Fox's long-running 'King of the Hill' canceled

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Fox's long-running 'King of the Hill' canceled

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081101/ap_ ... f_the_hill
57 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – "King of the Hill" is over the hill at Fox, which is canceling the long-running animated comedy.

Final episodes of the half-hour series, now in its 13th year, likely will air during the 2009-10 season, Fox said Friday. The network recently ordered 13 new episodes, and animated series have a long production schedule.

"King of the Hill" chronicles the life of blue-collar family man Hank Hill of Texas and his family and friends. Hank is voiced by series co-creator and executive producer Mike Judge. Others in the cast include Kathy Najimy, Brittany Murphy and Stephen Root.

The picture is brighter for another Sunday night animated show on Fox, "American Dad," which was renewed for its fifth season. It has posted single-digit ratings gains among advertiser-favored young adult viewers and total viewers.

Ratings for "King of the Hill" have been relatively flat early this season.

"American Dad" is about Stan Smith, a dedicated conservative, and his oddball family in Langley, Va. Series co-creator and executive producer Seth MacFarlane voices Stan in the series, which also features the voices of Wendy Schaal, Rachael MacFarlane and Scott Grimes.

___

On the Net:

http://www.fox.com
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Fox's long-running 'King of the Hill' canceled

Post by Kristatos »

It was still going?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:It was still going?
I think so.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

we got season 1-12 on netflix streaming. There OK, I was surprised they were still making them. For me the shows were hit or miss, I stopped watching them after their second series. I remeber the big deal made over peggys fall from an airplane. Some shows a classic especially from a southern perspective. Swear I had some neighbors like the Hills ;)
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

I remember Peggy falling out of the plane!That was :shock: . I'm sad to see KOTH go but it's on cable a lot.