What TV programmes are watching at the moment?

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: What TV programmes are watching at the moment?

Post by carl stromberg »

Terry and June. I like to guess what will happen when they are having the orange juice in the opening credits.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Legend of Korra season 3 just started!!
I just watched the UK premiere of season 2!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
you've got a hell of a journey ahead.
:)
I liked this season. Although I wonder if it conflicts with the spirit world as set up in the first avatar series.

If you're Familiar with the last air bender series I'd like to know what you think when you finish.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
I liked this season. Although I wonder if it conflicts with the spirit world as set up in the first avatar series.

If you're Familiar with the last air bender series I'd like to know what you think when you finish.
I never saw The Last Airbender, so I came to Korra with no preconceptions.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

I never saw The Last Airbender, so I came to Korra with no preconceptions.
Last air bender is incredible. If you enjoyed Korra's first season you should enjoy last air bender ( series not m nights butchered version) IMO the original series is even better than Korra's first.

Season 2 has a great story but I won't spoil it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I caught an episode of the old Wonder Woman show with Lynda Carter on an oldies channel the other day. I loved it as a kid, but watching it now, I couldn't help laughing at the level of cheese. It was hard to tell if it was meant to be funny, in the way that the Adam West Batman show was, or whether it was an accident.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Watching storage wars and Dave Hester returns. The man is repugnant last I remember he was suing A&E over wrongful termination making all kinds of accusations. I'd rather Barry come back than Hester.

Tuesday night Dave gets in the face of the female auctioneer, she kick him out of the auction, I wondered where Dan was and why he didn't kick the bum out do a search it turns out Dan had a double brain aneurysm back in June nearly dieing. This makes what Hester said even more unforgivable. We didn't watched the second show because we don't like Hester and hate the stress he causes on the show.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:I caught an episode of the old Wonder Woman show with Lynda Carter on an oldies channel the other day. I loved it as a kid, but watching it now, I couldn't help laughing at the level of cheese. It was hard to tell if it was meant to be funny, in the way that the Adam West Batman show was, or whether it was an accident.

I have not watched it in forever I remember it being very bad but better than the spiderman show. It was sad Lynda Carter very pretty but clumsy when she was spinning around transforming. Aimed at girls it I thought it was a 1970s feminist political tool, maybe a little anit-1970s Bond too.
Just sad young girls were supposed to like because they were girls and it was so bad. I never had the impression is was done in the Batman campy style In batman it was easy to tell it was done on purpose and honestly batgirl was a better feminist role model.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Strangely enough, I don't remember it even occurring to me that it was not aimed at me. At the time, I saw it as just another '70s adventure show. Of course, it helped that Lynda Carter was one of my earliest TV crushes, along with Lindsey Wagner, the Bionic Woman. I now follow both ladies on Twitter. Wagner hardly ever tweets, but Carter seems very nice.

Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:Strangely enough, I don't remember it even occurring to me that it was not aimed at me. At the time, I saw it as just another '70s adventure show. Of course, it helped that Lynda Carter was one of my earliest TV crushes, along with Lindsey Wagner, the Bionic Woman. I now follow both ladies on Twitter. Wagner hardly ever tweets, but Carter seems very nice.

The girls I knew were thought wonder woman is "our" hero, superman and spiderman were big so they kid of felt they had to cheer for her.

We were watching these show in re-runs weekday afternoons had no clue they were not new shows. New to us was good enough i guess. :)

BTW I love Lynda Carter and Lindsey Wagner as well. To of the classier 70s leading ladies IMO.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Dr. No wrote:Watching storage wars and Dave Hester returns. The man is repugnant last I remember he was suing A&E over wrongful termination making all kinds of accusations. I'd rather Barry come back than Hester.

Tuesday night Dave gets in the face of the female auctioneer, she kick him out of the auction, I wondered where Dan was and why he didn't kick the bum out do a search it turns out Dan had a double brain aneurysm back in June nearly dieing. This makes what Hester said even more unforgivable. We didn't watched the second show because we don't like Hester and hate the stress he causes on the show.
On one of the new episodes Laura, Dan's wife, said something about him being out of town and I wondered if that was actually a reference to his health issues. I miss him, but I like Laura.She is very no-nonsense, especially where Dave is concerned.

Do NOT get me started about Dave. I can't stand him. I kinda wonder if their ratings were going in the toilet, thus the reason for bringing him back? Nobody likes him. I'd much rather have Barry back(though I thought his spin-off show was a bit of a snoozefest.)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I initially wasn't too sure about Gotham, but I have to say, it's slowly growing into one of my favourite programmes (not that there's much competition on TV right now).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

:shock: didn't even consider it
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Storage Wars started up again.. they had an episode in my hometown- Oceanside, California! 8) 8)
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

I feel comfortable saying the Americans is the best new shoe of the last several years on American basic cable.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Anyone watching season 2 of Broadchurch? It doesn't do the case for James D'Arcy as Bond any favours - his role in this is about as un-Bondlike as it's possible to get. Then again, babbzy@aol.com would probably regard that as a point in his favour.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

D'Arcy played Ian Fleming in Age Of Heroes, he has the right look for Bond, which would rule him out from getting anywhere near the role.

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:D'Arcy played Ian Fleming in Age Of Heroes, he has the right look for Bond, which would rule him out from getting anywhere near the role.

D'Arcy is also in Marvel's Agent Carter, and I too agree that he has the right look for Bond. Based on this madness we're in right now, he's better off not to get mix with Babs.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

D'Arcy was in a short lived A&E(Arts and Entertainment) show called Those Who Kill(an adaptation of a Danish show-a lot of those right now!)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I've been watching MacGuyver which is still good fun.
Bring back Bond!