Dr. Joseph
New Recruit

Bush "Miss Me Yet?"

Post by Dr. Joseph »

Bush "Miss Me Yet?" Billboard Appears Near Highway
Posted by Daniel Farber
Updated 11:24 a.m. Eastern

(Bob Collins/Minnesota Public Radio)
If you drive along I-35 in Wyoming, Minnesota, you might see a billboard with a picture of George W. Bush and the words, "Miss Me Yet?"

Bob Collins of Minnesota Public Radio says that the billboard is real, not Photoshopped, and he has been trying to chase down who is behind it.

As of Tuesday morning, no luck. While many may miss President Bush, he seems to be enjoying his life outside of the spotlight, where he doesn't have to deal with load on the shoulders of the current president.

Update 3:00 p.m. ET: Bob Collins has an update today on the mystery surrounding who paid for the sign. According to Mary Teske, the general manager of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising, the sign was bought by "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them." She added that they wish to remain anonymous.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Bush "Miss Me Yet?"

Post by Kristatos »

I've seen this in the original form at the bottom of your post. The answer, I suspect, will be a resounding "no" from anyone outside the Tea Party crowd.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

George is having a marvellous time in retirement playing golf aand computer games.

Sarah Palin wrote notes on her hand then obviously looked at them during an interview. Daft bint.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Sarah Palin wrote notes on her hand then obviously looked at them during an interview. Daft bint.
That's not the funniest part. I don't begrudge someone using an aide memoire. But the funny part is that she was slamming Obama in the same interview for using a teleprompter.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Oh-bama just told another fabricated story of how a woman who supported him died and wanted to be buried in an Oh-bama tee-shirt. :shock: What classless nonsense is this community organizer in chief? :down:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

But disappointment in Obama doesn't necessarily translate into a desire to see Bush back. Most of those who supported him have now moved onto Palin anyway.
katied

Post by katied »

So help me..I can see the appeal of Palin. :shock:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

This poster was seen near FormerBondFan's house:

Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:This poster was seen near FormerBondFan's house:

We should have put that on the front page after QOS.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:So help me..I can see the appeal of Palin. :shock:
I can see why people would vote for her, she has that outsider cred. But so did Obama and it took him about a day to get ensnared in that stifling inside-the-beltway "wisdom" once he became President. And this is someone who's a heck of a lot smarter than Palin. Beltway wisdom is like that plant in Harry Potter that slithers all over you, choking the life out of you.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I do get why palin is popular. Obama is in trouble because he was not a clever as he pretended and becausa he is not a politician. Clinton was a politician and knew how work with people and makes deals. Obama is used to everybody doing what he wants and them making excuses when he fails. Now he talks down to people and is trying to set the republican dupes up as fall guys. Everybody knows he dropped the ball with health care leaving it to the crooks like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid to write it and make up back room deal as bad as the deals the republicans like Grant did after the Civil War. Not forgetting about that damned stimulus bill or the next one they are trying to force though.
Health care is dead, the american people spoke, they do not want the crooked Insurance company bailout bill the Dems made adn we don't want obama talking to us like children because our head isn't right. The bill is a bad bill it should die. Why on earth he is trying to revive? is he nuts?

To answer the question yes I do miss them, Bush because he would keep us safe no matter what and he was a better hand at teh economy than Obama has been so far.
Pierce because when he was in office there were good bond movies :mrgreen:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I'm so upset with what Obama is trying to do by forcing the health care bill on us. We don't want it cause its a bad bill. This Jackass thinks he is so smooth and so undeniable we have to do what he wants, other way around Obama!
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.