President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: President Trump?

Post by bjmdds »

In fast affiliate results last night’s nearly three-hour show delivered a 2.5/8 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.69 million viewers. An Emmy low, that’s a fall of 22% among the key demo from what the 2015 Emmys drew on Fox on September 20 last year in fast affiliates. That number was adjusted up to a 3.6 rating among the 18-49 and total viewership of 11.9 million in the final numbers – also an Emmys low.

In fast affiliate viewership, last year’s Emmys, hosted by Andy Samberg, had 10.37 million viewers or 7% better than this year’s numbers. We’ll bring you the final numbers for last night’s Emmys later on today.

Like last year, there was Sunday Night Football (7.4/23) beating the Emmys last night but the wild card was Part 1 of CBS’ special The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey (2.1/7). Pushed to an 8:30 PM start by NFL overruns earlier on the House of Moonves, not only did the now two-night crime investigation series hold over its two hours, but with 10.29 million viewers it topped the Emmy audience to be the second- most-watched show of the night after SNF.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He has a point: Image
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump?

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:He has a point: Image
he does, and trump isn't all that serious about it anyhow. He's down to promising to round up the criminal illegal aliens police catch and not so much for his house to house search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Trump is headed for a win, says professor who has predicted 30 years of presidential outcomes correctly. Nobody knows for certain who will win on Nov. 8 — but one man is pretty sure: Professor Allan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted the winner of the popular vote in every presidential election since 1984. And this year, he says, Donald Trump is the favorite to win. :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He could win the popular vote and still lose the electoral college vote, however.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Trump is headed for a win, says professor who has predicted 30 years of presidential outcomes correctly. Nobody knows for certain who will win on Nov. 8 — but one man is pretty sure: Professor Allan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted the winner of the popular vote in every presidential election since 1984. And this year, he says, Donald Trump is the favorite to win. :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Did you read the story? The good professor bashes trump as much as any hater, but he believes in his 13 rules system.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:He could win the popular vote and still lose the electoral college vote, however.
I'm surprised by all the states he is putting in play. Colorado ? I didn't think it would go back to a purple state ever again.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Did you read the story? The good professor bashes trump as much as any hater, but he believes in his 13 rules system.
He does add a disclaimer that there has never been an election quite like this one before. I'm surprised he doesn't include the rule about sustained social unrest. Don't the Occupy and BLM protests, and the rise of Sanders and Trump as candidates, count as that?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Did you read the story? The good professor bashes trump as much as any hater, but he believes in his 13 rules system.
He does add a disclaimer that there has never been an election quite like this one before. I'm surprised he doesn't include the rule about sustained social unrest. Don't the Occupy and BLM protests, and the rise of Sanders and Trump as candidates, count as that?
how does his sustained social unrest rule work?

BLM, occupy, tea Party, manifesting in Sander & Trump success. It not just a right or left displeasure with government, I would add there is a lot of people in the center, I don't believe it's only confined to extreme right or left.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think the rule is that a period of social unrest hurts whatever party is in power at the time.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Is the debate going to be as big a deal as people think?

The drama leading up to it is interesting, personally I'd invite all of the women bill Clinton abused to attend. I have a problem with Hillary because she'd empower bill again to pray on a new generation of women. That and what this "feminist" did to destroy women who should be believed and protected from this man.

Right now trump calls it a win if he doesn't resort to name calling. Hillary wins if she doesn't have a seizure on live tv. Dunno if anyone cares about policy. It's the circus. I fell sorry for the moderator. Best thing for him is to keep his head down, don't try to correct either disreputable candidate.

Not sure if I'll watch or not .

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I hope it descends into full-on Jerry Springer chair-throwing. :twisted:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I hope it descends into full-on Jerry Springer chair-throwing. :twisted:
oh! Why isn't he and Geraldo moderators!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It appears that there is another member of the Bush clan supporting Hillary Clinton for president after reports surfaced that George W’s daughter, Barbara, attended a Saturday night fundraiser for Hillary. The $5,000 per ticket event allowed partygoers the opportunity to hobnob with Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin..........NO surprises here! Screw the ENTIRE LIBERAL Bush family! Trump has exposed the insider elitists on BOTH sides!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Bushes and Clintons are as thick as thieves. I call them the Royal House of Bush-Clinton-Saud.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The Bushes and Clintons are as thick as thieves. I call them the Royal House of Bush-Clinton-Saud.
biggest mistake this country made was electing presidents with legacy dreams.
Obama seems ready to retire, and hopefully stay out of the way, he does not seem to be preparing his wife and daughters to run for office.

Oh there is a interesting interview with Gary hart talking about the political shifts, he seems to get it. He was not Someone I was Familiar with

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:It appears that there is another member of the Bush clan supporting Hillary Clinton for president after reports surfaced that George W’s daughter, Barbara, attended a Saturday night fundraiser for Hillary. The $5,000 per ticket event allowed partygoers the opportunity to hobnob with Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin..........NO surprises here! Screw the ENTIRE LIBERAL Bush family! Trump has exposed the insider elitists on BOTH sides!
Barbara was always the screw up anyway.
Thing is trump for all his failings he revealed the underbelly of Republican Party and why the base didn't jump at the chance for more of the same with jeb!
and I get why some can't support trump, but the Christian Right looks past his heathen nature to find the better of two evils and the republican hierarchy can't get over he is not one of them.

To me the choice is someone who might listen to the American people, and will upset the establishment, and Hillary Clinton who personifies corruption and business as usual.

When I was in school they always said female politicians where inherently more honest than their male counterparts, the lesson being women where more honest and civic minded. Not even 17 years later and I can point to dozens of female leaders who were just as corrupt some times more corrupt than men.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: ‘Strong’ Mike Pence Won the Debate Over ‘Desperate’ Tim Kaine
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Didn't watch, apparently another "moderator" was voting early :roll:

Howard stern went off on CNN headline saying he confirmed trump was for the war, he never told them that , IMO much like trump was never for the war. Hillary is the one with blood on her hands voting for that war, but they want to pretend " I guess so " on a radio sock jock is the same as a senate vote.

I don't think the media or whoever they are realize they are driving people to trump doing this, most people who are not in hilldogs camp see how unfair they are treating trump, they only remedy to it is to vote for the guy they are ganging up on.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

The two major presidential candidates remain in a dead heat, but Donald Trump has regained the edge.

The latest Rasmussen Reports White House Watch survey shows Trump with 42% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Hillary Clinton’s 41%. Yesterday, it was the other way around, Clinton 42%, Trump 41%, and the day before Clinton had a 43% to 40% advantage. This is the first time Trump has been ahead since before the first presidential debate last week.

Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson earns eight percent (8%) support in the latest survey, and Green Party nominee Jill Stein remains at two percent (2%). Another two percent (2%) like some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided. Among those who say they still could change their minds, it’s Trump 32%, Clinton 30%, Johnson 27% and Stein 11%.

This survey was largely completed prior to last night’s debate between Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine and Trump’s running mate Mike Pence.

Rasmussen Reports updates its White House Watch survey daily Monday through Friday at 8:30 am based on a three-day rolling average of 1,500 Likely U.S. Voters.