Instant Coffee

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
katied

Instant Coffee

Post by katied »

Starbucks just rolled out their new Via instant coffee. Now, normally, I would not be caught dead drinking instant coffee, but I tried a sample at my local Starbucks(they know me by name there!) and... it's not bad!

How it will fare in a country(the U.S.) which isn't really an instant coffee culture remains to be seen. It might go over well in places like Israel which is largely a instant coffee drinking country(my dad lived there and he said that is *all* you can get).
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Instant Coffee

Post by carl stromberg »

I do drink Victory Coffee, along with Victory Gin. :wink:

I like instant coffee because it is easier to make, but it is inferior to real coffee.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

It is inferior to real coffee; however with the Via coffee,it really isn't bad for instant. True,it's $10 for 12 packets of coffee. However, I spend at least that much at Starbucks on brewed coffee and lattes.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I like cappacinos and other coffees, but they very different from normal coffee as they are virtually a milk drink!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Don't like coffee. If I need a caffeine hit, it's Red Bull for me.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

See, I don't like Red Bull; I had it warm once and I think that is what put me off of it.The sugar free Red Bull is disgusting.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:See, I don't like Red Bull; I had it warm once and I think that is what put me off of it.The sugar free Red Bull is disgusting.
Yeah, it's not to everyone's taste, but I was kind of using Red Bull as shorthand for all energy drinks. There are some that are actually quite tasty - Cherry Berry 24/7 was probably my favourite when I lived in the States, or a lime flavoured one that I can't remember the name of.
katied

Post by katied »

I tried Rock Star once(just to se what it tasted like). I think it's best summed up with "meh."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:I tried Rock Star once(just to se what it tasted like). I think it's best summed up with "meh."
I refuse to buy that after finding out that Michael Weiner Savage is a director or owner or something of the company that makes it. I'm not giving that hatemonger (who was banned from visiting Britain along with neo-Nazis and Islamic extremists) my money.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

we are pod people. we have a coffee maker that uses pod to make a cup of coffee (almost perfect every time). We used to buy and grind teh beans ourself but haven't looked back since we got teh pod machine as a gift. Before that I always drank instant and "Jolt" cola in college.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Dr. No wrote:we are pod people. we have a coffee maker that uses pod to make a cup of coffee (almost perfect every time). We used to buy and grind teh beans ourself but haven't looked back since we got teh pod machine as a gift. Before that I always drank instant and "Jolt" cola in college.

Those pod coffee makers are cool 8) I've got limited counter space,which is another reason I think instant coffee works so well for me.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Like Philip Marlowe I like coffee "black, stong and made this year".
katied

Post by katied »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Like Philip Marlowe I like coffee "black, stong and made this year".
My parents drink their coffee straight up, no sugar. My dad is of Scandinavian(Swedish) descent and they love their coffee! :D
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Dr. No wrote:we are pod people. we have a coffee maker that uses pod to make a cup of coffee (almost perfect every time). We used to buy and grind teh beans ourself but haven't looked back since we got teh pod machine as a gift. Before that I always drank instant and "Jolt" cola in college.

Those Scandinavians drink black coffee like it's water.
katied

Post by katied »

Those Scandinavians drink black coffee like it's water.

And they love their licorice. My grandmother LOVED licorice, as does my dad. It's a Scandinavian thing. 8)
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

You know these pod coffees can even make a creamy foam. I forget what the flavor was called, but tiw as cool.
I was told today the coffee machine we have is under recall ebcuase they explode because of a component made in china.......
Well certain model made in certain years have this bad part, I can't make heads or tails of it. Guess I'll just step out of the kitchen while it s brewing
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.