Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

DCINB forum 2 years old!

Post by carl stromberg »

It's now around two years since we set up our forum.

It's been a strange year. Many critics now agree with our views on the new direction. We have also had lots of feuding amogst some members.

I hope we can another year of pleasant discussion on the future of the franchise and why we are disenchanted with Daniel Craig in the role of James Bond.

:cheers: :cheers:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: DCINB forum 2 years old!

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:It's been a strange year. Many critics now agree with our views on the new direction.
I guess the saying is true - yesterday's heresy is today's orthodoxy.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

2 Years! Wow!
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Wait isn't the 11th the anniversary? It was to be, I joined the first day the forum was up
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

My second anniversary here is on the 20th. I had no idea I joined so soon after it formed.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Happy Birthday DCINB!
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

The resistance continues!

How did other posters find their way to this forum? I can't remember.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:The resistance continues!

I can't remember either. I think I just got tired of being told that I wan't a "real Bond fan" because I didn't worship the ground that Daniel Craig walked on and decided to come here to get away from that. Then all the pro-Craigers started flocking here to tell us all precisely that, so bang went that dream.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Two years today! :cheers:

FYI both Carl and No are correct: The DCinB forum was installed and data base created on the Feb 7th, with about twenty to thirty people helping finalize the set up with their imput. The forum went public the following Sunday, the 11th.

For me it has been a long two years ;) But worth while :mrgreen:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Kristatos wrote:

I can't remember either. I think I just got tired of being told that I wan't a "real Bond fan" because I didn't worship the ground that Daniel Craig walked on and decided to come here to get away from that. Then all the pro-Craigers started flocking here to tell us all precisely that, so bang went that dream.
So I'm guessing you were possibly Gravitys Silhouette or maybe AKB from another forum?
Not likely to reveal who you were in the past Kris I know that.
You're dream Kris, whatever sort of a nightmare it is...is still going. My god, can't be long now.
The old question of what happens to the site when we oneday (though not soon of course) we get Bond #7?
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Captain Nash wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

So I'm guessing you were possibly Gravitys Silhouette or maybe AKB from another forum?
Not likely to reveal who you were in the past Kris I know that.
You're dream Kris, whatever sort of a nightmare it is...is still going. My god, can't be long now.
The old question of what happens to the site when we oneday (though not soon of course) we get Bond #7?
I don't think Kris has ever been a member of the MI6 forum. He's too intelligent for that.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:I don't think Kris has ever been a member of the MI6 forum. He's too intelligent for that.
Nope. As I've said several times before, the only other Bond forum I post to is alt.fan.james-bond on Usenet, under my real name. People sometime ask me to participate in other forums, but I have enough difficulty keeping two forums straight in my head (as in "did I post that here or in the other place?") so I've no desire to confuse myself any further.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Gravity's Silhouette was the founder of the now defunct "007 Forever" website. The last time I read some of his posts on the CommanderBond forum he was praising Daniel Craig, so perhaps he has been won over.
Bring back Bond!
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Captain Nash wrote: The old question of what happens to the site when we oneday (though not soon of course) we get Bond #7?
DCINB should arrest all the Daniel Craig supporters and have a show trial. :evil:
katied

Post by katied »

DCINB should arrest all the Daniel Craig supporters and have a show trial. :evil:
Now now... the vast majority are nice people, even if they disagree with us(can't believe I just said that but disagreements aside, it's 98% the truth :mrgreen: )
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

katied wrote:
Now now... the vast majority are nice people, even if they disagree with us(can't believe I just said that but disagreements aside, it's 98% the truth :mrgreen: )
Technically, you are not one of "us" really as you liked Quantum of Solace! You are a maverick figure: so we will have to arrest you too. :evil: :evil: :spy:
katied

Post by katied »

"Liked" is a strong word; there was quite a lot of it that was not up to Bond standards.We'll see what Bond 23 brings :wink:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

katied wrote:"Liked" is a strong word; there was quite a lot of it that was not up to Bond standards.We'll see what Bond 23 brings :wink:
Why have you included it in your top four Bond movies then?
katied

Post by katied »

I liked it, but I see the flaws in it, for sure. You don't see me running to defend it every time someone disses it though, do you? :wink:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

katied wrote:I liked it, but I see the flaws in it, for sure. You don't see me running to defend it every time someone disses it though, do you? :wink:
So presumably you think the other 18 Bond movies are awful?
:)

I don't really understand your agenda on the forum. Most post because they do not like Craig as Bond or the new direction. Others wish to show their support for Craig. But you seem to have maverick opinions.