Sherlock

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Sherlock

Post by carl stromberg »

Blowfeld wrote:
There was a CBS tv movie of the week like this and it failed even thou it had an intriguing idea of Sherlock freezing himself to see the new millennium and essential had a female 20th century doctor picking up the Watson role. I think it was called 1992 Baker Street. Set in San Francisco and on Baker Street house number 1992. Clever right? _.///

I watched this last year on UK tv channel Channel 5!
Bring back Bond!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

carl stromberg wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
There was a CBS tv movie of the week like this and it failed even thou it had an intriguing idea of Sherlock freezing himself to see the new millennium and essential had a female 20th century doctor picking up the Watson role. I think it was called 1992 Baker Street. Set in San Francisco and on Baker Street house number 1992. Clever right? _.///

1992 Baker Street is good fun.
It did have some clever points, I thought Sherlock was too novel in his adaptation to the new technology, I did like the Moriarty Bros. I think I accept the one off approaches better than the direct adaptations that get it wrong like the new Sherlock Holmes (and Bond) movies .
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Blowfeld wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:

1992 Baker Street is good fun.
It did have some clever points, I thought Sherlock was too novel in his adaptation to the new technology, I did like the Moriarty Bros. I think I accept the one off approaches better than the direct adaptations that get it wrong like the new Sherlock Holmes (and Bond) movies .
Have you got an IMDB link - I can't find it!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I need to see this series myself.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Watched His Last Vow last night on catch-up. Towards the end, Mycroft says something like "As my colleague is fond of saying, Britain needs a blunt instrument, but she also needs a scalpel". Which raises the intriguing possibility that Sherlock and Bond inhabit the same fictional universe. Perhaps those jokes about Bond seeing Sherlock on the rooftop at the end of Skyfall were true after all.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Sherlock was fun. But there were so many twists - it was like watching the classic Star Trek TNG episode Frame of Mind.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Sherlock is a good series to stick with. Elementary on the other hand is the CR-egg reboot of the Sherlock Holmes franchise.