President Oprah?

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: President Oprah?

Post by Kristatos »

It sounds to me like Hanks isn't interested, and is making a joke out of the idea.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

It's a joke to even think about it. She may have run television business and whatever, but her knowledge on world politics is zilch. Trump's case is different since his involvement didn't have the exclusive fact of television entertainment but his business was more industrial and real estate. Oprah is just a screen celebrity. For the same reasons Omega mentioned, Oprah wouldn't be plausible for either herself or the left to run for president because she is going to alienate herself from a large portion of her audience and is going to lose her "America's sweetheart" image.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Sweetheart image Drakester? [video][/video]
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

That's known to you and me, BJ. But, the more ignorant part of the global society doesn't know that. They think Oprah is some sort of a public messiah.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

That's the campaign ad Trump will run in the swing states against her 24/7 and show that video at all of his massive rallies on huge screens :!:--------Seal has suggested Oprah Winfrey knew of Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct. The 'Kiss From A Rose' hitmaker took aim at the TV icon as he targeted her friendship with the disgraced filmmaker. Sharing pictures of the pair together, Seal included the caption: "When you have been part of the problem for decades ... but suddenly they all think you are the solution." The singer described Oprah as "sanctimonious" and appeared to accuse her of knowing about the allegations made against the Hollywood producer. He wrote: "Oh I forgot, that's right ..... you'd heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young stary-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad. #SanctimoniousHollywood (sic)" Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:It sounds to me like Hanks isn't interested, and is making a joke out of the idea.
I agree. He made a joke to dismiss a improper question from a entertainment reporter. Sure the current news meme is President Oprah, hanks and Spielberg are in the same liberal click, kind of get why the reporter thought it was a question worth asking.

I also think he knows being a political candidate does harm to public images. If he ever decides to be a candidate he knows his influence to get projects made would probably disappear.

Hanks has a weird Pollyanna-ish view of American history, there was a interview in the last few months where he jumps up and grabs some book off his bookshelf I believe it was a 19th century book where the author used poetic terms to describe the result of the Civil War. Hanks was so impressed he had to read a passage to the reporter. My reaction to what had impressed hanks is it was essentially patriotic propaganda back then and ignored the realities of the consequences of policy.

Hanks is a patriot and has spent a lot of effort to get American stories made that reflect the better aspects of our history. But at his heart he more like the Nicolas Cage character Benjamin Gates from the National Treasure movies. The poetry of patriotism and the idea of a great national destiny influence Hanks.

Just what I noticed about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Oprah?

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:That's the campaign ad Trump will run in the swing states against her 24/7 and show that video at all of his massive rallies on huge screens :!:--------Seal has suggested Oprah Winfrey knew of Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct. The 'Kiss From A Rose' hitmaker took aim at the TV icon as he targeted her friendship with the disgraced filmmaker. Sharing pictures of the pair together, Seal included the caption: "When you have been part of the problem for decades ... but suddenly they all think you are the solution." The singer described Oprah as "sanctimonious" and appeared to accuse her of knowing about the allegations made against the Hollywood producer. He wrote: "Oh I forgot, that's right ..... you'd heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young stary-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad. #SanctimoniousHollywood (sic)" Image
Oprah has a lot of people who would love to bring her down, that’s just in the tv business. She has a lot of baggage most people know nothing of once she’s a candidate the friendly fire would hurt her.
and she is sanctimonious.

Now if they skip primaries and just make her the democrat presidential candidate it’s not crazy to think she has a chance after trump won. I think trump because of his tv persona and businesses got a pass on somethings Oprah would need some very clear positions on.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

A nice evisceration of President Winfrey from the most vanilla liberal outlet there is, Slate: https://slate.com/health-and-science/20 ... yland.html
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

When the four were polled against each other, Biden was the most popular, winning 26% of the vote in a four-way race. Sanders was at 21%, Winfrey at 20% and Warren at 18%.-----------this is before any attacks on Oprah and nobody even knowing what she stands for on the issues.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

All of those will fade, Biden doesn’t have the juice to pull off his own run his time would of been when obama left.
Oprah has baggage and part of the left wing that would love to take her out for good but if nominated the party wouldn’t fight her. Funny how those guys at slate didn’t mind who she was when she was promoting their candidates and agenda.