how veggie dogs will taste;veggie burgers they have got pretty right-a vegetarian friend of mine wouldn't eat Boca Burgers because they tasted *too* much like meat!
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

kater23 wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Vegetarian hot dogs are the same as the standard hot dogs as the meat ones are bulked up with non-meat items!

I'm always kinda scared by how veggie dogs will taste;veggie burgers they have got pretty right-a vegetarian friend of mine wouldn't eat Boca Burgers because they tasted *too* much like meat!
I think vegetarian fish fingers and prawns - which you can buy here in the UK - are taking things too far. :shock: :shock:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The horsemeat scandal is still going in the UK with Findus Beef lasagne found to be 100% horsemeat. :shock:
Bring back Bond!
Bejams
New Recruit

Post by Bejams »

carl stromberg wrote:The horsemeat scandal is still going in the UK with Findus Beef lasagne found to be 100% horsemeat. :shock:
They said that organised crime/mafia are involved in using horsemeat. Maybe a few whacked people have ended up in the crispy pancakes too. :D :D
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Bad timing, given that Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras is coming up! :mrgreen:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

kater23 wrote:Bad timing, given that Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras is coming up! :mrgreen:
I think I'l stick with lemon on the shrove Tuesday pancakes and skip the horse1

By the way now they saw there is donkey meat involved too. :shock:
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

You know,i think I've had actually only had pancakes on Shrove Tuesday a couple of times. There are a couple of places in San Diego that have Mardi Gras parties, but they're pretty tame.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

The pancakes we eat on shrove Tuesday a quite thin like an omlette. I think the US breakfast ones are thicker?
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304
Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month after nearly eight years as the head of the Catholic Church, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

The unexpected development - the first papal resignation in nearly 600 years - surprised governments, Vatican-watchers and even his closest aides.

The Vatican says it expects a new Pope to be elected before Easter.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger became Pope in 2005 after John Paul II's death.

The BBC's David Willey in Rome says the move has come as a shock, but in theory, there has never been anything stopping Pope Benedict or any of his predecessors from stepping aside.

Under Canon Law, the only conditions for the validity of such a resignation are that it be made freely and be properly published.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfil the ministry entrusted to me”

Pope Benedict XVI

A Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi, said that even the Pope's closest aides did not know what he was planning to do and were left "incredulous". He added that the decision showed "great courage" and "determination".

Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti is quoted as saying he was "greatly shaken by this unexpected news".

The brother of the German-born Pope said the pontiff had been advised by his doctor not to take any more transatlantic trips and had been considering stepping down for months.

Talking from his home in Regensburg in Germany, Georg Ratzinger said his brother was having increasing difficulty walking and that his resignation was part of a "natural process".

He added: "His age is weighing on him. At this age my brother wants more rest."
'Incapacity'

At 78, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

He took the helm as one of the fiercest storms the Catholic Church has faced in decades - the scandal of child sex abuse by priests - was breaking.
Continue reading the main story
POPE BENEDICT XVI

At 78, one of the oldest new popes in history when elected in 2005
Born in Germany in 1927, joined Hitler Youth during WWII and was conscripted as an anti-aircraft gunner but deserted
As Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger spent 24 years in charge of Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith - once known as the Holy Office of the Inquisition
A theological conservative, with uncompromising views on homosexuality and women priests

In a statement, the pontiff said: "After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry.

"I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering.

"However, in today's world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to steer the boat of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfil the ministry entrusted to me.

"For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is."

A German government spokesman said he was "moved and touched" by the surprise resignation of the pontiff.

"The German government has the highest respect for the Holy Father, for what he has done, for his contributions over the course of his life to the Catholic Church.

"He has left a very personal signature as a thinker at the head of the Church, and also as a shepherd."
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

I think I'm the only Catholic here(though I could be wrong)but I am SO happy about this.Sorry,but I am. Benedict was slowly but surely sending the Church back into the old days(my dad, many times:"The best thing that ever happened to the Catholic Church was when they switched from Latin Masses to English") and Benedict has been at the forefront of wanting to bring that back.

Growing up Catholic in the 70's,the Church had Folk Masses and the like in in trying to be more modern..It became even more so with Pope John Paul.

Oh and another thing:He has no desire to do anything about the, uh,issues(sex abuse scandals among them)in the Church.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

History in the making and the world is a part of it.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I had no idea he could resign :shock: I always thought he had the job for life no exceptions.

My first though is to remember a prophecy Pope John Paul was big on, I believe it had the number of popes in it and the current pope was either the last or next to last in the prophecy, I was wondering if he was trying to ensure the next pope would be found with out teh chaos. My wife's first thought was someone found his Hitler youth Facebook page. :wink:
Still history in the making.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

Seemed strange that he was chosen as Pope in the first place as he was about 90 when selected.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

I've heard about that prophecy..I don't buy into it, it's like the Catholic Church's =of the Mayan Calendar :twisted: