Site Admin

007: Licence to Kill

Post by Goldeneye »

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
007: Licence to Kill

Developer(s) Quixel
Publisher(s) Domark
Designer(s) John Kavanagh
Platform(s) DOS (Original), Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MSX, ZX Spectrum
Release date Flag of the United States April 20, 1989
Genre(s) Top-down shooter
Mode(s) Single player
Media 3½-inch Floppy
System requirements PC: 386, MS-DOS or PC-DOS 2.0 or Higher
Input methods Keyboard

007: Licence to Kill is a 1989 video game based on the James Bond film of the same name, developed by Quixel and published by Domark in 1989. It was originally released for DOS and then ported to the Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MSX and ZX Spectrum.

The game's storyline closely follows that of the film, and consists of six scenes in which Bond chases Sanchez, who has murdered Felix Leiter's bride. The scenes within the game vary, and include helicopters, on foot, mid-air, underwater, water-skis and behind the wheels of a tanker truck.

NES version

The game was also developed for the NES by Tengen, but was unreleased as publishers Domark felt that too long had passed since the film's release.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: 007: Licence to Kill

Post by The Saint 007 »

I watched a playthrough of the Amiga version of this game on YouTube, and the top-down shooter style reminds me of some of the Game Boy Bond games. It also seems a bit random/difficult at points too, but the music is pretty cool.