DCINB Forum Disputes Thread

DCinB Forum Information and Other Related Discussions
retrokitty
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, DN, FRWL, TB, CR
Favorite Movies: Withnail & I, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Re: DCINB Forum Disputes Thread

Post by retrokitty »

My point is... so what? What influence does one person have. Who is it? How does it affect the overall success or failure of the movies or Dan Craig?

The majority of regular posters at MI6 are not EON employees, although I'm sure some would love to be.
katied

Post by katied »

Backpedaling:The tool used when you know you're out of logical arguments :roll:

Sorry,but it's true.
retrokitty
Lieutenant

Post by retrokitty »

What are you talking about? What backpedalling? Really... take your time and compose your thoughts and posts so that they contain more than a clause here and there.

I would like to know what the big deal is.
katied

Post by katied »

This is a board called Daniel Craig is not Bond and yet *'we're* the bad guys and have done everything wrong? :wink:

That makes the attacks we have gotten from elsewhere and the false accusations that were made against BJ and I, even if they were fake, OK? No.

Defend that. :?
retrokitty
Lieutenant

Post by retrokitty »

I asked you directly how I was backpedalling and you completely avoided answering that question.

No one said you were the bad guys. Though your attitude is less than positive and are you manners and grace. That being said, this forum is full of diversity and I like that.

The thing about you and bj was a joke. It was clear it was a joke. So, obviously not to everyone. So, it was a bad joke. What does that have to do with the stuff that went before it, the stuff about people being paid to post at MI6 and so on?

I am not defending anything. Just pointing out that what you think is funny, cursing and badmouthing others, I do not. But what I think tickles, a little taste of your own medicine, you do not.

Now, explain how I've backpedalled. And how I think "you guys" whoever that is, are the bad guys. Do not ever try to put words in my mouth. You will look foolish.
katied

Post by katied »

LOL that is the most hilarious thing I have ever read.People coming over here to defend what Nash did and to claim it was a joke. To reiterate:

IT WASN'T FUNNY

....To say nothing of untrue,*and* libelous, even if he had been able actually find some sort of half truth.

People over at the other place have criticized us(opinions are fine...but a LOT of what was posted over there was third and fourth hand info, twisted to fit the standards there and the attacks on us(especially the one from Sylvia Trench/B. Brown) were heinous.)

There seems to be a small minority(like one or two people :?) here that think it's defensible. The rest see it for what it is.
Dcbn
Lieutenant

Post by Dcbn »

carl stromberg wrote:
Retrokitty
Now, be a good girl and go brag about it on your blog
Are you trying to get a rise out of katie so she responds? What a fascinating thread. :cuss:
Well as you can see it doesn't take much to get a rise out of her... :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

Daniel Craig is Not Bond isn't about manners and grace.People here get uncivil from time to time :wink:

This isn't the happy smiling board full of puppies and kitties[/sarcasm].Not even close. :twisted:
Dcbn
Lieutenant

Post by Dcbn »

katied wrote:Daniel Craig is Not Bond isn't about manners and grace.People here get uncivil from time to time

This isn't the happy smiling board full of puppies and kitties[/sarcasm].Not even close. :twisted:
Well if I'd wanted that I'd go to MI6... :twisted:
katied

Post by katied »

This is not that place. Certain people's freakouts on another thread were(almost) bannable. To have a fit over an innocuous comment is insane.

Unlike that other place,opinions are encouraged here :?
Dcbn
Lieutenant

Post by Dcbn »

katied wrote:Unlike that other place,opinions are encouraged here :?
Depends on the opinion... :?

I believe that MI6 is a great forum. I never asked anyone to agree with me but I've seen a lot of sh** go down regarding that topic.
katied

Post by katied »

This place is fine if you're not looking to start trouble because people have different opinions than you do.Coming over here and complaining because you're not in lock step with other Bond fans is bad form.There's a difference between expressing an opinion and being a troll and I think because of the situation here it's more trolling.

That other place readily admits that it's not a democracy which is not OK in my book.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

retrokitty wrote:I asked you directly how I was backpedalling and you completely avoided answering that question.

No one said you were the bad guys. Though your attitude is less than positive and are you manners and grace. That being said, this forum is full of diversity and I like that.

The thing about you and bj was a joke. It was clear it was a joke. So, obviously not to everyone. So, it was a bad joke. What does that have to do with the stuff that went before it, the stuff about people being paid to post at MI6 and so on?

I am not defending anything. Just pointing out that what you think is funny, cursing and badmouthing others, I do not. But what I think tickles, a little taste of your own medicine, you do not.

Now, explain how I've backpedalled. And how I think "you guys" whoever that is, are the bad guys. Do not ever try to put words in my mouth. You will look foolish.
Retro, tell me something, on MI6's forum, does WADE exhibit a "positive attitude with manners and grace" to contrary thoughts in a forum full of diversity? Be honest in your response after you have read some of his statements. Is that done here in your opinion?
Trust Me
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball!

Post by Trust Me »

maybe it's wrong for me to post in here seeing as I'm new, but I'd be of the opinion that you'd be better off not comparing yourself to them all the time.
can be found blogging at http://www.trusttommy.com.

Twitters at http://www.twitter.com/TrustTommy
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote: To reiterate:

IT WASN'T FUNNY
Not it was funny. At least it made me laugh. :lol:
....To say nothing of untrue,*and* libelous, even if he had been able actually find some sort of half truth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh no katied is coming. Argggghhhhh.
Once again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People over at the other place have criticized us(opinions are fine...but a LOT of what was posted over there was third and fourth hand info, twisted to fit the standards there and the attacks on us(especially the one from Sylvia Trench/B. Brown) were heinous.)

Us. ? You used to slag this place off more than anyone. Us. :roll: Please.
There seems to be a small minority(like one or two people :?) here that think it's defensible. The rest see it for what it is.
From what I can gather, bj is the only person around here that actually defends you.You're a wannbe, that couldn't be. A one trick horse. A one trick pony is at least useful.
retrokitty
Lieutenant

Post by retrokitty »

bj, What I was saying to katied is that I don't consider her to represent the whole of this forum. Her attitude is not the attitude of the forum, though it is tolerated.

As for Wade, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Wade is certainly a guy who has strong beliefs, and is, at times, pessimistic. He can also be quite cutting. But he adds a lot to the forum too. And though his delivery is not always diplomatice, graceful or uplifting, it's rare, if ever, that his motive is to start a fight or drive a wedge through a group of people.

I quite like him even though there have been many times that we have disagreed - and I mean really disagreed. We are at opposite ends of the political spectrum and yet we've never called each other names about it.

I don't know if that answers your question. If it doesn't, by all means, clarify and I'll be more specific.

I suspect that katied interprets the tolerance for her behavior as condoning it. And from what I see from the other members of this forum, and their behavior, no one condones it or likes it. It just is. I guess I just wish that she would stop acting as though she represents this forum. I know you and her are friends, or friendly. But I look at you as a separate person and don't generalize because of your association. I just wish others would do the same.

I post almost every day on MI6... and yet I don't think I represent the forum. That forum is very diverse... from religion to politics to Bond, there is something for everyone. And everyone is welcome to share their opinions. But most treat it like being in someone's living room, with a bit of respect. Yep, there are times when stuff explodes... and like at somone's house at the end of the night, people are asked to leave and not come back after wrecking the joint. But for the most part left and right, blue and red, need each other and recognize that.
katied

Post by katied »

MI6 diverse? yes, if you like a narrow mind :?

Respect?I have seen plenty of people there attack each other because of opposing opinions.That is a load of crap. You don't follow the mindset there? There's the door.

Absolutely there are people at MI6 that act like *they* speak for the boards, and they are people who have been there for a while,therefore that gives them the right to do so. Is that harsh?probably. I'm not surprised people from there come over here and try to defend what goes on there.

*However*, coming on here and having a hissy fit because someone doesn't like Daniel Craig's movies(Bond and otherwise)the way you do is ridiculous. :?
retrokitty
Lieutenant

Post by retrokitty »

katied wrote: *However*, coming on here and having a hissy fit because someone doesn't like Daniel Craig's movies(Bond and otherwise)the way you do is ridiculous. :?
*Using Wayne Campbell's voice for a moment* Are you mental?

When have said anything, let along had a hissy fit, because someone doesn't like Craig, as Bond or otherwise, here or anywhere?

I have maintained from the beginning that I do like Craig, think he's a fine actor and enjoy him as Bond. But I also see how and why others do not.

Don't you have anything better to do than make up lies? Oh, right, you don't.

Should I report you for lying about my opinion? Nah, I think we all know how delusional you are.
katied

Post by katied »

Nash was the one who had the fit :? I posted that I wasn't going to see Defiance because of the bad reviews and he fires back with a Faschististic post which was uncalled for and(I hope) got him a warning :?

Again:

This place is called Daniel Craig is not Bond. Other opinions are welcome, but if you're going to pull crap like Nash did,then you deserve the warnings/banning .
retrokitty
Lieutenant

Post by retrokitty »

katied wrote:Nash was the one who had the fit :?
Back pedalling? You were addressing me when you posted that.

See my previous post. Acceptance is the first step in recovery, katied.