Best(and worst)series finales

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
katied

Best(and worst)series finales

Post by katied »

Best:House(their series finale aired last night.Amazing.)

Worst:Roseanne, St. Elsewhere
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Best(and worst)series finales

Post by carl stromberg »

I thought The Sopranos was ok although many did not like it. Lost was a bit disappointing. Ashes To Ashes/life on Mars was quite good.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

With the Sopranos finale, I remember my brother thought something had happened to the TV! :mrgreen:

The feeling a lot of Sopranos had about the finale was "frustrated".
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I gather the last two episodes of Desperate Housewives were shown as a 2-hour season finale in the States, so I hope I'm not cheating when I say that it was fitting that we in the UK got the penultimate episode, featuring Mrs McCluskey's finest hour, the same day that Kathryn Joosten, who played her, died. Sad, but a worthy tribute.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

They sure made a big deal about Desperate Housewives going off the air. Series(and season) finales have become a major event. Some of them are better than others.Grey's Anatomy is always advertised as having these SPECTACULAR(sorry for the allcaps) season finales but they're always half a##ed.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:They sure made a big deal about Desperate Housewives going off the air. Series(and season) finales have become a major event. Some of them are better than others.Grey's Anatomy is always advertised as having these SPECTACULAR(sorry for the allcaps) season finales but they're always half a##ed.
I think they should have stuck to the original plan and made season 7 the last. This one started out well, with the whole "burying the body" plotline, but kind of ran out of steam in the second half. Only now, in the final 2 episodes, has it picked up again.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig