O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Britain's Got Talent

Post by CaptainLewis »

Huge audiences for 'Talent', 'Who'

The return of Britain's Got Talent was the most-watched programme on Easter Saturday by a margin of over 2 million viewers, according to overnight figures.

The third series of the contest - fronted by Ant & Dec and with Simon Cowell as a judge - averaged 10.52m (45.1%) for ITV1 between 7.45pm and 9.15pm last night. The audience peaked with a massive 11.81m (50.1%) at 8.40pm.

Spinoff show Britain's Got More Talent was the most-watched multichannel programme of the day, with 1.33m (6.7%) tuning in to ITV2 from 7.45pm.

The first of this year's Doctor Who specials, 'Planet Of The Dead', was seen by a respectable 8.41m (39.6%) on BBC One in the hour from 6.45pm. The episode guest starred Michelle Ryan and Lee Evans and was the first episode of Who to be simulcast in HD on BBC HD, where it was seen by 184k (1%)

Despite going up against Talent, Robin Hood actually grew its audience by over 1m to average 5.26m (22.9%) for BBC One between 7.45pm and 8.30pm.

Primeval, meanwhile, shed over 1.5m in its head-to-head battle with Who. This week's episode, which saw one of the major characters killed off, averaged a disappointing 2.71m (14.3%) from 6.15pm.

After Primeval, the audience lifted to 4.01m (18.5%) for New You've Been Framed!, which also clashed with Who.

Ongoing gameshow The Colour Of Money lost around three-quarters of its Talent lead-in, averaging just 2.76m (12.5%) between 9.15pm and 10.15pm.

BBC One's own quiz show The National Lottery: 1 Vs 100 fared better, with 4.04m (17.2%) tuning in at 8.30pm. The latest episode of Casualty followed with 5.94m (26.8%) at 9.20pm.

Live coverage of day three at The Masters blanketed BBC Two's primetime schedule, averaging 1.35m (7.2%) between 8.30pm and midnight.

Five's NCIS double bill had 980k (4.2%) and 1.53m (6.8%) from 8.10pm. A new CSI: NY brought in 1.83m (9.8%) at 10.10pm, then Law & Order took 1m (8.3%).

Channel 4's documentary repeat What Sank The Mary Rose? was of interest to 867k (3.7%) in the 8pm hour, then a screening of Little Miss Sunshine appealed to 1.56m (7.4%). The most-watched film on Easter Saturday was Finding Nemo, which averaged 3.94m (26.8%) for BBC One between 5.10pm and 6.45pm.

Despite Talent's success, BBC One had the overall lead in primetime with an average share of 26.1% to ITV1's 25.6%. BBC Two was third with 6.2%, followed by Channel 4 with 5.5% (+1: 0.6%) and Five with 6%.

The second episode in the new Red Dwarf trilogy lost over half the audience from the first episode but was still a huge success for multichannel station Dave. The show was the second most-watched multichannel programme of the day, with 937k (4.5%) tuning in at 9pm. Clip show Red Dwarf Special: Smeg-Ups followed with 495k (2.5%).

Also popular last night was BBC Three's screening of comedy movie Meet The Fockers, seen by 918k (6.4%) from 10.10pm.

Doctor Who's behind-the-scenes companion programme, Doctor Who: Confidential, took 465k (2.2%) for BBC Three at 8.30pm.
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a152472/ ... t-who.html
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Post by Dr. No »

Didn't we get most of our Reality and Talent shows from British ideas.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Drinking Games: 'Britain's Got Talent'

Britain's biggest and most popular variety contest returned on Saturday night, with Amanda Holden, Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan back on the hunt for the next Paul Potts or George Sampson. With a Greek father-and-son dancing double act, a man eating Ferrero Rocher and witches casting curses, it was the usual mix of the silly, bizarre and barmy. In celebration of the show's return, DS has brought together its own Britain's Got Talent drinking game!

Rule One - Every time you see a person who would classify themselves as "wacky" or "bubbly" (i.e. dressed in a silly hat) in the backstage area, down a shot.

Rule Two - Have another shot every time the audience turn into a baying mob, screaming "off! off! off!" as if they want Cowell, Morgan and Holden to violently do away with the contestants.

Rule Three - For each performing animal, crap magician, doddery old man, unicyclist, balloon animal artist or senile pensioner, have a couple of fingers of beer.

Rule Four - Crack into the vodka any time that Amanda Holden says that the "hairs on the back of my neck are standing up", she starts weeping, or she starts blubbering with platitudes.

Rule Five - Down a pint at any point the judges/audience start to applaud an ugly person or young child for being able to sing/dance/crack jokes at a sub-standard level.

Rule Six - Each time Simon Cowell reels off a speech about the state of "broken Britain" and about how the BGT contestants are a shining example of what "this country does best", have a few doubles.

Rule Seven - If there is a sudden change in the montage music to something unbelievably crass and saccharine (R. Kelly's 'I Believe I Can Fly, Enrique Inglesias's 'Hero', anything by Mariah Carey), down a pint.

Rule Eight - Each time you question Piers Morgan's credentials as a judge of comedy, music, magic and dancing, help yourself to a double and mixer.

Rule Nine - When Simon Cowell gives a contestant a wink as they leave the stage, help yourself to the whiskey. If he adds that they could go a "long way in this competition" (i.e. "you could make me a lot of money") have a second swig.

Rule Ten - If at any point you wonder if the show would be better with a fourth judge or spot a glimpse of Kelly Brook accidentally left in the edit, finish all the rest of your drinks.

This feature is intended to entertain only. Digital Spy does not advocate binge drinking.
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/britainsgot ... alent.html
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Morgan slams 'pathetic' Boyle backlash

Britain's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan has slammed critics of contestant Susan Boyle as "cruel, heartless toads".

Writing on his blog, the former newspaper editor claimed that the "backlash has already started" following criticism of Boyle's make-over and false speculation over the state of her mental health.

"It’s so typically British to do this, and so utterly pathetic. Susan is a lovely, decent, church-going, modest and kind woman who is dealing with becoming the hottest star on the planet with remarkable patience and good humour," he wrote.

"She is a fabulous advertisement for our country, and her success is a wonderful testament to the powers of persistence, positive thought, and living a dream, however unlikely the chances of realising it."

He added: "[Critics] should just all shut up, give Susan a break, and let her enjoy her extraordinary moment in the global spotlight."
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/britainsgot ... klash.html
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

The first semi-final is on tonight and the acts are:

Diversity
Sue Son
Darth Jackson
Nick Hell
Natalie Okri
Julie
Faces of Disco
Susan Boyle

Susan will walk to the final, I would also like to see Diversity get through. Who do you want to win.
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Thought it was an alright episode, though some of the acts were strange. I am glad Susan Boyle and Diversity made it.

Acts on tomorrow:

Flawless
jamie
shaun smith
gareth oliver
peter coghlan
DJ talent
merlin
Hot honeyz
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Boyle sings You Only Bourne Twice in 2011. :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

bjmdds wrote:Boyle sings You Only Bourne Twice in 2011. :lol:
LOL I wouldn't put it past EON,quite frankly! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Tonight we will witness the last of our semi-finals… and what a show it’s shaping up to be!

Two more acts will join Susan Boyle, Diversity, Flawless, Shaun Smith, Stavros Flatley, Shaheen Jafargholi, Julian Smith and 2 Grand in tomorrow night’s Grand Finale… but who out of this lot will you be rooting for tonight?

In alphabetical order...

Aidan Davis
DCD Seniors
Good Evans
Greg Pritchard
Hollie Steel
Luke Clements
Martin Matchum
The Dream Bears
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

The final is on tonight and the finalists are:

Susan Boyle
Diversity
Flawless
Shaun Smith
Stavros Flatley
Shaheen Jafrargholi
2 Grand
Julian Smith
Aiden Davis
Hollie Steel
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Diversity beat Boyle in 'Talent' final

Diversity have been voted as the winners of Britain's Got Talent 2009, beating long-time bookies' favourite Susan Boyle.

The Essex-based dance troupe, comprising of brothers and friends, triumphed in the live final following a performance which Simon Cowell described as "sheer and utter perfection".

Speaking after the result was announced by show hosts Ant and Dec, group member and choreographer Ashley Banjo commented: "When you guys said our name, I thought: 'I'm going to wake up in a minute'."

The 20-year-old added: "Can I just thank everyone that's voted - you've changed our lives and I can't actually believe it."

Scottish singer Boyle, 48, was the competition's runner-up - despite being favourite to win since the first episode aired. She had earlier performed a rendition of Les Miserables number 'I Dreamed A Dream', the song which made her a YouTube sensation following her original audition.

Paying tribute to the winners, she insisted: "The best people won. They're very entertaining. Lads, I wish you all the best."

Meanwhile, saxophonist Julian Smith finished in third place after impressing the public with a performance of 'Somewhere' from West Side Story.

He revealed: "I'm just happy that I've been taking part in tonight and been part of the whole thing. It's an honour."

Diversity will now perform in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety Show later this year. They will also receive a cash prize of £100,000.
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/britainsgot ... final.html

I was shocked when they wo it, I was sure Susan had it in the bag, but I am glad Diversity won.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Thats a shock.Susan Boyle was on TV so much I thought she would win.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I heard she was in the hospital after she lost
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'm not a fan of this program, so it passed me by a bit even though Susan Boyle was always in the news. I was surprised to see that 20 million people watched the final (out of a UK population of 60 million)!! I did not think that those viewing figures were possible in the age of digital/satallite TV and the internet.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Dr. No wrote:I heard she was in the hospital after she lost

Yup. "exhaustion". :shock:
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Did anyone watch the launch of the new series last week? The burping man was disgusting!
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Today's Semi-Final:

Sean Sheehan (Woodchopper)
Stevie Starr
Josh Barry
Threebee
Martin Cobble (Kevin Cruise)
Tobias Mead
Olivia Archbold
Spelbound

I ope Spelbound and Tobias Mead get through. I haven't been as intrested in it this year though, it's lacking the SUBO factor.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I see Daniel Craig is appearing as Kevin Cruise. :lol:

Bring back Bond!
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

carl stromberg wrote:I see Daniel Craig is appearing as Kevin Cruise. :lol:

lol :lol:

The final is on tonight and I hope Spelbound win.