The food thread

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The food thread

Post by bjmdds »

Image I bought these at Trader Joe's. For frozen pizza, they are OK.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

If I didn’t wanna wait for delivery or go out..they would work for me!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A new study has found that the overwhelming majority of protein foods such as meat and fish are contaminated with microplastics. The comprehensive study, conducted by researchers at the nonprofit Ocean Conservancy, found that approximately 88% of protein samples tested contained microplastic particles. "Highly processed products contained the most microplastics per gram," the study said in its findings. :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Microscopic pieces of plastic are everywhere. Now, they've been found in bottled water in concentrations 10 to 100 times more than previously estimated.
Researchers from Columbia University and Rutgers University found roughly 240,000 detectable plastic fragments in a typical liter of bottled water. The study was published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. About 10% of the detected plastic particles were microplastics, and the other 90% were nanoplastics. Microplastics are between 5 millimeters to 1 micrometer; nanoplastics are particles less than 1 micrometer in size. For context, a human hair is about 70 micrometers thick. Microplastics have already been found in people's lungs, their excrement, their blood and in placentas, among other places.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

We tried Panda Express Chinese food chain store tonight. Had the 1 side and 3 entree plate with fried rice side, and entrees of teriyaki sliced chicken, orange chicken, and broccoli with a chicken egg roll. Place was more of a Chick-fil-A type place with booths to sit in. Food was fine and prices were reasonable at under $12.00 for all of that. Only complaint was food could have been hotter temperature wise.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

IWe have an Asian district(Convoy Street) with every kind of Asian food you can think of.When we can’t get there, Panda Express works. Oh!and there’s a place called Teri Cafe which has ramen(haven’t tried it but it’s my nephew’s go to). Last time were there I had shrimp fried rice and it was GOOD.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: