US Presidential election 2020

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

US Presidential election 2020

Post by bjmdds »

It's still a long way off, but gamblers are betting on a fairly easy re-election bid for President Trump in 2020 against rising Democrats including Sens. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and former first lady Michelle Obama.

The gambling site Betonline.ag puts Trump's odds at 5 to 2, the best of over a dozen potential candidates. :clap:

What's more, they aren't betting for Trump to be impeached or lose his Twitter account.

However, bettors are hedging, picking Vice President Mike Pence as their second favorite in the 2020 presidential race.

"Trump is currently a 5/2 favorite to win. Mike Pence (6/1) and Elizabeth Warren (10/1) are close behind with Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders both sitting at 16/1 odds to win. [Sen.] Kamala Harris and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg are now listed at 20/1. [House Speaker] Paul Ryan is 28/1," the betting website told Secrets.
bjmdds

Re: US Presidential election 2020

Post by bjmdds »

It added, "Will the 25th Amendment Section 4 be invoked? With odds at 5/14, bettors are backing 'no impeachment' during Trump's first term. The odds at 1/8 strongly favor him sitting in the oval office on January 1, 2018. Sorry Twitterholics -- it's a 5/1 longshot that Twitter will suspend the @realDonaldTrump account this year."

The 2020 odds are below:

Donald Trump 5/2
Michelle Obama 16/1
Sen. Elizabeth Warren 10/1
Mike Pence 6/1
Hillary Clinton 33/1
Sen. Cory Booker 20/1
Joe Biden 20/1
Sen.Bernie Sanders 16/1
Julian Castro 33/1
Speaker Paul Ryan 28/1
Gov. John Kasich 66/1
Sen. Ted Cruz 66/1
Kanye West 150/1
Will Smith 80/1
Mark Cuban 50/1
Michael Bloomberg 40/1
Andrew Cuomo 33/1
Sen. Amy Klobuchar 33/1
Sen. Marco Rubio 40/1
Stephen Colbert 66/1
Jon Stewart 50/1
Mark Zuckerberg 20/1
Caroline Kennedy 66/1
Oprah Winfrey 50/1
George Clooney 66/1
Leonardo DiCaprio 80/1
Bill Gates 125/1
Sen. Rand Paul 80/1
Sen. Kamala Harris 20/1
Dwayne The Rock Johnson 25/1
Gov. Terry McAuliffe 80/1
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Might put a couple of quid on Kanye. Hey, you never know.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I wouldn't be shocked if Hillary thought she could run again. I doubt she physically be up for it.
Sanders sold out but he's the kind of populist who could do well. By 2020 trump will have a amnesty plan giving illegals left citizenship. Wouldn't be surprised is he passed new welfare type programs just to piss off the republican establishment.

Mcauliffe is a crook, but he also stupid he was trying to drum up controversy about trumps comments about the racists in his state tried to bring up George Washington and Jefferson as examples trump should follow, ok we all know he's talking crap because Washington and Jefferson are revered. My first thought was they are slave owners. And that the confederate flag of the civil war was far less guilty of repression than the flag of the United States. You can make a different argument about the klan using the flag, those assholes didn't exist during the civil war so the government of the confederacy used the flag only a few years and the democrat hate groups used it for over 150 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Liberal Democrats at their finest :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to a Philadelphia elections official, hundreds of individuals who are not U.S. citizens have registered to vote in Philadelphia and nearly half of them voted in past elections. Since 2006, 317 registered voters have contacted the City Commissioners, which oversees Philadelphia elections, asking that their registrations be canceled because they are not citizens.

Philly.com reported that many of them registered while either applying for or renewing their driver’s licenses. All applicants were offered the option to register to vote even after providing documentation to DMV officials that although they were in the country legally, they were not citizens.

Al Schmidt, the lone Republican on the Philadelphia election commission, said that all 317 registrations have been canceled and he has been speaking with the Pennsylvania Department of State about the problem.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image :Happy:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Democratic National Committee adopted a new rule Friday aimed at preventing non-Democrats, such as independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, from seeking the party’s 2020 presidential nomination, reports said.

The rule change, adopted at a DNC meeting in Providence, R.I., requires all candidates for the party’s nomination to “run and serve” as Democrats, Yahoo News reported.

Some supporters of Sanders -- who caucuses with the Democrats despite declining to declare a party affiliation -- say the move was motivated by “spite” after Sanders gave Hillary Clinton a run for her money during the Democratic primaries in 2016. :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Cherokee Nation responded to the results of Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren's DNA test on Monday, arguing that “a DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship.” The response came after the Democratic senator revealed that, based on tests, she has Native-American ancestry “in the range of 6-10 generations ago.”

"Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America," Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. said in a press release.

"Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation," Hoskin continued. "Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The only way dna tests can confirm native ancestry is if it connects to know Tribal members.
the dna texts I’ve seen are very vague about that diluted a result. It could even be European dna from the Mongolian invasion during the 13th century.

To connect to a tribe it has to be a direct link to known members, there is no known dna marker that proves tribal lineage, what they do show is some possible origins which for native Indians go back to Asia.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Elizabeth Warren percentage of being Indian is between 1/32 to 1/1,024th, the same percentage chance she has of being elected president.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

But Dear Leader promised to give $1 million to charity if she just took the test. Even if it was 0%, he should still pay up. Needless to say, though, he just did what he always does in these situations- he lied. He is now pretending that he never said it, even though he was on camera at the time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ah trump is doing what he always does in these situation . Warren is doing what she always does. On the other hand did warren actually prove anything? She is whiter than average. Romney is a minority compared to her. ;)

I can’t remember what trumps challenge was. Or how he worded it. But whatever he is trying to weasel out of she never actually took him up on it, she holds a press conference after a hand picked “expert” who says white bread is more ethnic.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From The Daily Show:Image

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Lol that’s good.

What bothers me about this is warren is not a Indian, by any measurement. never had the same shared suffering the natives people experience, is not a product of it. Come with me to the res it’s shocking how impoverished these people are. How much they still struggle. Warren claimed Cherokee heritage to get a position at a university intended for a native Indian.
Good joke about trump breaking his word to a Indian, but how white is it for a rich white woman to lie to steal something belonging to a Indian?

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Here are the Democratic nom. odds on Paddypower:

https://www.paddypower.com/politics/202 ... l-election

Beto ORourke 3-1
Kamala Harris 7-2
Joe Biden 6-1
Elizabeth Warren 8-1
Tulsi Gabbard 9-1
Sherrod Brown 9-1
Bernie Sanders 10-1
Amy Kloubchar 10-1
Chelsea Clinton 100-1
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren indicated that her race was "American Indian" in a handwritten registration form filed in 1986 with the Texas State Bar, according to a new report on Tuesday that documents the presidential hopeful's efforts to identify as a minority during her earliest days as a law professor :!: The revelation, initially reported by The Washington Post, is the first known instance of Warren claiming Native American ancestry in an official document or in her own handwriting. It threatened to add more ammunition to already-frequent attacks by Republicans, including President Trump, deriding Warren for claiming such ancestry to bolster her academic career. Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

She did it because it would help her chances of getting jobs. She didn’t claim heritage when it would have hurt her, bottom line she stole a legitimate native Indians position.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] One down, many more to go :!: She is my Senator in NY and is pathetic :!: DONE :!: :ROFL:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] One down, many more to go :!: She is my Senator in NY and is pathetic :!: DONE :!: :ROFL:
I'm no fan of Gillibrand, and don't see her lasting beyond Super Tuesday, but that didn't look like a career-ending moment to me.