The LOST Discussion Thread.

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

The LOST Discussion Thread.

Post by stockslivevan »

**SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT WATCHED UP TO SEASON FOUR.**

Got any theories on what will happen? I think the island is really a space ship that crashed and got camouflaged into a typical looking island by the aliens, who are really the Others who from time to time recruit humans like Ben, Juliet and the rest we know that were originally from other continents. Do I think it's true? No. I'm just having fun before the writers throw us the real deal in season five. :) :P
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: The LOST Discussion Thread.

Post by Dr. No »

Isla de Muerta maybe, except where the dead come back.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

stockslivevan wrote:**SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT WATCHED UP TO SEASON FOUR.**

Got any theories on what will happen? I think the island is really a space ship that crashed and got camouflaged into a typical looking island by the aliens, who are really the Others who from time to time recruit humans like Ben, Juliet and the rest we know that were originally from other continents. Do I think it's true? No. I'm just having fun before the writers throw us the real deal in season five. :) :P
Lost is silmilar to Flight 714, the Tintin book!
Bring back Bond!
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I've been thinking about the deaths at the and of season 2 and 3, a lot of them don't make sense to me looking back on them.

The freighter blowing up wasn't much of threat until the people from the island got on the boat and only a bargaining chip to those who wanted to leave :?

maybe I should have spoilered this?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

sorry meant season 3&4
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I can't recall. I'm waiting for the Season Four DVD to review the whole thing before Season Five kicks off.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:I can't recall. I'm waiting for the Season Four DVD to review the whole thing before Season Five kicks off.
its the last 4 or5 shows of season 4
i'm thinking of.
they start the guys been wired and everybody is scared and nobody knows why till the last show.

But i was thinking of season 3 as well with charile and mr eko deaths don't make much sense to me, hugo does play chess with them in season 4 but beyond that Im not sure if there was a purpose
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Charlie's made sense, at least for me. His death was a big sub-plot in season three and I thought they built up well on it. I thought it was well executed. Eko's death was supposed to be much later but the actor wanted out and so the writers were forced to rush it hence why it as so sudden and unnatural.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I didn't know about eko, but Charlie's death seemed pointless at the last minute. Why couldn't he have shut the door on the outside where Desmond was?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

I can't recall why exactly he didn't do that. But even if he survived that it wouldn't have mattered, if you recall the whole sub-plot about Charlie being fated to die. Perhaps this is a matter interpretation. One reason he might have done it was to free Desmond from his guardian angel role. Can't remember if that was part of the actual reason but it's an interesting perspective. He did knock Desmond unconscious before swimming down knowing he'll die.

I actually have the third season on DVD, but at the moment I'm lazy. :P Maybe I'll catch something when I start my LOST DVD binge before the new season starts.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

We only rented the show. If we had on teh shelf here I don't think I would bother putting it in :)

Charlie was going to die, but I felt the way he dies was put together at the last moment. Liek a practice run where it was improvised. there was a build up all season to his death. It need to be unavoidable and a sacrifice. It was a sacrifice but it didn't feel unavoidable.

funny thing about lost is dead characters don't leave the show. sometime they get mroe facetime. It's only actors who are fired that don't show up again. A flashback can bring back characters killed in sesaon 1 back for a entire new season :D
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

The only actors I believe that were fired were the ones who played Nikki and Paulo, and I'm fine with that, those were HORRIBLE additions to the show. Added nothing at all. The only good episode with them was when they were killed off. :lol: "RAZZLE DAZZLE!"

I'm hearing more about Mr. Eko's leave. Apparently, the real story is that the writers Damon and Carlton said he was one of their favorite characters and they were super pissed he left and it still bothers them, that he was never really going to get killed off at all. They hired the one guy on the planet that hates Hawaii. What are the odds of that? They said a lot of the cast plans on staying there after the show is done, but from day one he wanted to get the hell back to London as soon as possible. Sounds like we won't be seeing Eko again.

Other than Eko, Nikki and Paulo, I think we can expect old cast members still making an appearance via flashback, Locke vision, ect. In fact, I think every former cast member made an appearance after they left. Even Ana Lucia will be appearing for one episode in season five.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080913/ap_ ... el_dae_kim
'Lost' star Kim pleads no contest to DUI charges

1 hour, 15 minutes ago

HONOLULU - "Lost" star Daniel Dae Kim has pleaded no contest to drunken driving charges and was ordered to pay a $500 fine, $212 in court fees and perform 72 hours of community service.

Kim, 40, who plays Jin-Soo Kwon on the ABC drama, was arrested Oct. 25 when a police officer spotted him driving erratically in Honolulu. His blood alcohol content was 0.168, more than double the state's legal limit.

District Judge William Cardwell scolded Kim, who wore a dark, gray suit and blue shirt in court.

"You need to understand that 0.168 is more that double the legal limit. It means you were seriously impaired," Cardwell said. "And it just cannot happen again. It's simply too dangerous."

"Believe me, sir, I do," Kim replied.

Deputy Prosecutor Lisa Demello requested the maximum $1,000 fine and noted the media attention and the public interest surrounding the case.

"Mr. Kim's stature makes him a role model in the community. Therefore, the consequences of his criminal behavior must be such that it will provoke him to consider his actions before re-offending or committing another criminal offense," she said.

Kim also had his driver's license revoked for six months and was subjected to a drug-and-alcohol assessment.

"I'm just grateful and relieved that this matter has been resolved," he said after the hearing. "It's been a pretty difficult time for my family and me. But I'm glad I had a chance to take responsibility for my mistake."

Kim was the third actor on the popular castaway drama to have been arrested for driving while intoxicated in Hawaii. The other two had their characters killed off on the show soon afterward.

The roles of Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were eliminated in 2005 after they pleaded guilty to drunken driving.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

So far on the LOST DUI list that's Sawyer, Ana-Lucia, Lizzie, Eko, and now Jin! :lol:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:So far on the LOST DUI list that's Sawyer, Ana-Lucia, Lizzie, Eko, and now Jin! :lol:
wasn't ti Ana-Lucia who said she would rather go to jail than to com unity service ? :lol:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

whens the new season start?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Dr. No wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:So far on the LOST DUI list that's Sawyer, Ana-Lucia, Lizzie, Eko, and now Jin! :lol:
wasn't ti Ana-Lucia who said she would rather go to jail than to com unity service ? :lol:
I think so. :lol:
Dr. No wrote:whens the new season start?
I'm guessing February 09, just like last season.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
I think so. :lol:
Dr. No wrote:whens the new season start?
I'm guessing February 09, just like last season.
i remember now. last year it was your birthday when it premiered (Jan 30th?)
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

31st. (forgot it premiered that day, I'm used to hiatuses ending in February :oops: )
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Where do you think it will go?

My guess is when the show finishes its run it will be caught up with modern times and the people who need ot get back to the island will be there. Hopefully it will tell why the lost island is so dead friendly :)

I was a little disappointed by the last show of teh season, I still not sure why so much hung on the boat explosion at the end of the season. I though it could have been worked out better.