President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

You can get vaccinated, BUT, if a person already had it, there is NO need for vaccinations IF they already have the antibodies. If a person has antibodies, they do NOT need vaccines to further stress their immune systems. A simple Covid antibody blood test can be done. The man who infected us worked for the race track as the head official in a privately owned facility. He died 9 days later from it and was the first person in New Jersey to succumb to it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:03 pm Thanks, but I'd rather get vaccinated and not catch it in the first place. And wasn't the guy who flogged you that horse dewormer a government official?
I have several friends who were vaccinated TWO AND THREE times and STILL got the virus MORE THAN ONCE. These Covid vaccines do NOT PREVENT the transmission of the disease. That is the problem with them.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

A UK-wide study has shown that vaccination can increase protection even in those who have already had the disease. I know you will dismiss it for contradicting the infallible word of your god-king, but I'm linking to it anyway, for the benefit of more rational readers: https://health-study.joinzoe.com/post/d ... -had-covid

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Are you seriously calling me irrational? What KING Kris? I am in the health care field. Trump has ZERO to do with this. Me thinks you also suffer from TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome). I read medical materials constantly. I can direct you to doctors that think too many vaccines weaken a person's immune system and it is overkill. You read ONE mindset material. I read ALL discussions on medicine. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35659687/
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:31 pm U.K. entertainment reporter Ross King reported on Lorraine, a weekday morning lifestyle and entertainment show, that Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are looking at actors in their 30s. King explained, “The latest rumor—and in some ways part of this is very much true—which is, basically, the Bond producers are looking for a younger Bond. Someone probably in their 30s.”---------Cavill and Turner are both 39 now. She will wait 2 more years to decide?
Get used to the idea of Rege Jean Page as Bond BJ.
Omega wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:32 am
bjmdds wrote:Kleeman remembers a meeting in Calley’s office to decide who would be the next James Bond. “We were debating it passionately,” he says. “Cubby, in my memory – which I think is correct – had a walking stick. At one point he thumped the floor with it. Everybody turned. He said, ‘Let’s go with Pierce.’”

The Broccolis informed Dalton of the bad news, and Dalton graciously stepped down. Pierce Brosnan remembered getting the phone call from his agent, informing him that he was James Bond – but not to tell anyone. Brosnan agreed while mouthing to his wife, “I’m f–––––g James Bond!” https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/how ... ieve-bond/
This is probably only important because the story has always been Dalton declined to return. That and they sued a tabloid and won for publishing Dalton was out as bond. Which from other accounts was probably true from the investors pov.
It's funny, as I've heard from some that MGM wanted Broz while Eon wanted Dalton to stick around.
Kristatos wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 pm This jumped out at me:
To Bond, M is an accountant and bean counter; while Bond, says M, is a “sexist, misogynist dinosaur” (a line inspired by similar comments that Barbara Broccoli made about Bond).
Makes sense of the last 20 odd years old boy!
I’ve heard that after LTK, investors wanted brosnan. Then there were lawsuits and other things going on, like I think ab attempt at bond tv show mcclory wanted. I may be way off in some of the facts, I’m trying to remember what others had said about the real reasonings.

Part of the problem with bond is when the days are good everybody gets along, when there is a misstep and Bo isn’t where it should be the partners fight, apparently after LTK on of the fights cubby had with studio and investors was about where the profits break down. Studio is 50% owner of danjaq rights, then the investors want to be paid back first. We saw the same thing when Sony was involved in some of the public records, eon has the scheme of producer fees upfront last ones we knew about were DAD where it was $30 million to eon (not the partnership) , out of $200 million budgets nearly a quarter goes directly into eons pockets for doing literally nothing.

But going back to Dalton, the studio fight was because before Dalton the last Moore films profits were already on the decline, Dalton didn’t reinvent the summertime market Spielberg (snubbed by cubby broccoli) had destroyed with the new 80s Blockbuster market. LTK faced off against legendary movies still talked about 30 years later, usually bond movies have greater longevity than their competition, a lot of movies are popular but don’t keep audiences revisiting them years later like bond movies do ( how many movies from the 60s 70s 80s 90s are left in the shadow of bond years later?). titanic and Star Wars, maybe Twilight would be the modern equivalents of the kind of competition Dalton had in 1989.

Reason for the studio fight is LTK didn’t turn a profit until goldeneye was on vhs, or maybe it was TND was coming out.
Investor were putting their foot down for what that mattered, cubby still had final say, but it was a push back he hadn’t faced before then.
Goldeneye and Tomorrow never dies recemented bond as a Hollywood franchise. If either movie had failed it would be all there was for bond. At least under the danjaq eon branding.

In contrast when Babs took over after her mothers death, bond was strong and in demand by the studio, DAD was the most profitable venture for mgm with eon to that point. Babs has never been I charge with a partner in a stronger than her. She had fallout with Sony after QOS failed to live up to expectation I don’t know how true it was but we heard Sony had played hardball about the profit split, Babs got offended then Sony supposedly offered eon (not danjaq) a contract to produce two films which ultimately never got made. Kind of like the two none bond films the studio promised Sean Connery to come back for diamonds are forever and the next bonds sequel. Anyway with sony eon collected a payday for movies they never attempted to make, it was a payoff anyway for the hurt feelings after the QOS profit split.

Dalton was always a good soldier for the bond brand, I think he would have always done right by the role regardless if the option of contract had run out or not. Most of what we know is spin so cubby and others could save face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Omega on Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:10 pm I went for my yearly physical and blood tests this week. I had the original strain of Covid-19 in March 2020. I STILL have NOT gone back to 100% taste and smell sensations after all of this time, which I would say have been about 40% of normal since day one of this disease on humanity. After 29 months, and NO vaccinations, I STILL have the antibodies to Covid-19, which is great! Fauci et al, LIED saying NATURAL immunity was short lived. I am proof it lasts longer than most vaccines do, without the long term possible consequences of uncharted vaccines possible side effects in the future. Be wary of what government officials tell us.
Ugh..can’t imagine losing sense of taste and smell…My nephew had it and it had the result of making him like coffee-black, mind you, nothing in it. I’m a creamer and Splenda gal, myself.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:10 pm I went for my yearly physical and blood tests this week. I had the original strain of Covid-19 in March 2020. I STILL have NOT gone back to 100% taste and smell sensations after all of this time, which I would say have been about 40% of normal since day one of this disease on humanity. After 29 months, and NO vaccinations, I STILL have the antibodies to Covid-19, which is great! Fauci et al, LIED saying NATURAL immunity was short lived. I am proof it lasts longer than most vaccines do, without the long term possible consequences of uncharted vaccines possible side effects in the future. Be wary of what government officials tell us.
Ugh..can’t imagine losing sense of taste and smell…My nephew had it and it had the result of making him like coffee-black, mind you, nothing in it. I’m a creamer and Splenda gal, myself.
I know a few people who lost sense of smell and taste, mostly back but they adapted so I’m not sure they know how much has returned or not.

VA doctors have told me in no uncertain terms a lot of the reporting on Covid is BS. Their opinions on the vaccines depends on the manufacturer and which vaccine. Antibodies in the system also mattered not just revaccing but for blood donors as well.

I thought I heard some European countries we’re going off the vaccine requirements?

Anyway I’m not for or against vaccines, what I keep in mind is there is an agenda being pushed with pharmaceutical companies getting big paydays from mandatory boosters and vaccinations. Not to sound too jaded but it’s an industry and our leaders care about the Financial viability.
On the other hand there are political motivations involved as well. In 2020 not one democrat on the campaign trail would take a vaccine Trump “invented”, 2021 those same people who wouldn’t take a Trump vaccine blasted those who didn’t get a vaccine for holding the nation “back” once they were in charge.

Even trump was surprised at one of his rallies 2021 or 22 he tried to take credit for the vaccines to hear boos when he brought up vaccines. His supporters were tired of the government trying to force it down their throats,
which the quest for a cure went from being a rush to get this vaccine to save lives to an imagined outcome of everyone was vaccinated and Covid went away quietly.

As long as there are Side effects which can kill or affect quality of life I’d like to leave those decisions up to individuals and families without any judgment on how they decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

As usual, the Big O knows his onions! Vaccines=big bucks for pharmaceutical companies that have their shills promoting their products. There is plenty of naivety out there Big O. As Gekko says to Bud Fox in Wall Street, "its all about bucks kid......the rest is conversation." People decide for themselves on how to proceed with their health and they need to see BOTH sides of the issue, not just Fauci and a left-wing media driving an agenda. If someone has no immunity to Covid and wants to get a vaccine, fine. The problem is natural immunity is not a money maker. Someone I know personally took his first vaccine last year. He never survived to get the second one and died in his car in front of his wife by turning blue less than 2 weeks later. The hospital cause of death was not clear in the cause of it to his wife. Was it the vaccine? Who knows? He felt crummy days after taking the vaccine and the ending was tragic.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

You say this has nothing to do with Trump, and yet you hate Fauci. Why? Because he contradicted Trump. You don't trust vaccines made by pharmaceutical companies, but you trust horse dewormer made by a pharmaceutical company. The difference? Members of Trump's family own shares in the company that makes it, so he has declared it safe for his marks (sorry, supporters) to use. So, I don't believe you when you say that this has nothing to do with Dear Leader.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kris, you are quite a deranged person now. Your constant Trump harping is ridiculous. Fauci helped create a virus he now wants credit for eradicating. He belongs on trial for crimes against humanity with the Chinese scientists who caused this plague. You are no better than Ale now. If you think Trump's medical opinions mean ANYTHING whatsoever to me then you are foolish. Live your daily life tortured by someone who has nothing to do with your life in the UK.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I doubt I'd even mention Trump on here if you didn't constantly post talking points regurgitated from Trumpublican media outlets.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I'm sorry, not to be "that guy," but isn't there a 'Politics Thread" on this forum? I like to come here to try and escape the constant political bickering that has permeated every facet of human existence.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:I'm sorry, not to be "that guy," but isn't there a 'Politics Thread" on this forum? I like to come here to try and escape the constant political bickering that has permeated every facet of human existence.
You are correct, sir. I have moved political posts there in the past, and will probably do so again. (Edit: done it).

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:54 pm I doubt I'd even mention Trump on here if you didn't constantly post talking points regurgitated from Trumpublican media outlets.
Keep watching CNN and MSNBC for your take on life. Your axons and dendrites are chock full of the Donald which is an unhealthy way to live.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:54 pm I doubt I'd even mention Trump on here if you didn't constantly post talking points regurgitated from Trumpublican media outlets.
Keep watching CNN and MSNBC for your take on life. Your axons and dendrites are chock full of the Donald which is an unhealthy way to live.
This is what members of the Qult don't get. You assume that because you live in a hermetically sealed media bubble for fear of encountering an unauthorised opinion or fact, the rest of us must do the same. I don't watch any dumbed-down newsutainment networks. I don't even have a "go-to" news outlet. What typically happens is that I log on to Twitter, find that everyone is talking about a particular news story, and Google it to find out what everyone is talking about. Or I might catch the headlines on a radio or TV news broadcast. As for Trump, I wish he would go away so I could forget about him, but he's like a turd that won't flush - the Captain Nash of politics.

bjmdds

Re: President Trump

Post by bjmdds »

Google? That explains it. They are a left-wing political entity with algorithms against non-liberal search content. Do yourself a favor. Try DUCKDUCKGO as a search engine once in a while.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Google? That explains it. They are a left-wing political entity with algorithms against non-liberal search content. Do yourself a favor. Try DUCKDUCKGO as a search engine once in a while.
Actually, DuckDuckGo is my preferred search engine. Google as a verb has become a generic term for Internet searches.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what do BJ and other Trump supporters here make of Ron DeSantis? I know that some former Trump supporters have switched their allegiance to him, while others remain loyal to Trump, and I was wondering what people here thought.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Plain and simple......I am ALL IN on Ron Desantis now as are many I know. Trump attacking Desantis was ridiculous and due to jealousy most likely. I hope Desantis declares his 2024 run in 2023. He will beat Trump in the primary. He is younger, has a nice wife and family, knows how to handle the media, and is anti-woke!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Plain and simple......I am ALL IN on Ron Desantis now as are many I know. Trump attacking Desantis was ridiculous and due to jealousy most likely. I hope Desantis declares his 2024 run in 2023. He will beat Trump in the primary. He is younger, has a nice wife and family, knows how to handle the media, and is anti-woke!
Obviously not being American or a Republican, I don't really have a dog in this fight, but DeSantis does seem like a more competent version of Trump.