Katied

DCinB Forum Information and Other Related Discussions
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Katied

Post by The Sweeney »

I know many of you here are sick to death of her, from the various PM's I've recieved today.
She has now just PM'd me with this message -
You and Nash need to quit following me around the boards like, as you're fond of saying a couple of lost puppies.Not rising to your bait. I've already said I won't discuss this on the boards.I'm not getting banned because of the two of you.
I can't be bothered with her anymore, and I know many others here can't either. It's a shame if many decent members decide now to leave because of someone who contributes nothing to this forum, except endless trolling posts and spam.

This is now the katied.com forum. Good luck to her.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: Katied

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I think katie is what the mafia term as a "made man".
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I think katie is what the mafia term as a "made man".
When someone can slag off this website on MI6, praise Craig and CR to high heaven, then switch alliances and come on here to slag MI6 off, and suddenly decide to slag all things Craig off, then post endless crap throughout the day, every day, then openly slag off one of the moderators on here, and still manages to survive.....you do have to wonder.

She has the power!!!
Krod_Mandoon
New Recruit

Post by Krod_Mandoon »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I think katie is what the mafia term as a "made man".
She can't be banned even with moderators talking of walking off?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

The Sweeney wrote:I know many of you here are sick to death of her, from the various PM's I've recieved today.
You and Nash need to quit following me around the boards like, as you're fond of saying a couple of lost puppies.Not rising to your bait. I've already said I won't discuss this on the boards.I'm not getting banned because of the two of you.
I can't be bothered with her anymore, and I know many others here can't either. It's a shame if many decent members decide now to leave because of someone who contributes nothing to this forum, except endless trolling posts and spam.

She's a leech to any forum. She slags off Mi6, but is a frequent visitor.
She slags off the moderators here for doing a thankless job.
She has no respect for any of the other members save one or two.
And now after disrespecting him, carl is the one who looks like he's leaving?
Seriously, how f'ed up is that?
If carl walks I'll follow suit.
I never realised she really isn't that popular around here untill yesterday. Nice to see the support for carl, and the forums would be a dull place without him. Be a sad day when a troll outs a fine member and a mod.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

I agree Nash. If Carl walks, I'm leaving too.
She is the main reason Stocks left.

Soon there will only be Katied and BJ left on here, by the looks of things.....
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Do you and Krod's alter-ego really think so Sweeney? You both are blowing this way out of proportion.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Who is there that really posts here on a regular basis.
Stocks has gone.
Skywalker no longer posts.
Sweenster and myself are on less frequently.
OO7, Doctor No, Mazer and Capt. Dom seem to post less and less.
Yet the carpet sweeper is handy @ katied.com spams and trolls the forums, bashing mods who are only doing their job.
I'll await a confirmation that carl has gone.
You must be so ignorant of the fact that not one but several members are willing to leave over such an episode.
If I had done something like this, both you and katied would be pm'ing Goldeneye every five minutes trying to get me banned.
Poor shame bj, poor shame.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:Do you and Krod's alter-ego really think so Sweeney? You both are blowing this way out of proportion.
Krod's alter ego? Eh?

If you think that new member is me, posting under a different name, you've got me all wrong, and you do have a scew loose. I have far more important things to do than start posting under various members aliases. I thought you knew me better than that, BJ.

As for katied's attitude, if she was a pro-Craiger (she seceretly still is) displaying the attitude she shows towards others, you would have been harking and baying to have her banned from the forum. As it is, you will put up with her because she agrees with everything you say.

This site is not a pleasant place to visit any more. I'll be leaving, along with everyone else. In the end, it will be just you and Katied left on here.

Last one turn out the light please....
Last edited by The Sweeney on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

The Sweeney wrote:I know many of you here are sick to death of her, from the various PM's I've recieved today.

Funny how carpet sweeper @ katied.com has the largest post count of any of the forum members.
Yet, abused members of Mi6 for having similar high posts.
This is nothing more than trolling on her part.
I noticed earlier that after making posts in several areas of the forum, k8'd.com had followed me around the forum.
Pot, kettle...black.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I defended katied when she first joined the forum and other members were berating her for "flip flopping" when she changed her opinion on Daniel Craig. We sat by when she had a bitter and nasty arguments with others (other posters were really rather nasty to her too) in the name of "free speech". We forgave her somehow when she made a disgraceful remark about Nash's personal life which she refused to apologize for, and expressed the hope that another member would "get cancer". We tried to warn her when she kept goading Stocksilvian and Nash. Even when Mr Nash is taking a long break from the forum, katie posts "one man from MI6 won't like that" and other insults in small writing to goad him.

I'm annoyed at her post count. Of course members are welcome to do as many posts as they wish as long as they are not offensive, and other members (myself included) welcome many of her contributions. But to quote every single post and give a one line response is excessive; it's almost as if she is determined to shoehorn 40 posts a day in any way she can.

On most other forums she would have been banned years ago. This is a tolerant forum so she is given another chance each time she is in the wrong. This time she has driven one of the founders of the forum away and called him a "weirdo who the other members hate" on her "blog". Even now she has the chance to apologize and tone down her behaviour (how about an apology to Nash) and everyone would move on. But no. The insanity continues.

When Daniel Craig leaves the role of Bond. katie will be the only member left on the forum with 200,000 posts saying "one member on the MI6 forum won't like that".
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kaite has been a divisive figure since her arrived here, her various antics have gotten complainants from members across the spectrum, plenty of members including Sir Dom have stuck up for her continued presence. But it seem we may have gotten well past this being healthy for the forum, us or her. It may be we have been too liberal with some members who should have been banned permanently long ago, like Nash and Katied. Our motivation I think was for us to be a welcoming place for all points of view and we trusted too much on peoples better natures overriding the vitriol.

Right now Katied is banned until the 4th of February which likely will slid in to a permanent ban. If Kaited is ever allowed back it has to be under different circumstances, as I am writing this I can't foresee that happening.

I am sorry it ever got as far along as it has and now it has become so disruptive to the forum. I will update everyone here as events progress.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Goldeneye wrote:Kaite has been a divisive figure since her arrived here, her various antics have gotten complainants from members across the spectrum, plenty of members including Sir Dom have stuck up for her continued presence. But it seem we may have gotten well past this being healthy for the forum, us or her. It may be we have been too liberal with some members who should have been banned permanently long ago, like Nash and Katied. Our motivation I think was for us to be a welcoming place for all points of view and we trusted too much on peoples better natures overriding the vitriol.

Right now Katied is banned until the 4th of February which likely will slid in to a permanent ban. If Kaited is ever allowed back it has to be under different circumstances, as I am writing this I can't foresee that happening.

I am sorry it ever got as far along as it has and now it has become so disruptive to the forum. I will update everyone here as events progress.
Thanks for this update Goldeneye. This has encouraged me back to post on a forum I actually very much like, and respect (suprising, giving my opposing view on DC)..... :wink:

I am sorry that it had to come to this. I don't like bad-mouthing people in general, and I don't feel particularly proud that I could have contributed in some way for her removal, but I had reached a breaking point with her (as I know many others had too).

I hope now we can all move on, and try to get back to some kind of normality again on here. Bring on Bond 23, so we can all start the moaning, bitching, mud-slinging and defending once more..... :twisted: :cuss: :typing: :cheers:
Krod_Mandoon
New Recruit

Post by Krod_Mandoon »

I'm with Coco,
Carl "Conan" Stromberg
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

Just wanted to compliment Capt.Dom on his post. It's very nice of you to remember that Dom, it's appreciated.
And thanks to Goldeneye for the update.
You are tolerant here, and have given me many more life lines than I deserve. As with The Sweeney, I actually enjoy debating and discussing Bond with many of the members here. There are many many fantastic discussions that I've had.
I'd hate to see alot of good people leave, and by the looks of it, this has been avoided.
Cheers.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Keep her banned I say, she's not worthy of being in this forum.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Katied will be allowed back to the forum starting today (March 1st, 2010).

After talking with the moderators and with Katied we decided to give her a second chance. There were a few requirements as part of coming back, but I would like to treat this a fresh start for her and the forum. If the problems persist other solutions will be utilized. But I hope not.

Please lets leave the old arguments in the past and start fresh. If there are problems please let the moderators know. Right now we are trying this out and keeping a careful eye on how it goes.