Bye Bye DCINB!

DCinB Forum Information and Other Related Discussions
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Bye Bye DCINB!

Post by stockslivevan »

Now, why am I leaving? Well before I get to that I like to say that from the very start, I have enjoyed discussing and debating on this forum. Probably one of the few favorites I've frequently visited! It's been a lot of fun here, at least when it was. Because of a certain someone who's been trolling and disrespecting everyone but is still given a free pass, I have been enjoying this site less and less. I try to ignore it but when you have it making posts everywhere every single time, it's frankly hard to avoid, especially when it keeps making false statements on members and dismisses opinions, something DCINB says they don't stand for yet they let this keep trolling away. I'm just tired of coming to this site every day without this troll flooding the forums with such dreck that with such intelligent minds on this site, I find it hard that this is considered acceptable. Anyway, I'm done. I no longer find it enjoyable to be here.

Before I leave this forum, I'd like to say that I had a great time discussing all things Bond and non-Bond with you people. Here is to the members who've been stand outs on this forum: Sweeney, Nash, Kris, Dr. No, Mazer, Carl, Arthur and Skywalker. You're all a great lot and hopefully I'll see many of you on other Bond forums for further discussions on all topics. Thank you, so long!

Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Re: Bye Bye DCINB!

Post by Captain Nash »

Well I'll be very sorry to see you go Stocks (along I'm sure with a great many others of this forum) :(
But I can also understand why you feel the need to leave.
Hopefully oneday you'll feel able to repost here. *Fingers crossed*, but untill then. See you over at Mi6. :wink:
All the best to ya Stocks.
:cheers:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote:Because of a certain someone who's been trolling and disrespecting everyone but is still given a free pass, I have been enjoying this site less and less. I try to ignore it but when you have it making posts everywhere every single time, it's frankly hard to avoid, especially when it keeps making false statements on members and dismisses opinions, something DCINB says they don't stand for yet they let this keep trolling away.
Sorry to see you go, Stocks. Have you tried adding the offending person to your foes list? That way, the forum software hides her posts so that you don't have to read them unless you want to (there is a "display this post" option just in case).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

stockslivevan wrote:Now, why am I leaving? Well before I get to that I like to say that from the very start, I have enjoyed discussing and debating on this forum. Probably one of the few favorites I've frequently visited! It's been a lot of fun here, at least when it was. Because of a certain someone who's been trolling and disrespecting everyone but is still given a free pass, I have been enjoying this site less and less. I try to ignore it but when you have it making posts everywhere every single time, it's frankly hard to avoid, especially when it keeps making false statements on members and dismisses opinions, something DCINB says they don't stand for yet they let this keep trolling away. I'm just tired of coming to this site every day without this troll flooding the forums with such dreck that with such intelligent minds on this site, I find it hard that this is considered acceptable. Anyway, I'm done. I no longer find it enjoyable to be here.

Before I leave this forum, I'd like to say that I had a great time discussing all things Bond and non-Bond with you people. Here is to the members who've been stand outs on this forum: Sweeney, Nash, Kris, Dr. No, Mazer, Carl, Arthur and Skywalker. You're all a great lot and hopefully I'll see many of you on other Bond forums for further discussions on all topics. Thank you, so long!

I guess I did not make your favorites list. :roll:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

stockslivevan wrote:Now, why am I leaving? Well before I get to that I like to say that from the very start, I have enjoyed discussing and debating on this forum. Probably one of the few favorites I've frequently visited! It's been a lot of fun here, at least when it was. Because of a certain someone who's been trolling and disrespecting everyone but is still given a free pass, I have been enjoying this site less and less. I try to ignore it but when you have it making posts everywhere every single time, it's frankly hard to avoid, especially when it keeps making false statements on members and dismisses opinions, something DCINB says they don't stand for yet they let this keep trolling away. I'm just tired of coming to this site every day without this troll flooding the forums with such dreck that with such intelligent minds on this site, I find it hard that this is considered acceptable. Anyway, I'm done. I no longer find it enjoyable to be here.

Stockers, I really hope you reconsider because you've made a big contribution to the forum and are one of the original gang. :cheers:
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I'll miss talking with you. Who will keep me up to date on SmallVille now :cry: :wink:

Take care my friend. hope you come around again for what ever the reason.
:007:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

:shock: You'd leave over the welterweight jabs from Katied annoyed by her "trolling" when you trolled yourself.

Surprising as many of DCINB liked you and say they will miss you.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

oscartheman wrote::shock: You'd leave over the welterweight jabs from Katied annoyed by her "trolling" when you trolled yourself.

I don't think Stocksilvian has really trolled.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

oscartheman wrote::shock: You'd leave over the welterweight jabs from Katied annoyed by her "trolling" when you trolled yourself
I don't care if this gets me banned,but that is the truth.And I don't deny that I've crossed a line but I'm not the only one who does so. It's called accountability,y'all :|

And it's obvious the pro-Craigs are not happy about all of the bad reviews but some of them are taking it better than others.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

carl stromberg wrote:
oscartheman wrote::shock: You'd leave over the welterweight jabs from Katied annoyed by her "trolling" when you trolled yourself.

I don't think Stocksilvian has really trolled.
I am somewhat taken aback to get an honorable mention from Stocks.

Since I said it before and might as well say it now. Stocks trolled. Wait! Let me qualify that so I don't paint myself as more of a dick than necessary. I have an abrasive nature and try to be honest when commenting on something. That probably rubs some of you the wrong way, to the credit of the site you all have put up with it as you all have put up with people coming here trying to belittle the stated position of the site.

Go through and look at Stocks considerable contributions you will find some obvious if not trolling than extremely antagonistic posting. But also looking at that same post history you will find him being considerate and thoughtful. There I said it! The bitter taste is still on my tongue.
Once we got past the bluster and positioning (which I freely admit I can be guilty of too) often the first response and got down to the metal of it good discussion were to be had.

I admit I am disappointed by Stocks advocating this position here just as things were becoming more interesting with the impending second outing of Craig. Despite his extremely dismissive cometary on the forum here I and I think most of you knew in his heart he enjoyed being here.
I'll miss good ol' monty Python, at the same time I know the discussion will continue and I know that his response was the incorrect one. Maybe the moderators should demand more of us, make us act like the adults we are and put away the childish school yard attitudes. However if we can't be childish from time to time why bother? ;)
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

I actually agree with Mazer on this one..to a certain degree. Yes,Stocks *did* have a lot to contribute.But he also posted a LOT of what I would call trolling/flame bait.

We're ALL guilty of posting stuff we shouldn't(even if we don't want to admit it!).
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I hope you come back; and at the very least post your review.

Katie is constantly trying to get a reaction from the Daniel Craig fans on the forum.

Saying "the pro-Craigs can't take the bad reviews" non-stop is a bit tedious. They have acknowledged the bad reviews, and attempted to deconstruct them a little, discussing them in an intellegent manner.
katied

Post by katied »

^Sweetie,that's been more Sweeney's thing than the rest.

Several people have have posted less than glowing reviews over at MI6.There *is* hope. :?
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

EA gave a honest critique.

I won't give him any guff for that. Sween is euphoric and in Bourne heaven.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

Yeah, I liked reading Sweeney's review,and I don't mind the positive reviews(really!)
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I hope you come back; and at the very least post your review.

Katie is constantly trying to get a reaction from the Daniel Craig fans on the forum.

Saying "the pro-Craigs can't take the bad reviews" non-stop is a bit tedious. They have acknowledged the bad reviews, and attempted to deconstruct them a little, discussing them in an intellegent manner.
Well it seems that many of you know where the problem lies.
I'm no saint, far from it, but the forum was alot better before she arrived.
And unlike the problem at hand, I'm not sorry or afraid to say that.
So sad that in order to get back at Mi6 she has to ruin this forum. This is a great place to discuss Bond...correction. Was a great place. I can fully understand why Stocks bailed.
katied

Post by katied »

I'm not afraid to express my opinion.I can go overboard.That is true. That is true of quite a few people here not just myself :? The anti-Craigs are a easy scapegoat for the pro-Craigs because-oh my goodness!-they're not drinking the Kool-Aid like everyone else :?

Oh and by the way, mods:

Nash's sig is totally offensive and needs to go.Yesterday. :?
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Shame your leaving the site Stocks, although good to see you on Alternative007.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
katied

Post by katied »

I strongly suspect Stocks is still lurking.Funny that. :?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

So stocks has joined alt.OO7 has he. 8)
Might have to have a look over there to see how he's getting on.

As for him lurking is that a problem? Is he not allowed to visit the site?
Why would you have to write your comments so small, as if that makes any difference. The forum was a much better place untill you arrived katied. I'm tempted to follow in Stocks footsteps. This site is not what it once was. Funny how one member can ruin it. :cuss: