New avatars

DCinB Forum Information and Other Related Discussions
katied

Re: New avatars

Post by katied »

I think you had to experience it to undersatnd why MJ mattered. Maybe only in the US. Good adn then then bad death spiral MJ had a tremendous impact on society in the 80s and early 90s.

At atime when racism was still very rampant and those feeling very strong his music broke down barriers. some of us asked for early MJ avatars to honor who he was before the spiral downward

I grew up listening to MJ's music and I can confirm that his music has very wide appeal. I think it's very cool , and much respect, to have a few MJ avatars available. :up:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

katied wrote:
I think you had to experience it to undersatnd why MJ mattered. Maybe only in the US. Good adn then then bad death spiral MJ had a tremendous impact on society in the 80s and early 90s.

At atime when racism was still very rampant and those feeling very strong his music broke down barriers. some of us asked for early MJ avatars to honor who he was before the spiral downward

I grew up listening to MJ's music and I can confirm that his music has very wide appeal. I think it's very cool , and much respect, to have a few MJ avatars available. :up:
I knew MJ through the Moonwalker VHS I owned for many years, and after watching it, I was hooked. I was only 5 years old back then, and whenever I hear any of his songs, I would get crazy about it.
katied

Post by katied »

I just downloaded Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough from iTunes not too long ago.Good stuff.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Isn't this http://www.danielcraigisnotbond.com/for ... f=6&t=1911 the place to discuss Michael Jackson?
Seems to be going off topic in this thread.
Just my opinion.
katied

Post by katied »

There's some good Bond related avatars here, but it's nice to have a choice of other pop-culture related stuff.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Any chance of getting a few Lewis Collins avies uploaded into the gallery?

And whilst we're at it, how about a couple of Henry Cavill

Maybe even a Jackman one for BJ...

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Here's a suggestion for shaken not stirred as his new avatar:

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I didn't notice this thread!