Site Admin

The Spy Who Loved Me

Post by Goldeneye »

The Spy Who Loved Me 1990

Publisher: Domark
Developer: Domark
Platforms: Amiga, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me

Post by The Saint 007 »

The Spy Who Loved Me is not only my favourite of the Roger Moore Bonds, it's also one of my favourites in the series. Nightfire had an underwater level where you drive a submarine car, and the Atlantis multiplayer stage, and whenever I played them, I couldn't help but think how cool it would be to have a game based on the The Spy Who Loved Me. Of course, I wouldn't want it to be made by Activision. :wink:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Never really cared for Moore's era, far too much naff jokiness and often at the expense of decent stunts. AVTAK is horrid, by far my least favourite Bond film and prehaps the only Bond film I flat out dislike. Though I am growing partial to FYEO, a decent, if uneven attempt to try and make a Moore era spy thriller.

As for the TSWLM game, I have this game on the Amstrad. Though I could never get past the first driving level. It was like driving a JCB on black ice.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Never really cared for Moore's era, far too much naff jokiness and often at the expense of decent stunts.
That was my opinion until quite recently, but the self-importance of the Craig era has made me think that naff jokiness doesn't seem so bad after all.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

To each their own, but Roger Moore and Sean Connery have always been my favourite Bonds. I do like Brosnan, Dalton, and Lazenby as well. I'll admit that I wasn't too fond of the Dalton Bonds when I was younger, but started to appreciate them more later on, and it was the same with On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Craig, on the other hand, doesn't appeal to me at all, and I don't think he ever will. I've tried, but I just can't get into his Bond films. I even gave Quantum Of Solace another chance recently, and despite watching the film in a quiet atmosphere with no interruptions, I still couldn't get into it. For me, it's the worst Bond film, because I find no enjoyment in it whatsoever.

If the producers want to make the Bond films a little more down-to-earth, then that's fine. But I wish they would do it in a way that doesn't remove all the elements/qualities that made the series so special.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The difference between Moore and Craig for me, is that though i'm not a fan of them both as Bond, I can appreciate that Moore did take the series off into a fresh direction.