Haiti earthquake

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Haiti earthquake

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

What a dreadful event this earthquake was, especially as Port au Prince is a poor densely populated city. I have watched lots of documentaries about Haiti in the past, so the image of the collapsed Presidential Palace was quite horrific.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Haiti earthquake

Post by Dr. No »

Yes it is astounding.

People fighting for survival are more concerned with shelter and working utilities no mater what kind. We learned the same things from when our nation was young
I am glad the other nations are able and willing to help with the rescues
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

They're saying it's as bad-destruction-wise-as Hurricane Katrina. :shock:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring back Bond!
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I was thinking of the 1906 quake the devastated the San Francisco area. I think there was a second big quake (aftershock) there too I know it is different but I sort of see a similarity to the Haiti is now and the way we were
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Fun fact I learned the other day(and didn't know until I read it):the Port Au Prince scenes in QOS were filmed in Panama! :shock:
katied

Post by katied »

Apparently there have been a lot of people(well meaning people) trying to get orphans out of Haiti. Problem is,not all of them are orphans(their parents are still missing).
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What do you do? Save the kids while you can or wait to find out if their parents are alive. Classic damned if you do damned if you don't. Saving the kids seems like a good way to go in a imperfect situation getting worse by the day
............ :007:
katied

Post by katied »

Things are bad there too, I think that's another reason for the unofficial adoptions . If things gets back to normal, and parents are found,then the kids should go back.That doesn't apply to adoptions that were already being processed, and legit.