US Presidential election 2020

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: US Presidential election 2020

Post by bjmdds »

Kristen Welker Deactivates Twitter Account Ahead of Moderating Next Presidential Debate :!: Another rabid left-wing hack the debate commission chose :!: :cuss:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't like to make predictions, as you know, but my gut instinct tells me that we are in for a repeat of 2016, where Trump loses the popular vote but wins the electoral college. Biden is actually slightly behind where Hillary Clinton was in the polls at this point in 2016. You may be surprised to hear this, but I don't fear a legitimate Trump victory, because I think the Democrats deserve to lose. What I fear is a coup. Republican governors have been openly talking about instructing their electors to vote for Trump, even if the people of their state vote for Biden, while Trump has been ginning up his stormtroopers to intimidate voters in Democratic precincts. If that's how he wins victory, then America can abandon any pretence of being a democracy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You actually started to sound rational until you started with this "stormtroopers" lunacy again. It is the Democrat supported agitators that have been the violent ones. Nobody is stopping people in Democrat districts from voting. I hope your first assessment is correct and Trump once again wins the electoral college, which is the ONLY thing that counts.-----yesterday in San Francisco, Democrat Antifa did this to a free speech anti-twitter protester: Image Democrats are the violent ones :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:59 pm You actually started to sound rational until you started with this "stormtroopers" lunacy again. It is the Democrat supported agitators that have been the violent ones. Nobody is stopping people in Democrat districts from voting. I hope your first assessment is correct and Trump once again wins the electoral college, which is the ONLY thing that counts.-----yesterday in San Francisco, Democrat Antifa did this to a free speech anti-twitter protester: Image Democrats are the violent ones :!:
This was a clash between Antifa and the Proud Boys. The difference is, I don't ever remember Joe Biden telling Antifa to "stand back and stand by".
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Honestly not paying the election a lot of attention. Hunter Biden was old news the media had covered a year ago warning Biden was a bad idea.

The 60min interview reminded me of 2016 where a young reporter covering Hillary was trying to dismiss claims about bill as being disproven when they were never looked to seriously by the media of the time.
Romney lamented the news cycle, longing for the old days were everybody had one set of facts, which meant they could ignore anything else besides what their friends in media wanted to talk about. So when what’s her face @ 60min said there’s no evidence of spying or joes not in a scandal, she probable believes there is nothing considered evidence there because that is the narrative she’s comfortable with.

The way joe Biden got the nomination stinks, more so than Hillary, which we know how she used her influence to cheat sanders out of the nomination. Biden was dead in the water, there nothing is campaign did to secure the nomination or gain momentum, to most people not invested in hating or loving the guy it’s obvious he’s been chosen by somebody the democrat party power base will listen to and every other candidate was willing to play along with it.
I still believe Bernie Sanders was a much tougher candidate for Trump to beat, I also feel he had the better chance at the primary which again was being rigged against him. But Bernie is not a fighter, he talk a good game but when he needs to stand up to his party for his supporters he collapses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I wonder if this also applies to the US (though I wouldn't call 12% a "tiny minority"): https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... dApp_Other

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I wonder if this also applies to the US (though I wouldn't call 12% a "tiny minority"): https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... dApp_Other

Well here it’s a two party system where both sides dug in decades and decades ago. And cut off any opportunity for third parties to take hold.
I do believe the social media being driven by a small amount of people compared to the nation as a whole. Here our problems included the political parties using bots and paying people to spam social media to influence news and the political parties.
That’s fine because I’d rather some anonymity over the alternative of every citizen being issued social media accounts at birth.

I do believe most people are not polarized enough to count as left or right. I don’t know if moderate is the correct term, but they are not radicalized enough to be swayed by Russia gate or Obama’s birth certificate.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Plus there are some of us who are left-wing on some issues and right-wing on others. Ironically, I believe that a large part of Trump's success comes from his attacking the Dems from the left on some issues (particularly foreign policy).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Plus there are some of us who are left-wing on some issues and right-wing on others. Ironically, I believe that a large part of Trump's success comes from his attacking the Dems from the left on some issues (particularly foreign policy).
True. I’ve said it before he’s not a republican he is open to a lot of social changes the left would like but for whatever reason they are stuck where they are and can’t move forward.

Trump could sell amnesty, but both parties are stuck in obstructionist mode. Obama complained about it and he was right to a point but at least he had his own party backing him up, as awful as Pelosi and Harry Reid were they fought to the extreme for Obama’s projects to the extent many democrats regret the changes to the rules they made to pass the bills and approve the judges they did.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Monday, October 26, 2020
It’s neck-and-neck, with President Trump just barely ahead in Rasmussen Reports’ first daily White House Watch survey. The latest national telephone and online survey finds Trump edging Democrat Joe Biden 48% to 47% among Likely U.S. Voters. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, while two percent (2%) remain undecided. 52% approve of Trump's presidency now too :!: Real UN-clear Politics poll is an average of fraudulent polls that deliberately oversample Democrats and under sample blacks and hispanics as well. Frank Luntz, a nobody pollster who thinks he matters, admitted if these polls are wrong again, the pollsters should all be fired and done away with.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Biden does not know who he is running against: Kamala does not know where she is at:
Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Favorite Movies: 12 Angry Men
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Mexican Staring Frog »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:44 am
Mexican Staring Frog wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 am
bjmdds wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:47 pm The so-called experts are throwing around USA death tolls of anywhere from 100,000-240,000 deaths when all is said and done with corona. These are the same "experts" than said January 26th that the coronavirus was no big deal. The clowns on financial shows seem surprised that 10 million people filed for unemployment the past 2 weeks in the USA and that 700,000 jobs were lost in March.--------why the surprise :?: We are closing down the economy to combat an entity that never existed until 3 months ago :!: You cannot test for something that never existed and we were able to create tests for the virus in 8 short weeks :!: :clap: That is remarkable :!: So far 8000 have died in the USA from this pestilence. I give the under/over at 60,000 total deaths in the USA, not the 240,000 these doomsdayers are predicting :!: We will see the correct figure soon and May 1 should start to hopefully be the turning point towards the reduction in the spread of this China owned pandemic.
This post aged... poorly. :shock:
Sorry to disappoint you Froggy, but in NO way did 215,000 people die from this virus. A LOT of shenanigans with the death totals are running rampant. If someone died in a car crash and was found to have Covid in their system, that was considered to be the cause of death. If terminally ill patients died with Covid in their system, that was considered to be the cause of death. Reports of hospitals getting paid a LOT more money per patient when they "supposedly" died from Covid led to a lot of false billing. Where is the regular flu death totals for 2020? Funny how that is NOT even mentioned any longer. The medical community has embarrassed themselves and has become another political arm of the left. The American Medical Association is not something I trust as they are DEEPLY entrenched with Medicare in Washington DC. It may not be 60,000 ACTUAL deaths from TRUE Covid disease, in fact it could be over 100,000 now, but to believe all of these deaths are from Covid, to me, is pushing it for both monetary and political gain, as sad as that sounds. The is how corrupt the medical profession has become. The head of the CDC is a clueless waste and Fauci has no idea what he is saying any longer.
This whole post is silly, and insinuates that the entire world is conspiring against Trump.

I don not even like Biden, but I will take my chances with a new leader rather than another four years with an embarrassing failure like Trump, who I actually voted for on the last election. I have never regretted a vote in my life except for the one I made in 2016.

I suppose we will find out the ultimate decision on November 3rd.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mexican Staring Frog wrote: I suppose we will find out the ultimate decision on November 3rd.
You're optimistic....

Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

I merely hope the people have more sense. 2016 was the perfect time for Trump to run. Part of his appeal then was that he was new to the game and had something to prove. Now that he has been president for four years, including 2020, I am not sure he has the same appeal. I could be very wrong and the country actually adores him.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I meant that a lot of people have said that with the increased use of mail-in ballots due to Covid-19, and the likelihood of a contested election, it could be some time before we know the results.

There is actually a separate thread for the election, but I don't have time to move these posts right now.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mexican Staring Frog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:57 pm I merely hope the people have more sense. 2016 was the perfect time for Trump to run. Part of his appeal then was that he was new to the game and had something to prove. Now that he has been president for four years, including 2020, I am not sure he has the same appeal. I could be very wrong and the country actually adores him.
OK Froggy, now you opened up the can so let's lay it all out there. You voted for Trump and don't like the results? Explain exactly what ails you now that Biden appeals to you. Tell us what Biden has done in 47 years that appeals to you. There is MORE enthusiasm for Trump now but a lot more chicanery can occur with these mail in ballots. Do you want 6 judges added to the Supreme Court? Biden WILL do that. Is there more world peace and no wars now vs. Biden's 8 years as VP? Trump was nominated for 3 Nobel Peace prizes. Oh-bama got one just for being elected. Do you blame the world for a virus China released or is that Trump's fault too? What will Biden do differently except lock you down and punish you for not obeying him? Do you want Sanders to be your Secretary of Labor and Chuck Schumer, who I am VERY familiar with here in NYC, determining your laws? Do you want Andrew Cuomo your next AG? Do you want more chaos in the middle east and with North Korea? Do you want tax cuts overturned and raised for you, if you work? The DJ was 18,000 4 years ago. It is now over 27,000 and all 3 major indices have hit all time highs which is where pensions are invested in, if that even matters to you. The unemployment rate was at an all time low prior to this virus. The Democrats want police to be defunded, do you? Tell us exactly what Joe Biden, who is mentally impaired, offers you now? We are listening. Enlighten us with your logic Froggy. This is what you want now, a guy who does not know the correct name of his opponent as his wife shudders in disbelief?
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mexican Staring Frog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:42 pm
bjmdds wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:44 am
Mexican Staring Frog wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 am
bjmdds wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:47 pm The so-called experts are throwing around USA death tolls of anywhere from 100,000-240,000 deaths when all is said and done with corona. These are the same "experts" than said January 26th that the coronavirus was no big deal. The clowns on financial shows seem surprised that 10 million people filed for unemployment the past 2 weeks in the USA and that 700,000 jobs were lost in March.--------why the surprise :?: We are closing down the economy to combat an entity that never existed until 3 months ago :!: You cannot test for something that never existed and we were able to create tests for the virus in 8 short weeks :!: :clap: That is remarkable :!: So far 8000 have died in the USA from this pestilence. I give the under/over at 60,000 total deaths in the USA, not the 240,000 these doomsdayers are predicting :!: We will see the correct figure soon and May 1 should start to hopefully be the turning point towards the reduction in the spread of this China owned pandemic.
This post aged... poorly. :shock:
Sorry to disappoint you Froggy, but in NO way did 215,000 people die from this virus. A LOT of shenanigans with the death totals are running rampant. If someone died in a car crash and was found to have Covid in their system, that was considered to be the cause of death. If terminally ill patients died with Covid in their system, that was considered to be the cause of death. Reports of hospitals getting paid a LOT more money per patient when they "supposedly" died from Covid led to a lot of false billing. Where is the regular flu death totals for 2020? Funny how that is NOT even mentioned any longer. The medical community has embarrassed themselves and has become another political arm of the left. The American Medical Association is not something I trust as they are DEEPLY entrenched with Medicare in Washington DC. It may not be 60,000 ACTUAL deaths from TRUE Covid disease, in fact it could be over 100,000 now, but to believe all of these deaths are from Covid, to me, is pushing it for both monetary and political gain, as sad as that sounds. The is how corrupt the medical profession has become. The head of the CDC is a clueless waste and Fauci has no idea what he is saying any longer.
This whole post is silly, and insinuates that the entire world is conspiring against Trump.

I don not even like Biden, but I will take my chances with a new leader rather than another four years with an embarrassing failure like Trump, who I actually voted for on the last election. I have never regretted a vote in my life except for the one I made in 2016.

I suppose we will find out the ultimate decision on November 3rd.
92% of the media's reporting is NEGATIVE on Trump. Is that OK with you Frogster? The CIA, Oh-bama, Biden, and the FBI have been PROVEN via emails to be plotting against Trump from the January 5th 2017 meeting in the White House. The World Heath Organization has lied about the virus since day 1. Adam Schiff and the Democrats have spewed lies about Russia collusion since day one with Trump and that has been proven false yet the media will not cover Biden's involvement in China and Ukraine and Russian kickback schemes with his son Hunter. Do you actually believe Fauci is not political? Would you say a LOT is against him? People who REALLY voted for Trump applaud the results he has achieved.
Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

I can see discussing this with you would be a waste of time because you clearly have your head way up in Donald's alternative facts. Good luck on that.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Spoken like the true liberal you must be. Facts buddy-------but you liberals live in an alternate reality-------you cannot even refute my facts, can you? Your silence to my multiple facts tells it all------back to your left-wing lillipad.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

One cannot debate facts with a Trump cultist because, to the brainwashed, truth is whatever Trump says it is. If Trump says that 2+2=5, then that is what you are obliged to believe, even if he said that 2+2=6 yesterday.