What TV programmes are watching at the moment?

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: What TV programmes are watching at the moment?

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring Back Star Wars.

English comedian Justin Lee Collins tries to reunite the cast of Star Wars for a party in London. He tries to track down and interview the main cast members in order to persuade them to attend.

Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker hate each other, apparently!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:Bring Back Star Wars.

English comedian Justin Lee Collins trys to reunite the cast of Star Wars for a party in London. He trys to track down and interview the main cast members in order to persuade them to attend.

And of course the Clone Wars animated series starts soon on the Cartoon Network. I will probably give it a look, even though the "movie" didn't get a very good reception. It may work better in the format in which it was intended to be shown (on TV, in 30-minute chunks).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:No, I didn't!I'm actually kinda new to the show *makes mental note to buy the DVD so she can get caught up*
all of the seasons are good.

I am disappointed with how they ended last season. They need a finally and they pulled one out of their ass IMHO. They changed a great character in such a way as to make what he did unbelievable. And they only did it because of the writers strike, originally they planned to use the character to go though some post traumatic stress for his time in IRaq.

I'm glad that girl got fired. She would have been unbearable to watch week after week.

reminds me I need to make a post about all of the Bond things in the season opener
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:Bring Back Star Wars.

English comedian Justin Lee Collins tries to reunite the cast of Star Wars for a party in London. He tries to track down and interview the main cast members in order to persuade them to attend.

good luck with that. :roll:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

I LOVED this week's Bones,especially the guest spot from
Spoiler
Cesar Milan
(I put that with a spoiler tag in case you haven't watched it yet)
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:I LOVED this week's Bones,especially the guest spot from
Spoiler
Cesar Milan
(I put that with a spoiler tag in case you haven't watched it yet)
we saw it, didn't get started on the first show because it was 2 hrs. 2hrs is serious commitment. :lol:

The dog whisperer was a good addition to the story, which ended so sadly for Ripley.
katied

Post by katied »

Bones was great tonight.

Especially the bits with
Spoiler
Zack breaking out of the loony bin
and the start with the kid
Spoiler
peeing in the water and it turning purple and him asking his girlfriend if he had been with any other men :P
katied

Post by katied »

None of the new shows are impressing me, save for Fringe. And Bones has been consistently awesome this season .
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Anyone else here watch Heroes?
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I watch Heroes but I haven't quite finished season 2. Was the first episode of the third series a return to form?
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:Bones was great tonight.

Especially the bits with
Spoiler
Zack breaking out of the loony bin
and the start with the kid
Spoiler
peeing in the water and it turning purple and him asking his girlfriend if he had been with any other men :P
Good times :)
Zack was a great character, the change to make him a bad guy was inexplicable. Eh was supposed to have a story line about him going to Iraq and the fall out emotional from his time there.

Thsi weeks show was good too.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:None of the new shows are impressing me, save for Fringe. And Bones has been consistently awesome this season .
I've seen the ads but what is Fringe?
I got teh gist that it aliens or mad science.
katied

Post by katied »

Re: Fringe Definitely mad science.I haven't really seen any aliens(yet...)

Yeah,this week's Bones kept me guessing until the very end.You thought you knew who did it but nope!
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:Re: Fringe Definitely mad science.I haven't really seen any aliens(yet...)

Yeah,this week's Bones kept me guessing until the very end.You thought you knew who did it but nope!
It was a good one :)

I may give Fringe a try unless it conflicts with another (more important) show :)

NCIS had a good show , this week or last, AGent afloat coudln't guess who the doer was before the very end. Normaly I guess the guilty guy before teh half hour is up.
katied

Post by katied »

I LOVE NCIS. I watched the first few episodes of House this season(it started before NCIS) but switched over to NCIS.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:I LOVE NCIS. I watched the first few episodes of House this season(it started before NCIS) but switched over to NCIS.
NCIS is a blast. it was very upsetting when the team was fired the end of last year. I though Gibbs was going to take down the new director to get his team back.
katied

Post by katied »

Ooh.I have my doubts about Vance.Something about him doesn't quite seem right to me but I'll be darned if I can put my finger on it.And from the spoilers I've read, Agent Lee will have a prominent plotline in a upcoming episode.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

katied wrote:Ooh.I have my doubts about Vance.Something about him doesn't quite seem right to me but I'll be darned if I can put my finger on it.And from the spoilers I've read, Agent Lee will have a prominent plotline in a upcoming episode.
Vance was a bad guy, or had the role of bad guy with director Jenny Shepherd. In this season Vance was quickly cleaned up, sporting Gibbs hair cut and is in sync with Gibbs walking and expressions.
Still not surea bout him.
But I was thinking about adn there are at least 3 clues Gibbs can pick up on to go after Agent lee before teh season is over.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote:I watch Heroes but I haven't quite finished season 2. Was the first episode of the third series a return to form?
I'm probably not the best person to answer that, since I only saw a few episodes of season 1, out of order. I never thought season 2 was that bad, to be honest.
katied

Post by katied »

Might not watch Fringe tonight.There's a Ghost Hunters episode on at 9 where they're going to be at the Oak Alley Plantation in Lousisiana(someplace I've been to!)so I want to see that.Then South Park is on after that.