The LOST Discussion Thread.

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: The LOST Discussion Thread.

Post by stockslivevan »

I have no clue what will happen next season. I was aware of what would happen in season four with Michael coming back, flashforwards replacing flashbacks (although that was occasionally used), and such.

What I do know is that the aussie girl Claire is not going to make an appearance this season. I'd like to know what happens to those who were on a lifeboat before the island disappeared.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:I have no clue what will happen next season. I was aware of what would happen in season four with Michael coming back, flashforwards replacing flashbacks (although that was occasionally used), and such.

What I do know is that the aussie girl Claire is not going to make an appearance this season. I'd like to know what happens to those who were on a lifeboat before the island disappeared.
Good questions.

There is a lto to fill in, looks like it will start with Locke dead, and Benjamin working with Jack to get back to the Island, where ever it is. Probably flash backs to the thing goign wrong on teh island
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Brace yourselves - this cobblers is coming back!!

I'll be downloading it off Bittorrent as it is not on free to air TV here in the UK.

The programme is nearing the end, with two 17 episode seasons left. I wonder if the end will be disappointing. I though the Sopranos ending was ok, although many disliked it. Hopefully the last ever episode of Lost will not be like The Prisioner.
Bring back Bond!
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I was a little disappointed with teh conclusion las tyear.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I am actually impressed with the opener! :D
They took the wold show and made it flashback. better yet they Quantum Leaped half the show.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Probably the weakest season opener IMO, but still good entry. Love Hurley attempting to attack Ben with a hot pocket and Ben just has a "wtf?" expression. :lol:

I should have bought Season Four on DVD to recap before I started this season, as I did with the others. I'm still following on what's going on, it's just after a half year break you'd think you need to prepare. :)
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I didn't like last season too muhc. I think the strike hurt it.

The opener at least got the ball rolling again. not as good as the last few openers. but it is better than the story they left it with.

Not too sure about the Quantum Island, leaping time to time, striving to put right what once went wrong. ;)
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Third episode rocked. Much better than the first two. Lots of revelations. :)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I thought Des looked a bit camp with those sunglasses and cap when he was searching for that old woman! So Charles "Jim Robinson" Widmore was on the island years ago!
Bring back Bond!
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Favorite bit is young Widmore's excuse for Locke not possibly following him to the camp

"he's just a sodding old man, you think he'd know this island better than me?"

*cut to Locke being a badass and watching the entire camp from a view*
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Yes Jughead was great. :D Lost is back! :D

Happy Birthday Stocks! :cheers:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Thanks No. And yes, Jughead is so far my favorite of this season. :)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Happy Birthday as well!

Stocksilvian, you were going on about robotic sharks in the McClory rights thread, which reminded me of the sharks with the Dharma logo in season 1 (or 2). Were those robot sharks?
Bring back Bond!
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

It's actually just a regular shark. The whole logo thing was apparently an injoke for the people on the F/X who didn't expect anyone to catch it because it's very hard to see in motion. Yet someone actually did caught it and all these theories came around but the producers later insisted that it doesn't really mean anything. However they did later add a Dharma station Hydra, which is in the sea with giant fish tanks that were used as cellars for Jack. So they might have decided to make the sharks cannon.

As for them being robots, I don't think there's anything to confirm that. It's probably just an experimented shark much like the experimented polar bears that went loose.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

stockslivevan wrote:It's actually just a regular shark. The whole logo thing was apparently an injoke for the people on the F/X who didn't expect anyone to catch it because it's very hard to see in motion. Yet someone actually did caught it and all these theories came around but the producers later insisted that it doesn't really mean anything. However they did later add a Dharma station Hydra, which is in the sea with giant fish tanks that were used as cellars for Jack. So they might have decided to make the sharks cannon.

As for them being robots, I don't think there's anything to confirm that. It's probably just an experimented shark much like the experimented polar bears that went loose.
Cheers! When Lost first started, I used to read the thread on Digitalspy. After the sharks appeared with the Dharma logo posters were saying "they are robot sharks"! So the McClory robot sharks mention reminded me of that.
Bring back Bond!
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

The only robot sharks you'll ever see is in this film.

http://www.worldsgreatestcritic.com/jaws4sidebar.html
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Looking forward to watching last nights Lost with Locke's story
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I going to watch the most recent lost tonight, but on the whole this new season is back on the money.

I was thinking about it and don't know if I could go back and rewatch season 1-3 or 4 again. There is that big a change in the direction. Well maybe not in the direction. it going more or less in teh same direction as it always had but I don't think I can rewatch the old shows with all teh flashbacks until the series ends.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Dr. No wrote:I going to watch the most recent lost tonight, but on the whole this new season is back on the money.

I was thinking about it and don't know if I could go back and rewatch season 1-3 or 4 again. There is that big a change in the direction. Well maybe not in the direction. it going more or less in teh same direction as it always had but I don't think I can rewatch the old shows with all teh flashbacks until the series ends.
The first few series were quite slow. Now they know they only have few episodes left, they are going crackers!
Bring back Bond!
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:
Dr. No wrote:I going to watch the most recent lost tonight, but on the whole this new season is back on the money.

The first few series were quite slow. Now they know they only have few episodes left, they are going crackers!
I don't think I can go back tot eh flash back mode of story telling. I like it where it is now. I really dpn't want to go over the back stoires again and would rather keep on the current story, like they do now. last seasons flash forward had me concerned but eventually ti evened out.

Last few weeks have been good!
Spoiler
Ben is dead!!! long live ben! :D