Travel thread

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
katied

Travel thread

Post by katied »

Inspired by an upcoming trip to Las Vegas(we're staying at the Excalibur), I thought I'd start a travel thread-places you've been,places you want to go,tips and suggestions for cheap air fares, hotel rooms, that sort of thing. :cheers:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Travel thread

Post by Kristatos »

I find www.kayak.com by far the best site for finding cheap air fares.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I stayed at the Excalibur in 1994. Huge place, by the NY NY and MGM Grand hotels. Wayne Newton has no voice. My friend just came back from there today with his wife. Show tickets are not cheap but wait until you get there and check out 1/2 priced listings. Wayne Newton has no voice left. Donny and Marie seem popular, even though she took time off due to her tragedy recently.
katied

Post by katied »

I heard that they have toned down the castle theme of Excalibur-they've modernised it to keep up with the newer hotels. I've read online that some people think the rooms are kinda shabby, but you can do a virtual tour of the rooms on Excalibur's website, and they're really nice, IMO.

One of the days we're there we are going to go to the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead,which will be a lot of fun! :up:
katied

Post by katied »

Curious if anyone here has been to Miami-I am wanting to go but would like some advice about when the best time to visit is, that sort of thing. :idea:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'd love to go to Miami and meet Dexter Morgan and Crockett and Tubbs.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

You know, I've never seen an episode of Dexter-a lot of my friends like it though. I remember watching Miami Vice back in the day-sometimes on the down low-there were some things-like super-violent tv shows-that even my hippie parents didn't approve of! :oops:

Places like Hotwire and Priceline advertise good prices for hotels and airfares for places like the Fontainebleu(featured in Goldfinger, BTW)