Son of Walter Koenig missing

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Son of Walter Koenig missing

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/ ... ssing.html
'Growing Pains' actor Andrew Koenig is missing; son of Walter Koenig was last seen in Vancouver
February 21, 2010 | 2:26 pm

Andrew Koenig, the actor who played Richard "Boner" Stabone to Kirk Cameron's Mike Seaver in more than two dozen late-1980s episodes on the sitcom "Growing Pains," has been missing for a week, and family -- dad is Walter Koenig of "Star Trek" -- friends and the police are concerned.

His sister, Danielle Koenig, said he was last seen Feb. 14 in Vancouver, where he was visiting friends, Zap2It reports. He was to have flown out Feb. 16 but didn't make the flight.

He'd been staying with Jenny Magenta, a burlesque dancer, since Feb. 10. She's been posting on her personal Facebook page since Friday about his disappearance, and has commented on Twitter as well.
Celebrities, according to an earlier Zap2It article, including Alyssa Milano and Sara Silverman, have been on Twitter and on blogs, spreading the word.

"The Vancouver police are involved, and lots of people are looking," actor and TV host David Holmes said on radio host Jesse Thorn's blog at Maximum Fun.

Andrew's parents, Walter and Judy Koenig, told "Entertainment Tonight" on Sunday that they'd last heard from him Feb. 9, and Judy said his phone had received a text from a friend Feb. 16 in the Stanley Park area of Vancouver. (Walter is best known as "Star Trek's" Pavel Chekhov.)

"We heard from him in early February when he was staying with friends in Toronto," Judy told ET. "He sounded fine, but I was worried about him."

Walter koenig They also told TMZ that their son had been "suffering from depression" in the days leading up to his disappearance and that they planned to fly to Vancouver in the next few days.

Walter Koenig told "ET" about the Vancouver police: "They have been kind, sensitive, generous and just extraordinary. Two of their investigators are working tirelessly today on their day off. They have been wonderful."

As in other interviews, he asked anyone with information to contact the Vancouver investigators at (604) 717-2534.

Andrew Koenig, who has worked periodically as an actor since "Growing Pains," is also the camera operator on the podcast "Never Not Funny." Producer-director-writer Lance Miccio, who said he'd worked with Andrew several times, told TMZ that Koenig had passed on a project Miccio had discussed with him two weeks ago, saying he "wasn't going to work anymore."

-- Christie D'Zurilla
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Son of Walter Koenig missing

Post by carl stromberg »

I hope he is ok.
Bring back Bond!
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

I thought this was a small child when it first hit the wires. A grown man, either he don't want to be found (plenty of reasons for that) or something tragic has already happened.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b168972 ... topstories

Andrew Koenig's Father: "My Son Took His Own Life"
Today 8:05 PM PST by Natalie Finn

Andrew Koenig's parents wish their son had realized how many people cared about him.

"My son took his own life," dad Walter Koenig said during a police news conference this evening. "Obviously, he was in a lot of pain."

Andrew's body was discovered by a group of friends who had organized their own search at noon Thursday in a densely wooded area of Vancouver's Stanley Park.

Walter said that Andrew considered the 1,000-acre landmark a second home. Police said that three search-and-rescue teams searched the area on Tuesday because they knew it was one of his favorite places, but found no trace of him.

Now that their son is gone, the actor's parents hope that others who suffer from depression will be encouraged to seek help.

"I have received hundreds of emails from people who said they are depressed and considering the same course of action or showed signs of the same behavior," Walter, who played Chekov on the original Star Trek, said.

"The only thing I will say is if you are one of these people and feel you can’t handle it anymore, I hope you learn from this. Know that there are people are out there who really care. It may not be enough, but before you make your final decision, check it out again, talk to somebody."

Added Andrew's mother, Judith: "People don't realize there is help. Families, familiarize yourself with these signs. Don't rationalize anything away. People have shown signs of love.

"In his pain, Andrew didn't realize what was available to him. He had much love and much to contribute. This is the only statement we are going to make. Please respect our privacy."

Vancouver Police Constable Jana McGuiness said that they do not suspect foul play. The investigation will now be turned over to the coroner's office.

"It's a devastating day for the family," McGuiness said, adding that there will be no comment on cause or time of death for the time being, due to the sensitivity of the matter.

________

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Tragic.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I can't imagine out living our kids. So sad. I hope some good comes of this tragedy.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

In the old saying, no parent should have to bury their child.