What TV programmes are watching at the moment?

Dedicated to Television Related Discussions.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: What TV programmes are watching at the moment?

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:I watched Bellamy's People on BBC2 which is a comedy programme with some of the Fast Show members, including Charlie Higson.
I watched that too. I thought it was clever and well-observed, but they forgot to make it funny. There were a few laughs, but they were thin on the ground. And it's sad that the funniest character was also the easiest target (a white van-driving Sun reader).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Pit Boss on Animal Planet, about a guy who runs a rescue for Pit Bulls.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

NCIS MOthersday was a disappointment. I always thought gibbs first mother in-law would be the mysterious older red head who picked him up from time to time in the early seasons before he quit. Shannon's mother not knowing Gibbs already got revenge is crazy, she sould have known with just a look from gibbs. the actress playing shannon's mother would have been a better auntie. But I feel the same about the guy who played gibbs father, he wasn't believable as Gibbs father mother's brother maybe.

On the bright side NCIS LA got rid of one weak links, that young black man who was trying to be like LL cool J. Too bad the gilr with two weird eyes didn't get killed off a few shows ago.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

I hate to admit it but NCIS is losing me as a fan. Half the time when it's on I'm sort of listening from the other room while I do other things. It just doesn't hold me like it used to.The two good things about that show(well 3) Pauly Perette, David McCallum and Cote De Pablo-Abby, Ducky and Ziva, respectively)
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Ncis with gibbs boat kelly washing ashore was pretty good, DiNozzo's dad was ok.
I think i am disappointed by the use of characters that have stayed in the background since the show began that should have been wonderful when they used them in the story finally. Shannon and kelly were excellent, Kelly's best friend from school was wonderful too. They build up the shannon and kelly thing over the seasons in bits and pieces over then finally put it in a story and blew us away. Gibbs dad and shannons mom fall sort of this.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

I hate to say this, but NCIS without Gibbs would be a better show(even if it was only temporary).
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Deadliest Catch is back on and I'm addicted again. I am looking forward to seeing how his boys react (and how the other captains react) to Cpt Harris death. I think it will be good to see how they deal with the loss.

We are also in to castle, love that show.
katied

Post by katied »

Castle is good, with Stana Katik(sp?) who had a small part in QOS.

Since I recently got digital cable(and a DVR-it's part of the package) I have been DVR'ing a lot of stuff-particularly anything on the National Geographic channel.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'm trying to watch the final seasons of Monk but it is confusing. BBC started showing series 6 on Saturday afternoons, then moved it to Sunday afternoons which meant I missed a few episodes. Then to make it even more confusing, ITV have started showing series 7 on Saturday mornings!
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

I've only seen a few episodes of Monk, but I liked what I saw! :up:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Still missing Monk!

I'm watching Jason King too, one of the finest TV programmes ever.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Kirstie Alley's reality show-KIrstie Alley's Big Life is a lot of fun to watch. I also like 9 By Design on Bravo-a husband and wife design firm..and they have 7 :shock: kids!. And Miami Medical on CBS-much better than ER(R.I.P but it was time..ER had been subpar for a while) with Jeremy Northam to boot!
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

IN to my summer shows ICe road Truckers and Deadliest catch. I am disapointed by how they stretched out Phils death for ratings
katied

Post by katied »

Dr. No wrote:IN to my summer shows ICe road Truckers and Deadliest catch. I am disapointed by how they stretched out Phils death for ratings

Yeah-I thought they had already aired the episode where Phil died already. :shock:

Looking forwards to The Glades on A&E tonight.

My brother and his wife are loaning me the first season of The Tudors.. Can't wait. :up:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I am looking forward to Sherlock this weekend.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

Blowfeld wrote:I am looking forward to Sherlock this weekend.
The modern version sounded awful but it was good.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Smashing! So many areas to go wrong and it didn't go wrong. Mycroft was wrong but it still worked. Somehow. I hope they keep it up for 2 & 3. I read there is another pilot the BBC made then canned it ordering 3 more. I wonder if the DVD will offer the un-aired pilot.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Blowfeld wrote:Smashing! So many areas to go wrong and it didn't go wrong. Mycroft was wrong but it still worked. Somehow. I hope they keep it up for 2 & 3. I read there is another pilot the BBC made then canned it ordering 3 more. I wonder if the DVD will offer the un-aired pilot.
It is enjoyable. Great casting with Sherlock.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Benedict would make for a wonderful Doctor. Nice to see Anorak from Mayo here as well.
katied

Post by katied »

Various TiVoed shows(I TIVo a lot of stuff but not enough to fill it up.Plus, I get around to watching stuff and then erasing it) 8)