President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: President Trump

Post by bjmdds »

The Atlantic magazine raised eyebrows on Friday when it published a piece calling for the abolition of the Nobel Peace Prize after President Trump was nominated for the prestigious honor. :hair: :shock: The president's name was submitted for the 2021 prize by Norwegian lawmaker Christian Tybring-Gjedde, who cited Trump's role in brokering a peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Trump has since earned a second nomination from Swedish lawmaker Magnus Jacobsson for overseeing an economic deal between Kosovo and Serbia. The nominations, however, apparently didn't sit well with the liberal magazine, which declared Friday that "peace had its chance, and blew it." ---------do you need any more proof of how sick and demented liberals are? :!: :!: :!: This is the same left-wing rag promoting a fake story that Trump maligned dead soldiers but him being nominated TWICE for a Nobel Peace prize is more than they can take :!: Liberalism is on course for destruction violently. It will not end well :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Liberalism is on course for destruction violently. It will not end well :!:
Looks like you're not the only member of Fa* to think that way.

*=the opposite of Antifa.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Update: I've read the Atlantic article, and it's more nuanced than its clickbait headline suggests. The author is saying that the Nobel Peace Prize should be awarded retroactively to people who have brokered lasting peace, rather than for the potential to do so. I would agree with that. Obama winning the prize before he had even been elected was ludicrous.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Oh-bama did NOTHING and received the award-----------Trump did a LOT and will probably get nothing! The Atlantic is a rag that belongs defunct! Where's Atticus on this?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Update: I've read the Atlantic article, and it's more nuanced than its clickbait headline suggests. The author is saying that the Nobel Peace Prize should be awarded retroactively to people who have brokered lasting peace, rather than for the potential to do so. I would agree with that. Obama winning the prize before he had even been elected was ludicrous.

I enjoy the right wing being over joyed about it when they hated it in 2009, and the left wing indignant the peace prize would stand for nothing. Nobel was a war profiteer, that’s where the money came from and the prize is from his own dirty conscience trying to buy absolution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:52 pm Oh-bama did NOTHING and received the award-----------Trump did a LOT and will probably get nothing! The Atlantic is a rag that belongs defunct! Where's Atticus on this?
Agreed, BJ. The Atlantic is truly a loony left-wing rag, and it still refers to rioters/anarchists as “protesters.” As for the article, it's pure BS. The Atlantic staff writer, Graeme Wood, actually contradicts his magazine's stance by stating, "The record of achievement of the peace laureates is so spotty, and the rationales for their awards so eclectic, [emphasis mine] that the committee should take a long break to consider whether peace is a category coherent enough to be worth recognizing.” Yeah, eclectic all right. Case in point: Obama, yet this rag didn't complain then. The other line is also bizarre: “The record of achievement of the peace laureates is so spotty.” He doesn't realize his own idiocy by failing to point out that Carter received the award despite people in Rhodesia being murdered in part thanks to his policies; Obama, of course, got it without doing anything, unless you count how he helped foster and promote the so-called "Arab Spring" where many people died. Yeah, man, that's truly worthy of a peace prize. Yet some of the most deserving world leaders for peace were overlooked, including Thatcher and Reagan. But now it's just bang-the-drums to reconsider this Nobel thingie. In other words, it's time to “cancel” the Nobel institution. Once again, these leftists/progressives truly embody David Horowitz's famous line, “Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.” Only their way matters. No room for compromises, no dialogue, no flexibility. Their creed is if they don’t agree with something, it cannot exist. Literally. Steve Jobs's widow (co-owner of the Atlantic) dove right into this stance with the approval of this article. But what she fails to realize is that it's better to end--cancel--the Atlantic. Haha! :D
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Atticus wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm [Once again, these leftists/progressives truly embody David Horowitz's famous line, “Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.” Only their way matters. No room for compromises, no dialogue, no flexibility. Their creed is if they don’t agree with something, it cannot exist.
And yet BJ is the one constantly calling for violence against Dear Leader's enemies. Part of me fears that if Trump wins again, it'll lead to gas chambers. But I don't think that's really his style. He prefers what is known as "stochastic terrorism": riling up an endless stream of "lone wolves" to commit individual acts of violence, rather than the systematic extermination of undesirables.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 pm And yet BJ is the one constantly calling for violence against Dear Leader's enemies.
What enemies? The ones who torch and loot businesses and have caused harm (to say the least) on the citizenry? BJMDD is probably referring to those enemies. BJ, feel free to chime in here and correct me as necessary.
Part of me fears that if Trump wins again, it'll lead to gas chambers. But I don't think that's really his style.
Dude, somebody has got to take the pot away from you. Gas chambers? You're talking about mass extermination, genocide? Yeah, that's a credible idea: just think, the guy who's pro-Israel and endorsed by Black Voices for Trump and all the police unions--all these people have sensed this dark passion in him and are just happily supporting him so he can get those gas chambers going. But wait, you're saying that's not Trump's style--so why even bother bringing it up?
He prefers what is known as "stochastic terrorism": riling up an endless stream of "lone wolves" to commit individual acts of violence, rather than the systematic extermination of undesirables.
Where is this “endless stream of 'lone wolves'”? I haven't seen them jumping out of bushes and attacking people. But an endless stream suggests that there are legions of people out there acting as lone wolves ready to commit “systematic extermination of undesirables.” This is a bizarre comment. If anything, Trump has been calling out for law and order and has shown restraint by adhering to this thing called Federalism. He's also opposed to defunding the police, which reinforces his call for law and order, and has since been fully endorsed by police unions. If these organizations have detected from him any hint of advocacy for lone wolves “to commit individual acts of violence,” they wouldn't endorse him. At the very least, they would denounce him. It's the other side that has consistently riled up the anarchists. And there's probably lone wolves mixed in there, who just want to create chaos. They're the ones attacking innocent citizens. And these attackers are Biden supporters. Then there's the magnificent Kamala Harris and her radical ideology: she's in favor of the riots and said “They’re not going to let up, and they should not, and we should not.” This means she and her side essentially support what BLM and antifa are doing.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Atticus wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:55 pm What enemies? The ones who torch and loot businesses and have caused harm (to say the least) on the citizenry? BJMDD is probably referring to those enemies.
He was talking about the extermination of "liberals", a few posts back, and has been doing so for years, long before the BLM protests.
Atticus wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:55 pm But wait, you're saying that's not Trump's style--so why even bother bringing it up?
Well, because the parallels between the rise of Trump and that of other fascist dictators is hard to ignore for anyone who has ever read a history book. But the Holocaust was kind of a one off. Mussolini didn't have death camps. Franco didn't have death camps. Pinochet didn't have death camps. There's no reason to think that death camps are inevitable once a country turns to fascism.
Atticus wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:55 pmWhere is this “endless stream of 'lone wolves'”? I haven't seen them jumping out of bushes and attacking people. But an endless stream suggests that there are legions of people out there acting as lone wolves ready to commit “systematic extermination of undesirables.” This is a bizarre comment. If anything, Trump has been calling out for law and order and has shown restraint by adhering to this thing called Federalism. He's also opposed to defunding the police, which reinforces his call for law and order, and has since been fully endorsed by police unions. If these organizations have detected from him any hint of advocacy for lone wolves “to commit individual acts of violence,” they wouldn't endorse him. At the very least, they would denounce him. It's the other side that has consistently riled up the anarchists. And there's probably lone wolves mixed in there, who just want to create chaos. They're the ones attacking innocent citizens. And these attackers are Biden supporters. Then there's the magnificent Kamala Harris and her radical ideology: she's in favor of the riots and said “They’re not going to let up, and they should not, and we should not.” This means she and her side essentially support what BLM and antifa are doing.
I'm talking about people like Kyle Rittenhouse, lionised as a hero by white supremacists, and that's not even mentioning the police lynchings that led to the BLM protests. Trump's own DHS says that "white supremacist extremists (WSEs) will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland through 2021." Or as Trump calls them, "very fine people".
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Or as Trump calls them, "very fine people".
Actually he didn’t call them very fine people, in the complete quote he condemned neo-nazi and white supremacists. He was trying to praise the nonviolent protesters on both sides of whatever was happening back then before the nazi and antifa started fighting.

Trump says enough without having to cherry pick certain lines to feed false narratives.

I get where fascism comparisons come in, but so far, we’ve never had any American president in the last 70 years go farther than FDRs internment camps. When totalitarian power they round up any opposition and ship them off to prisons, The Chinese, the Russians, the Cubans, South American countries, Saudi Arabia, Iran. The asshats screaming fascist at trump have no idea what it looks like when people are truly afraid of their government. They don’t get five years of negative reporting and establishment leaking false information to help creat new cycles. What would happen is how the press treats Iran, China, and former Iraq government, where they openly report false information to keep on the good side of the people holding reporters families hostage.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Countries don't go straight from liberal democracies to fascist dictatorships overnight, though. I think the movie Cabaret conveyed this very well. When we first see the Nazis in the film, they are just a handful of thugs involved in a street brawl. As the film progresses, they start to get more and more prevalent, until they are everywhere. And we all know what happens next.

There are already worrying signs, such as secret police being sent into American cities without the consent of local government, critical reporters being barred from WH press briefings, and a pro-Trump loyalist being appointed postmaster general, seeking to interfere with mail-in ballots (which are likely to increase this election, due to Covid). The nightmare scenario is that Trump wins narrowly in highly contentious circumstances, declares victory, and refuses to leave office. If that happens, I think it's game over for American democracy.

Just to be clear, I am NOT NOT NOT saying that any Trump victory will be illegitimate. If he wins fair and square, that's a different matter. And I am still no fan of Joe Biden, or of the Democratic Party establishment, in case anyone thinks I've gone all Blue Wave emoji on you. My comments apply only to an inconclusive result being treated as a mandate for Trump to do whatever the hell he wants.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Countries don't go straight from liberal democracies to fascist dictatorships overnight, though. I think the movie Cabaret conveyed this very well. When we first see the Nazis in the film, they are just a handful of thugs involved in a street brawl. As the film progresses, they start to get more and more prevalent, until they are everywhere. And we all know what happens next.

There are already worrying signs, such as secret police being sent into American cities without the consent of local government, critical reporters being barred from WH press briefings, and a pro-Trump loyalist being appointed postmaster general, seeking to interfere with mail-in ballots (which are likely to increase this election, due to Covid). The nightmare scenario is that Trump wins narrowly in highly contentious circumstances, declares victory, and refuses to leave office. If that happens, I think it's game over for American democracy.

Just to be clear, I am NOT NOT NOT saying that any Trump victory will be illegitimate. If he wins fair and square, that's a different matter. And I am still no fan of Joe Biden, or of the Democratic Party establishment, in case anyone thinks I've gone all Blue Wave emoji on you. My comments apply only to an inconclusive result being treated as a mandate for Trump to do whatever the hell he wants.

Hell the nazi party lost most of the elections they were in, only because of the weird system Germany had did they gain any power after being a minority party. Hitler was about to commit suicide because he thought they were always going to be on the outs, some scandals or so thing weird cause the party that did win to resign and he picked up power because of that, after the knight of long knives it’s all over for Germany until after wwii.
If Trump does what Lincoln did then yes we’ll have a problem, Lincoln jailed the press that were against his re-election, and used the us army to ensure mostly Lincoln voters made it to the polls.

So far trump has not violated any liberties, far as banning reporters that’s fine too. Freedom of the press does not mean anybody and everybody can be WH press core.

If were honest reporters do not have a shining history they wish to claim. They hide facts and go along with narratives the people in power want, FDR in a wheel chair, remember the Maine (used to start a war with Spain and Pulitzer went along with it to sell papers) , most of the wars we were in from Indian wars to Iraq the press plays the role of cheerleaders.

even the founding fathers had essentially tabloids they used to smear the British then after the war smeared each other, president John Adams was smeared as warmonger those publishing it already knew there was peace accord, then Jefferson held a grudge against Adams cause he thought Adams spread the rumor about Jefferson and his slaves which was published during the election.
only a very few real examples of “speaking truth to power” and that recent history probably starting 60-70s where that ideal got traction.
I like the ideas of a fair and honest press, but trump hasn’t gotten that. It’s got party advisories on one side then suckup tag along press on the other.

To be fair if we assume the press wanted to be fair when trump came into power then we lay the blame with the outgoing establishment and crooks in the fbi who leaked BS to make it news. The press did little checking to verify because they either trusted their source or wanted to go sling with the story.

Problem we have with the system we have for voting is the parties found ways to stuff ballot boxes, literally a car trunk full of uncounted ballots discovered the next morning after it was discovered it’d be a close election. People paid to register any name they can think of to vote, parties fighting taking the dead off the voting books. Military members told their votes don’t count because of some local party honcho deciding they wouldn’t accept the over sea post marks.
It’s corrupt and that’s why most distrust it.

I think mail in ballots work and are less susceptible to fraud because it’s easy to check if it’s fraudulent, signatures, names, addresses, etc. That said we can’t have a indefinite window for submitting ballots, most places have before the day of election time limit so they can be counted Election Day, I’d say day of election postmark so they can be counted the day after. Not the week and weeks of waiting being talked about now.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kris, you are a piece of work for sure :!: I have said that LIBERAL-ISM is headed for destruction, not an individual person, because the majority of people wlll NOT tolerate any longer being pushed to the edge by these rioting bas***ds and Hollywood elitists who constantly tell them what the morally correct thing is in life-------according to THEM :!: This harassing and even shooting of Trump supporters by the left at restaurants and on the streets WILL be retaliated against by those who are attacked and that will not end well for the agitators I can assure you. If anyone tries to pull this on me or my friends in a public domain we will respond in kind and defend ourselves, as we should :!: Atticus is correct in his assumption that you must be on something in your remarks about gas chambers :!: What the hell goes on in that grey matter between your eustachian tubes to think such thoughts? Liberal-ISM must and will be destroyed. If it takes people defending themselves to do it, it shall be done. Trump only goes on the attack if he is provoked and he responds in kind. Maxine Watters egged on her crew to 'get in the face of Congressmen',or did you forget that? Oh-bama said he wanted to beat up Sean Hannity or maybe you did not know that either. Biden said he wanted to fight Trump in a high school locker room and beat him up, or did you forget that too? Liberals like you cannot handle it when you are shown the truth. Trump deserves 2 Nobel prizes----correct? Trump has been great with foreign policies in the Middle East and North Korea------correct? His domestic policy is that America does not dole out our tax dollars to Europe and everywhere else without something in return------you must hate that. The economy under Trump is superb and the Wuhan virus forced it to be shut down, but still, it is reopening ahead of schedule and Biden has NO clue how to run an economy. If any Democrat had the record Trump has the media would be having Mardi Gras every day of the year and you know it :!: I know liberals like you. You refuse the facts, and recreate them to fit your narratives so you feel better about your beliefs. Hollywood, and sports, and the media are done here now. We the people have had enough of their daily hatred of anything that goes against them. Gas chambers? That has to be the most ridiculous comment you have ever made and you always misrepresent what I say and I believe in. I hate the old-style Republicans with a passion. I despise the current left-wing Democrats for their sick and demented ideology. Trump is quite imperfect in his 'pomp' but in his results he has plenty of 'circumstance'. I rest my case. I hope some day you can rethink your outlook on life here in the USA. England still celebrates Kings and Queens and morons like Harry get away with doing nothing in their wretched lives and live off the taxpayers to keep funding such stupidity :!: I would never bow to ANY other human being. Worry more about the mess London is in with your Mayor who will ruin it forever.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:29 pm Countries don't go straight from liberal democracies to fascist dictatorships overnight, though. I think the movie Cabaret conveyed this very well. When we first see the Nazis in the film, they are just a handful of thugs involved in a street brawl. As the film progresses, they start to get more and more prevalent, until they are everywhere. And we all know what happens next.

Oh-bama corrupted the entire justice department to screw Trump :!: Eric Holder was his right hand man and was the AG :!: Oh-bama was the most treasonous President in the history of this country or do you not accept that? What the hell are you all about these days? Reporters? They are ALL Democrat operatives Kris and hate Trump, report only what they want to smear Trump so why should he tolerate them? If I was in charge I would disband the entire press core here because it is no longer doing the work of news organizations.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

(deleted post)
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm Well, because the parallels between the rise of Trump and that of other fascist dictators is hard to ignore for anyone who has ever read a history book.
Then you could say the same for Obama, who rode in town, so to speak, stirring up a frenzy especially after the market crashed in Oct 2007. Then his administration, obviously sanctioned by the Democratic/progressive establishment, started to express one of their mantras, “never let a good crisis go to waste.” In other words, manipulate the masses into fear, which is straight out of the fascist's playbook. History has always shown that when people feel economic devastation, they'll cling to the outspoken politician who can offer a sense of hope. It's not a unique thing from Trump. If anything, Trump has shown that he adheres to the Constitution, which limits the powers of government. It's the other side that consistently strives to bypass the Constitution to increase government control. Which is why they're progressives. It's the very nature of progressives.
Kristatos wrote: But the Holocaust was kind of a one off. Mussolini didn't have death camps. Franco didn't have death camps. Pinochet didn't have death camps. There's no reason to think that death camps are inevitable once a country turns to fascism.
And Trump doesn't have death camps either. You're making a big leap that the US is poised for fascism but the foundation of this country, the Constitution, limits the powers of government. But if you're really concerned about fascism, you ought to look at what the radical left is doing, how they have a totalitarian tendency. Till this day, they still can't accept the 2016 election result, which led to their the Russian collusion hoax/spygate scandal. Those are all dictatorial maneuvers manipulating government into a centralized autocratic government.
Kristatos wrote: I'm talking about people like Kyle Rittenhouse, lionised as a hero by white supremacists
Yeah, but you'll always have the fringed kooks in any society such as white supremacists. But that doesn't mean a large portion of those on the right of the political spectrum are like that. In case you haven't noticed, people on the right (for the most part) have been attacked in these riots by radical leftists. As for Kyle Rittenhouse, evidence is showing more and more that he acted in self-defense. It's also come to light that one of his attackers is a convicted pedophile and on the Wisconsin sex offenders registry. We'll see how it all pans out in court.
Kristatos wrote: and that's not even mentioning the police lynchings that led to the BLM protests.
Again, you're making such broad generalizations without putting things into perspective. I don't like what these cops did either, but wait until these cops are in trial and we see all the evidence as to why they acted like the way they did. And just a friendly suggestion, you ought to be careful throwing around phrases like “police lynchings.” It's the kind of phrase that incites riots, or at least provokes hatred for cops. It's dangerous language and helps fuel the lie that cops deliberately hunt down and murder innocent African-Americans. Having researched the BLM movement, I see that lie at the core of their beliefs, and of course the Democrat Party supports BLM, which suggests they're ok with that lie.
Kristatos wrote: Trump's own DHS says that "white supremacist extremists (WSEs) will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland through 2021."
That's good, and it's reassuring that the DHS is aware of it. It's another form of domestic terrorism. That DHS document, by the way, also identifies “Lone offenders and small cells of individuals motivated by a diverse array of social, ideological and personal factors” who will “pose the primary terrorist threat to the United States.” In other words, your garden-variety wack jobs in society who are easily stirred into violence, especially when you've got the far-left intensifying the racial divide by supporting BLM and Antifa.
Kristatos wrote: Or as Trump calls them, "very fine people"
Dude, if you've been vacuuming up Kilimanjaro-sized drifts of the finest Columbian snow, it wouldn't surprise me. That phrase “very fine people” has been debunked repeatedly. Omega also points this out nicely in his post above. You're just babbling the far-left talking points. In that statement, Trump condemns neo-Nazis and White nationalists.

Look, I'm not here to make war with you. But the problem I'm seeing over and over is that you fall into generalizations without putting things into perspective and without specifics. Thoughts are complex (and heaven knows my thoughts are jumble of confusion), but you need to expand your ideas with specifics and get away from generalizations because that leads to all sorts of communication problems. For example, you accused BJMDD of wanting to commit acts of violence on liberals when, obviously, he wasn't even advocating that at all. That's a hell of an accusation to throw at a forum member. You need to put things into perspective and flesh out your ideas with rational specifics if we're going to have a rational discussion of current events.
Kristatos wrote: There are already worrying signs, such as secret police being sent into American cities without the consent of local governmen
Fortunately, Trump has shown restraint by adhering to Federalism. What's more worrying is that the leaders at the state and local levels, at least those in certain Democrat-run cities, don't seem to have any intention to support law and order. What's more worrying is that you got a Biden-Harris ticket, along with the entire Democratic establishment, seeking to limit the second amendment and, in some cases, even declare that they want to ban semi-automatic AR-15 and AR-10 rifles. Biden has even gone on to assert that if “he becomes our nation’s 46th president, he’ll do all he can to ban and confiscate these commonly owned firearms.” So once you open the door to these types of “regulations,” it increases the power of the government to creep in again and again through that doorway. Progressives love to do that. They progress slowly towards total government. And that's one of the characteristics of dictatorships: once in power, you disarm the public so they can't oppose or uprise against you.
Kristatos wrote: critical reporters being barred from WH press briefings
If you're referring to the Jim Acosta fiasco, that's been resolved. But at that time, the guy was out of control and went beyond his usual prick behavior and basically demeaned the office of the presidency in the way he was enticing Trump into an argument. But since then, the daily WH press briefings have been full of the usual anti-Trump reporters. Kayleigh McEnany continues to do a superb job spanking these reporters into reality. But what's more worrying is that you got a media that's so anti-Trump and essentially functioning as the propaganda arm of the Democratic establishment. That's another characteristic of totalitarian systems like fascism and communism. They control the information they feed to the masses.
Kristatos wrote: and a pro-Trump loyalist being appointed postmaster general, seeking to interfere with mail-in ballots (which are likely to increase this election, due to Covid
How do you know this postmaster general is “seeking to interfere with mail-in ballots”? Has he been caught in the act? Again, that's a hell of a generalization. And so what if he's pro-Trump? It's actually good because it puts a sense of checks and balances to the whole thing. At the other side, you've got an entire Democratic establishment pushing for, let's face it, voter fraud. As Greg Hunter points out, “The 80 million mail-in ballots and attempted voter fraud that is planned by Democrats is just too much to pull off on this short of notice. We all know the voter fraud is coming, and it is simply not going to work. Much of it is going be detected and thwarted.” For the sake of free elections, I hope he's right.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

OK, you're right, it's easy to get a little overheated (though I am not so vain as to think that anything I write on here will provoke riots, or quell them for that matter). Much has been written about the way democracies die over the last four years, and most conclude that America's system of checks and balances, what Trump refers to as "the Deep State", will stop it from going the way of Erdogan's Turkey or Orban's Hungary or Putin's Russia. I don't believe that this is due to any particular devotion to the Constitution on Trump's part, however (I doubt he even knows what's in it), but because your Founding Fathers had the foresight to ensure that it couldn't.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Does Oh-bama know what's in the Constitution? Oh wait, he might have taught it once. Did he abuse it by his treasonous actions against Trump with the corrupt CIA and the FBI?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Does Oh-bama know what's in the Constitution? Oh wait, he might have taught it once. Did he abuse it by his treasonous actions against Trump with the corrupt CIA and the FBI?
He was editor of the Harvard Law Review, so I would imagine so. Do Trump supporters have any other argument except "But Obama"?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Oh-bama committed treason in abusing his Presidency against Trump, correct?