US Election

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Who will be the next USA president?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 pm

Barack Obama
9%
Hilary Clinton
9%
John McCain
27%
Rudi Guiliani
27%
Mitt Romney
No votes
John Edwards
No votes
Jenna Bush
27%

Total votes: 11

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:McCain vs.?
Predator
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Obama cleaning Hillary's clock lately. If she goes down, look for Bill's divorce papers to be served by her.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Obama cleaning Hillary's clock lately. If she goes down, look for Bill's divorce papers to be served by her.
Do you think she'll be offered the VP slot if Obama wins?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She needs him, he does not need her. He would be foolish to drag her along. I believe there is a female governor he likes who would be his vice president.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Will John McCain have to get some right-wing character in as his Vice-presidential nominee? Or does he have someone in mind. Is Admiral Stockdale still available?
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:Will John McCain have to get some right-wing character in as his Vice-presidential nominee? Or does he have someone in mind. Is Admiral Stockdale still available?
There's a good article here giving the pros and cons of possible veep nominees, though it's a year old, so I don't know how many of those candidates are still in the frame.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The negatives were quite funny: Elizabeth Dole - boring; Bill Richardson - womaniser!. :lol:
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Looks like Hillary just about ready for the fork to be stuck in her political ambitions:DONE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Looks like Hillary just about ready for the fork to be stuck in her political ambitions:DONE :lol: :lol: :lol:
If she doesn't win Texas and Ohio, then certainly, but at the moment, it's still a close race. I reckon she'll try and take Obama down with her if she loses, so that she can have another shot in 2012 (or so she thinks - personally, I doubt the Democratic Party will forgive her if her actions help McCain win).
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Can Clinton and Obama not solve the issue with some challenges? Cycling, arm-wrestling, spelling, cage fighting, the list is endless.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

She is still there. :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:She is still there. :shock:
The media got what they wanted. They want this to drag on for as long as possible (good for the ratings), and so really started piling on Obama in the last few days.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

John Mcain must be laughing his head off at the prospect of Obama and Clinton ripping each other to shreds for a few more months.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Clinton will NOT beat Obama in pledged voted delegates. She wants to back door him with her superdelegate friends. IF that happens, former Governor Wilder said there will be a riot outside the democratic convention. McCain all the way now, even though he is still too soft on illegal immigration to the USA.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Is it actually possible for either of them to win now? I was reading an article today which said neither can get the numbers needed on their own.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Neither can win on their own. Stupid system of superdelegates will decide it, about 800 individual democrats, many who can be bought or blackmailed by the crummy Clintons, as Dick Morris said. Hillary truly has been exposed as the devious thing she is. I cannot tolerate her any longer.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:Neither can win on their own. Stupid system of superdelegates will decide it, about 800 individual democrats, many who can be bought or blackmailed by the crummy Clintons, as Dick Morris said. Hillary truly has been exposed as the devious thing she is. I cannot tolerate her any longer.
I watched a news item in the UK where they were talking to some of the superdelegates, including Ted Kennedy, John Kerry and DCINB's BJMMDS.

:lol:
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You would NEVER see me with those two.....ever.... :lol:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

bjmdds wrote:Clinton will NOT beat Obama in pledged voted delegates. She wants to back door him with her superdelegate friends. IF that happens, former Governor Wilder said there will be a riot outside the democratic convention. McCain all the way now, even though he is still too soft on illegal immigration to the USA.
I agree, She is going to try to get Michigan and Florida delegate counted. Then she'll be ahead.
If you notice ever time she or Bill speaks they are careful to mention that "all of the votes" should be counted , or when "all is said and done with the votes counted"
They are subtly laying the ground for a push to get those votes.
Obama came from no where. He should have never been a threat to her.
I don;t think she even had scheduled stops after February 5th, and then Obama got the momentum along with the popular votes. Now she' got to scramble to lag behind. :lol:

Although the way the primaries run out I can see why all of the states decide to hold them early. There is a lot of money pumped in to a state when the politician's decided to make camp there, TV ads, news paper ads, hotels, stroe fronts rented, campaign help, campaign flyers.
IF by February the candidate is predetermined then the candidates have no reason to spend 10 million dollars in a state they won't care about unitll just before november.
In taht way it makes sense for the states to make themselves important earlier.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Clinton will NOT beat Obama in pledged voted delegates. She wants to back door him with her superdelegate friends. IF that happens, former Governor Wilder said there will be a riot outside the democratic convention. McCain all the way now, even though he is still too soft on illegal immigration to the USA.
I agree, She is going to try to get Michigan and Florida delegate counted. Then she'll be ahead.
Obama is ahead in the popular vote, even with Michigan and Florida included. Not sure about delegates. It remains to be seen how this flap over his pastor and his subsequent speech affect his polling numbers in the long run. I've a feeling it will turn out to be a storm in a teacup.