President Biden

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: President Biden

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Would you feel the same way if it was al-Qaeda organising an insurrection, instead of Trump?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Organizing Insurrection as what politics has become,

the Democrats for five years played up false narratives of stolen elections and try to drum up resist movement out of thin air. Paid to organize protest in all major cities (which the Russians actually did put money into). Democrats actually had political hires in federal agencies resisting by outright lying to creat new false narratives for the news cycle.

What ought to scare republicans is their base detests them as a party and they have no control over the base. Same on the left Bernie Sanders side, those supporters detest the democrat party, neither of these outliers will follow their party leaders. When the leaders in Government can not orchestrate people to follow them they are not leaders, they are empty puppets for whoever is really pulling their strings.

Trump did not creat the movement that pushed him to office, he nearly connected with it. Despite how the left tries to redefine what began as the Tea party and what the democrats tried to imitate with occupy Wall Street and subsequent movements it’s not so simple.
The mass of Americans reacting to the last $600 stimulus as an insult ought to shake Washington, instead they try to creat another new cycle to distract from it. The American people were insulted because it was.

The republicans lament self reliance and yet dump billions on to companies and foreign countries, how come those Countries and Companies shouldn’t be self-reliant?.

Democrats agree with bigger stimulus from the American people but put their special interest first and foremost, standing the line so their buddies get the pork and money is funneled back to the part heads.

IMHO the democrats I know disappointed by Obama are so because he didn’t try to improve average Americans lives, he improved life for the system but not those the system manages.
IMO average American of all walks will start to push for their lives to be improved over buying influence around the world and more foreign wars I think this is what Trump did and it will be a lasting movement beyond political parties because it didn’t begin with the party’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yes, please don't take anything negative I say about Trump as an endorsement of Biden and the Democrats, and vice versa. Both parties are awful in their own way, and neither represents the vast majority of Americans. Image

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Corporatist, I like it.

I’m kind of worried about the next step big government will take, giving the businesses who stayed open during covid a pass from any liability. I happen to know a great many companies were/are scared shi’less about being sued over covid death of employees forced to work during the pandemic, especially in the early days where no ppe was available.
I was allowed to read a internal company email where managers of different departments were brought up to speed by the home office, Walmart and a few others are being sued this sent shockwaves through corporate America, our company had us working without PPE except for managers, so I don’t have one once of sympathy to give them.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I suspect the amount of liability will strongly correlate to the size of a company's political donations. This is not a partisan issue, btw. It is quite common for a big corporation to donate to both main parties, so that they're covered whoever is in power.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Biden

Post by Omega »

I do think it is a money talks for those in power in most democracies. Ideals and political rhetoric are only camouflage for persuading the common people that you on their side

I also think this is why the system feared trumpism because at Trump heart he’s a FDR with an eye towards results for the people growing the wealth of the nation, and what the other presidents and congress were bribed with to support the system he already achieved on his own.

We don’t need trump for the idea of putting citizens first to take hold, I believe this idea is taking hold because the attitude of Americans have shifted away from the post wwII nation building Cold War mindset

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm no fan of Trump, who I regard as a simple conman using the presidency as a way of paying off his debts, but one way in which the Republican Party is better than the Democrats is that it is scared enough of its voters to allow them to choose their presidential candidates. If they operated like the Democrats, they would have rigged their primaries to install Jeb! as their candidate in 2016, the will of the voters be damned.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Prepare to cringe so hard you dislodge several vertebrae: https://deadline.com/2021/01/star-studd ... ssion=true

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

President Biden just ordered Syria to be bombed. Democrats are ecstatic that he did it without tweeting about it. So presidential! It would be funny if it wasn't so awful.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Is Joe Biden still President? He is not on (British) television much. Compare this to when Donald Trump became President.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

DISEASED MIGRANTS flooding our southern border---- :cuss: -----now, President Joe Biden signed an executive order Sunday designed in part to increase voting and voter registration access for criminals in prison :cuss: and on probation, according to the White House.--- :cuss: ------more ruination to follow until 2022.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"Anyway, the important thing is that I was wearing a small onion under my belt, which was the style at the time":

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hollywood actress, Harvey Weinstein victim and Me Too activist Rose McGowan was suspended from Twitter after she posted a tweet attacking Kamala Harris for attending an event with Bill Clinton about empowering women after COVID.McGowan ripped Harris by demanding Harris ask McGowan about reports from former Clinton insider Doug Band claiming Bill Clinton personally attended Jeffrey Epstein’s private island where Epstein allegedly raped underage girls.

“This is obscene @KamalaHarris. You speaking with Bill Clinton about empowering women & girls is disgusting. Have you no soul? Have you no ethics? Ask him about being on an island of human trafficking victims 27 times. You are showing us exactly who you are,” McGowan tweeted
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

She seems to be unsuspended now. Her tweet was up when I looked just now. And I should think so too.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I forgot that he had taken over as President. It's not very exciting. :twisted:

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Turns out that the K-hive isn't actually a spontaneous outpouring of enthusiasm for the vice-president after all. In other news, pope revealed to be Catholic:

https://thegrayzone.com/2021/04/16/kama ... arassment/

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Turns out that the K-hive isn't actually a spontaneous outpouring of enthusiasm for the vice-president after all. In other news, pope revealed to be Catholic:

https://thegrayzone.com/2021/04/16/kama ... arassment/

Really not new, these kinds of attacks coordinated with bots goes back over ten years. It can be stoped except the powers that be find it useful.

We get a crack down on free speech while right minded bot farms and political groups are handed the keys to the system.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Newsweek noted President Biden was disrespectful to Queen Elizabeth when he did not remove his sunglasses in greeting her.

"If you're meeting the queen face-to-face there's no sunglasses or anything like that at all because eye contact is quite important with any introduction," former butler to Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Grant Harrold told Newsweek. "It's fine for Biden to have had sunglasses on but, he should have removed them when he actually met the queen.

"Everyone else has to, it doesn't matter who you are, even royals remove sunglasses when they meet royals."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

His eye are probably dilated from what ever his meds are

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He also apparently confused Syria and Libya three times within the same short speech. Once could be excused as a slip of the tongue, but jeez....