Steins;Gate

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Steins;Gate

Post by Blowfeld »

Discovered this gem not long ago, first Anime experience for me.

A friend lent me his copy of the shows because the American who voiced acted Okabe was a Doctor Who included a lot of Doctor Who references. I've been burned before by friend recommendations, (Looper), this show was at first hard to get in to however by the fifth show it was coming together and never looked back.When show 12 ended (a devastating ending I might add) I had to watch the next season immediately thankfully season two was there as well.

The show is about a wannabe Mad Scientist and his group for friends who are members of his lab (think club), slightly hard to describe what the show is about, the description on back of the DVD was dreadful I almost didn't watch it because it was so convoluted.

The long and the short of it is the inadvertently invent a time machine. Unusual for a TV show/ Movie/ anything made on the topic the science behind it is mostly sound.

As the Time Machine experiments progress, Okabe who had babbled madly about a conspiratorial "organization" being out to get him is target in real life by a European group (you know the ones with the Large Hadron Collider) who are after his research.
What made the show work is the characters all were so well done it was hard not to care about them, I honestly wish the revival of Doctor Who had been half as clever not to mention half as good as this Japanese Cartoon.

Anyhow just though I'd mention it, now I'll sit back patiently awaiting others to discover it. :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer