USPS Celebrates Star Wars Anniversary, Droid Style

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
Harvey Wallbanger
Lieutenant-Commander

USPS Celebrates Star Wars Anniversary, Droid Style

Post by Harvey Wallbanger »

8) USPS Celebrates Star Wars Anniversary, Droid Style 8)

Star Wars will be celebrating its 30th anniversary this summer (May 24-May 28 ), and rumor has it the United States Postal Service (USPS) is revamping 300 of its old-school blue boxes by dressing them up in R2D2 graphics. While nothing is official yet, it's hard to argue with these pictures of R2D2 mailboxes in formations awaiting their marching orders.

A mysterious URL uspsjedimaster.com is emblazoned next to the USPS logo on every side of the box, too. Could this be the future home of a USPS/Star Wars gift shop? I'd say so since rumors also hint at the release of a special Star Wars stamp to be unveiled in Los Angeles later this month. I know stamp collectors are going to love them.

But don't look forward to R2D2 boxes being placed in every street corner because, according to TheForce.Net, each postal district is only getting four of them, and placing them in high traffic locations for obvious security reasons. There's going to be a lot of temptation out there, so I won't be dropping my mail in a droid box; although I'm sure Star Wars fans are aware that stealing a mailbox would land them in some serious trouble with the law. I'd love to find out what other security measures they'll be taking. Do you think the USPS will be embedding R2D2 boxes with tracking chips or placing cameras in those high traffic locations? Somehow I doubt that since government agencies tend to be a wee bit behind the times. What do you think?
Make them serious nudes!

I fear no evil because I walk with evil.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: USPS Celebrates Star Wars Anniversary, Droid Style

Post by Dr. No »

Harvey Wallbanger wrote:8) USPS Celebrates Star Wars Anniversary, Droid Style 8)

Star Wars will be celebrating its 30th anniversary this summer (May 24-May 28 ), and rumor has it the United States Postal Service (USPS) is revamping 300 of its old-school blue boxes by dressing them up in R2D2 graphics. While nothing is official yet, it's hard to argue with these pictures of R2D2 mailboxes in formations awaiting their marching orders.

A mysterious URL uspsjedimaster.com is emblazoned next to the USPS logo on every side of the box, too. Could this be the future home of a USPS/Star Wars gift shop? I'd say so since rumors also hint at the release of a special Star Wars stamp to be unveiled in Los Angeles later this month. I know stamp collectors are going to love them.

But don't look forward to R2D2 boxes being placed in every street corner because, according to TheForce.Net, each postal district is only getting four of them, and placing them in high traffic locations for obvious security reasons. There's going to be a lot of temptation out there, so I won't be dropping my mail in a droid box; although I'm sure Star Wars fans are aware that stealing a mailbox would land them in some serious trouble with the law. I'd love to find out what other security measures they'll be taking. Do you think the USPS will be embedding R2D2 boxes with tracking chips or placing cameras in those high traffic locations? Somehow I doubt that since government agencies tend to be a wee bit behind the times. What do you think?
Check out the new stamps! 8)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

You've gotta love the USPS with stamps like that don't ya?
Well not always. :P
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Captain Nash wrote:You've gotta love the USPS with stamps like that don't ya?
the USPS gave us news stamps in the (new) hope we won't realize they jacked the rates up again.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Dr. No wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:You've gotta love the USPS with stamps like that don't ya?
the USPS gave us news stamps in the (new) hope we won't realize they jacked the rates up again.
No it's not just a new hope...they've used images from other Star Wars films too.
:wink: