Post by Sylvia Trench »

WE NEED A SYLVIA TRENCH AVATAR IN THE GALLERY!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Sylvia Trench wrote:WE NEED A SYLVIA TRENCH AVATAR IN THE GALLERY!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I think we need a special muppet avatar for you. :twisted:
katied

Re: Suggestions

Post by katied »

People should refrain from using shouting in their signatures.There's no need for it :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:People should refrain from using shouting in their signatures.There's no need for it :?
There's no exclamation point, so how is it shouting? :wink:
katied

Post by katied »

Typing in all caps is shouting(and annoying and unneccesary)...exclamation points or not :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:Typing in all caps is shouting(and annoying and unneccesary)...exclamation points or not :?
It's actually a direct quote from the front page, bold in caps and all, I'm just trying to keep it 100% accurate. :) But if it helps, I reduced the size of the Dalton/Dangerous tagline to compensate. :wink:

Still I frankly don't see what the problem is. My banner is bigger than that sentence so surely it should be more bothersome? Quite an odd quibble.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

I think GoldenEye should change his title from admin to Supreme Leader.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I think GoldenEye should change his title from admin to Supreme Leader.
Supreme Leader, sounds important. Would I need a cape?

Leader... That would make change. Most days I feel like this ----------------------------->

[video][/video]
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

How about Emperor, as in the Emperor Ming!
Bring back Bond!
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

GoldenEye
Supreme Leader, sounds important. Would I need a cape?
I thought you could use the same title as the leader of Iran who is the Supreme Leader. :lol: It's another one of my rather weak jokes. :cheers: :cheers:
katied

Post by katied »

Going to repeat my comment about shouting/all caps, since at least one person here uses it to make a point.. when in truth,it's just annoying. :?

Edited to add: Posts with nothing *but* allcaps.
Last edited by katied on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:Going to repeat my comment about shouting/all caps, since at least one person here uses it to make a point.. when in truth,it's just annoying. :?
Yet in the bjmdds discussion thread we get.
Doesn't surprise me.There are a LOT of women who're turned off by a guy who looks like Ned Flanders!
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :roll:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Another suggestion.
Ban anyone who adds nothing to a debate, refuses to be drawn into a debate that challenges her opinion, but instead continues posting random, one sentence crap that irritates the hell out of everyone else here

(and you all know who I am referring too....our resident troll). :wink:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

The Sweeney wrote:Another suggestion.
Ban anyone who adds nothing to a debate, refuses to be drawn into a debate that challenges her opinion, but instead continues posting random, one sentence crap that irritates the hell out of everyone else here

I think the clue is in the her part of your post.
Though to say it irritates you is un-wise Sweenster. Makes her think she has got to you. She'll play on that. Better just to report any posts to the mods / admin.
But I do agree with you on your suggestion mind you.
Even though we're not all on the same page, there are times when decent debates and discussions have been made. Only to have a troll ruin it with one word, repeating themselves constantly type posts.
A week or more in the slammer would be one way to stop that. I should know, I've done porridge. :wink:
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Captain Nash wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:Another suggestion.

I think the clue is in the her part of your post.
Though to say it irritates you is un-wise Sweenster. Makes her think she has got to you. She'll play on that. Better just to report any posts to the mods / admin.
But I do agree with you on your suggestion mind you.
Even though we're not all on the same page, there are times when decent debates and discussions have been made. Only to have a troll ruin it with one word, repeating themselves constantly type posts.
A week or more in the slammer would be one way to stop that. I should know, I've done porridge. :wink:
Did you do porridge on here?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

I've served my time. Yep I was / am a bad boy.
And though my past is well known, I feel civil discussion is far better than being a jerk.
Thankfully the powers that be, gave me a fair go, and I thank them for the opportuninty. As I have oft said, we may not agree all the time, but we can at times have some worthwhile and good debates.
Whether from the pro or anti- Craig camps.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:Going to repeat my comment about shouting/all caps, since at least one person here uses it to make a point.. when in truth,it's just annoying. :?

Edited to add: Posts with nothing *but* allcaps.
And you don't think you are annoying?
Actually, it wasn't `all caps' at all. It was actually in lower case, only made bold and larger font size used..... :wink:
katied

Post by katied »

Since my post about this got zapped:

Please treat everyone equally and do not ignore people bullying and personal insults
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I have one.

Replace the ugly forum photo on the top. To have Connery pushed in the far back is a CRIME. Connery should be front and center. And the image is reversed too, look at their hair, they're parted on the opposite sides!

Actually, I have another: Give members the option to upload their own avatars like many other sites do.
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

stockslivevan wrote:I have one.

Replace the ugly forum photo on the top. To have Connery pushed in the far back is a CRIME. Connery should be front and center. And the image is reversed too, look at their hair, they're parted on the opposite sides!

Actually, I have another: Give members the option to upload their own avatars like many other sites do.
I would not advise reversing the picture as the writing will be backwards. :D