President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: President Trump?

Post by Omega »

Well they say they are trying to correctly reflect turn out and registration. Only problem is this presidential election year republicans are ahead in registration.

I don't trust any of the polls. It's too many too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump?

Post by Omega »

My bet is trump makes a public statements on immigration policy that sounds fair to most people. Some sort of turnstile return for people who settled here and otherwise are citizens in good standing.
And I think he'll try for making legal immigration easier, for people already in they system and the people we want to naturalize.

What I would offer the Mexican president as a deal is, they cover the cost of the wall not already approved by congress (the boarder wall is already law and has funds allocated), we close illegal traffic, set up easy to apply for work visas so only documented Mexican citizens come in (Mexico right now allows other nationalities to pass through as long as they don't try to stay in Mexico), then because we know who they are we protect them with our workplace laws and collect taxes on their income to be turned over directly to the us & Mexican government. The way it is now the Mexican economy is hosted by the us $ sent home. But does not directly help support the government. Only taxes the us government get is from stolen ss numbers.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Donald Trump has jumped ahead of Hillary Clinton nationally in the race for the White House, according to a new poll.

Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, has 40 percent support to Clinton's 39 percent, according to a poll by the Rasmussen Reports released Thursday.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ads for Trump on this website now. :up: Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has pulled into an effective tie with Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, erasing a substantial deficit as he consolidated support among his party's likely voters in recent weeks, according to the latest Reuters/Ipsos national tracking poll released Friday.

The poll showed 40 percent of likely voters supporting Trump and 39 percent backing Clinton for the week of Aug. 26 to Sept. 1. Clinton's support has dropped steadily in the weekly tracking poll since Aug. 25, eliminating what had been a eight-point lead for her.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Trump is promising everything politicians of both parties have done for decades. He's has more fiery rhetoric but the most outrageous claim he's made is Mexico will pay for it. He actually can do it be either using seized funds, charging a fees/tax on Mexican people/ products, taking it out of their foreign aid. Not as crazy as they like to pretend.

Btw he did back off deporting everyone who crossed the boarder offering instead criminal illegal aliens (is that a double negative) who are already being caught all will be aggressively deported, then we'll see about the rest after the boarder fence is up. By that time the attitude of most Americans (if the fence is built) will be more towards a kind of legalization. But they have to fix the regular immigration system too,.

Imo the press and party elites ganging up on trump helps him, if they treated him fair or were fawning I think he'd have lost the primary.

Btw why do these elite think the American people have a expectation the president is personally a expert on every situation and subject?
I don't know anybody who believes the president has been somebody special better than anybody else in my lifetime. Kennedy maybe the only person besides Lincoln who qualifies and he's from a long time ago

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump?

Post by Omega »

IMHO
Examples of how we think of presidents

G. Ford, A clumsy idiot

J. Carter, idiot disaster chased by a rabbit

R. Reagan, doddering confused stupid old man

G. Bush, out of touch old man who didn't know how to buy groceries.

B. Clinton, good ol boy sex addict.

W. Bush, idiot who couldn't speak English properly and got us in to wars because Saddam tried to kill his daddy.

B. Obama, nice guy but an elite erudite who doesn't know much about the real world.

Trump fits right in. Especially when considering Obama won promising hope & change. With basically his celebrity to recommend him.

I know each party thinks their guy is the best and Brightest, they get whittled down until they are a stereotype.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton by 5 percentage points in a Bloomberg Politics poll of Ohio, a gap that underscores the Democrat’s challenges in critical Rust Belt states after one of the roughest stretches of her campaign. The Republican nominee leads Clinton 48 percent to 43 percent among likely voters in a two-way contest and 44 percent to 39 percent when third-party candidates are included.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Donald Trump's lead over Hillary Clinton in the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times national tracking poll grew to nearly six percentage points on Thursday, his largest advantage since his post-convention bounce in July.

The biggest reason appears to be an increase in the likelihood of Trump supporters who say they plan to vote, combined with a drop among Clinton supporters on that question. The nominees are now roughly equal in the voting commitment of their supporters, erasing an advantage previously held by Clinton.

The poll shows Trump leading Clinton, 47%-41% :!: :!: :!: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump?

Post by Omega »

Trump shouldn't have any poll numbers worth talking about since the convention he had nonstop negative attacks on him from all sides.

If trump keep showing to be competitive I predict a lot of news media (and others) are suddenly going to play nice, nobody wants the next president cutting them completely out of the loop.

What they should notice is trump is competitive despite their attacks because they are out of touch with the population not that trump is a wizard of populism.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It also helps that his main opponent is almost as unpopular as he is.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:It also helps that his main opponent is almost as unpopular as he is.
true. if he were running against sanders it would be a real wild fight. I was kind of hoping trump would have made him VP just to stir things up. IMO trump stirred things up child care proposal. On top of news he might actually win Colorado. :shock:

BTW Cruz (who some die hards lament not stealing the nomination) would be dead in the water long before now.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ANY other Republican would have been long gone in the polls by now big O, but our boy Trump has shoved it to the media and the Washington insiders and might win it all November 8 :!: Colorado now being in play is a HUGE sign too :!: Big O, will you vote Trump?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Yep. My vote might actually count for something for a change .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: -----------James Asher ✔@jimasher
@HillaryClinton So why did your man #sidblumenthal spread the#obama birther rumor to me in 2008, asking us to investigate? Remember?
12:06 AM - 16 Sep 2016 · Maryland, USA, United States
7,2877,287 Retweets 7,3917,391 likes
Blumenthal is a former aide to Clinton’s husband Bill Clinton and their long-time friend.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump?

Post by Omega »

Blumenthal is a real piece of work, the fact Hillary depends on his advice is scary.

Of course he is denying he ever tried to discredit Obama. Trump spent to much time playing the fool about the certificate. But Hillary sure as hell was the first to bring it up. Maybe not directly, but she wanted that secret Muslim out of her way .

Any what does the truth about obama birth place matter now, he should have had citizenship because of his mother anyway, by tradition at least. Maybe that year because of the Cold War it wasn't.
Most suspicious thing about obama is his social security number.
I think obama tried to play himself off as a cultured foreigner to get ahead in the right circles, he lived abroad enough to pull it off. Maybe he thought as himself that way, but he's real good at saying nothing real about himself, writes a book about a fake composite gf. Every speech he'll talk about himself ,I, me, myself, but he'll never admit to things that don't fit his narrative.

But when it comes to the power of government they will never admit to something damaging to those in power. Hillary will never be indicted. Obamas birth certificate will of course be on file and legal even if they had to freshly print it.

It's not a fight anybody is going to when even if they happen to be right.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he feels it's his "responsibility and duty as a leader" -- no matter the political cost -- to help President Barack Obama shepherd the Trans-Pacific Partnership through Congress.

"I have never been an ideological supporter of free trade. The ideologues use to come to me and be frustrated with me," he told the media during the White House press briefing.
"But when you look at these agreements in a real sense - and this one is much different than even NAFTA," Kasich added. "This is China. This is Russia. These are fledgling countries in Asia and we want to pivot to Asia? We have to do this."
The two-term Republican governor met with Obama in the Oval Office on Friday. In an exclusive interview Thursday night, he told CNN's Dana Bash he doesn't mind the political backlash he could face.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That guy thought he was the next president 4 months ago, I think he's probably done in politics . Nobody else will support it , not if they want to win elections.
Two problems with tpp, 1st nobody really knows the details of it all lot of it is shrouded in secrecy, 2nd problem is these trad pact are backdoors money laundering for the elite. See the panama papers.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hillary supports it, though she will pretend otherwise when it is politically expedient to do so.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Did not watch the Emmys, never do. Apparently it was a "I'm with the establishment" rally and the trump was the target.
Going to go out on a limb and say it's probably helped him.

And Jeb finished committing career suicide last night. He not only showed why he lost early on he took the time to piss on his voters.
I wish admit the skit sounded funny but it's the sore loser thing to do and childish. Another reason to hope trump wins is to put another nail in the coffin of the bush family political business.