Site Admin

The Living Daylights

Post by Goldeneye »

The Living Daylights 1986
Publisher:Domark
Developer: Sculptured Software
Platforms: Commodore 64, Atari 800, MSX, ZX Spectrum
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: The Living Daylights

Post by The Saint 007 »

The Living Daylights would also make for a pretty decent Bond game. An ice chase level where you drive the Aston Martin V8 Vantage would be cool. With some modifications, I think most of the classic Bond films could be adapted into games. It's just too bad that EON has this Daniel Craig is the only Bond attitude.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The Saint 007 wrote:It's just too bad that EON has this Daniel Craig is the only Bond attitude.
Yes, that's true. I'd also like to see Bond#17 turned into a game. In the same way that EON is practically a 5th Brosnan film, Bond #17 could be the 3rd Dalton film.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:It's just too bad that EON has this Daniel Craig is the only Bond attitude.
Yes, that's true. I'd also like to see Bond#17 turned into a game. In the same way that EON is practically a 5th Brosnan film, Bond #17 could be the 3rd Dalton film.

The thing is, game developers trying to remake GoldenEye would be just as nerve-racking as filmmakers trying to remake Gone With The Wind. The Nintendo 64 GoldenEye is considered to be one of the best shooter games ever made, so there's quite a lot to live up to when doing a remake. I personally think that GoldenEye is one of those games that should just be kept as it is. I'm surprised that Activision even had the nerve to attempt a remake of it.

But I wouldn't mind made-up Bond adventure games featuring Dalton or the other former Bond actors, as well as some of the classic Bond films being adapted into games. We got a Bond game with Sean Connery, and there would have been one with Roger Moore if EA didn't lose the rights to Activision. I know I've mentioned this before, but a friend of mine said that he read an article in a gaming magazine, where EON says that the reason why Brosnan's Bond wasn't even included as a playable multiplayer character, is because there's only one James Bond and he's currently being portrayed by Daniel Craig. So it seems that the chances of Bond games being made with any of the former actors is very unlikely.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

I didn't mean Bond #17 as GE, I meant Bond #17 as in the film that very nearly was Dalton's 3rd in 1991:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/movies/bond17.php3
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I didn't mean Bond #17 as GE, I meant Bond #17 as in the film that very nearly was Dalton's 3rd in 1991:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I've never heard about this. I always thought that GoldenEye was intended to be Dalton's third Bond outing.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

The Saint 007 wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I didn't mean Bond #17 as GE, I meant Bond #17 as in the film that very nearly was Dalton's 3rd in 1991:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I've never heard about this. I always thought that GoldenEye was intended to be Dalton's third Bond outing.
I think once EON got the legal mess sorted, GE was to be Daltons 3rd. The Bond#17 in the link I posted was the film that was being planned after LTK but before the legal ugliness happened.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Sounds almost like an earlier version of TND.