The Christmas thread

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
katied

The Christmas thread

Post by katied »

It's almost here!

I'm curious about a few things(because I'm nosey):

Has everyone finished their shopping(or are you shop on Christmas Eve people? :lol: ) I'm done..but I have the added challenge of shopping for someone(my younger niece, who will be 4) whose birthday is December 20th.

Do you open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?We're Christmas Day people at my house.

Are there any special foods that you eat on Christmas or before? The last few years,it's been tamales for us,the night before.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Re: The Christmas thread

Post by CaptainLewis »

I try to get all the shopping before Christmas Eve.

We used to open one present on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day.

Food varies one year it is turkey and other years it is roast pork.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Done shipping. Months ago. But Mrs No did go out for a few sales after thanksgiving (cough, xbox, cough).
I think I've become a hermit :shock:, I prefer ordering online instead of goign to the stores. :lol:

We do teh stockings on Christmas eve adn presents on the day. Once and while we open 1 present each on teh eve.

Olives and Thin mints are the festive favorites. Almost always turkey for the meal. 1 year I smoked it on the grill, came out great!

poor girl, December 20th. Thats goign to eb a tough one. either she will great great presents overdoing it for chistmas and birthday or Birthday gifts will suffer becasue of teh Christmas gifts.
when do you have to explain that the tree adn lights are not for her birthday ;)
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Stockings are a huge deal at our house..there have been years when my stocking is almost overflowing 'cause it's so full.And my mom always puts a tangerine in the bottom of my stocking.

This year my aunt and uncle are sending us a ham which will be delicious and welcome(we're going to have a lot of people here this year)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

I normally spend Christmas with my feet up on an old pouffe.

Every Xmas I try to get the shopping done early - but still end up having to do more shopping on Christmas Eve!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:I normally spend Christmas with my feet up on an old pouffe.
Must...resist! :twisted:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

My niece's birthday was today..it was at one of those indoor jungle gym things with ball pits and slides and whatnot-and yes, grownups were allowed on it and I took advantage of that fact.They didn't have anything like it when I had my 4th birthday!
katied

Post by katied »

Bumping this up...

Just spent a little over an hour wrapping gifts..it actually wasn't too bad-Scotch Tape makes a wrapping paper cutter which works WAY better than scissors and wastes less paper.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'm getting the old pouffe out again in readiness for Christmas which will involve watching too much telly and eating as much as possible.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

carl stromberg wrote:I'm getting the old pouffe out again in readiness for Christmas which will involve watching too much telly and eating as much as possible.

On the watching too much TV thing-I am going to have lots to watch on Christmas as I set my parents' TiVo to record tons of stuff(which takes me ages to get around to watching,somehow!)
katied

Post by katied »

We've had a bit of good luck=my aunt and uncle sent a roast which is ready to go.I'm making a side dish, my cousin is making a side dish so we have dinner covered.And my mom is making pie. :up:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everybody!

We are having a family get together tomorrow night, big meal with all the trimmings and a small meal Christmas Day with just us and the kids
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

We're having a Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow, breakfast Christmas morning(usually oatmeal, banana bread, fresh fruit, coffee, etc.) and then Christmas dinner. And I might try to talk the fam into seeing Sherlock Holmes Christmas night. :up: