President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: President Trump?

Post by bjmdds »

How Kris? Explain that scenario.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:How Kris? Explain that scenario.
I don't really know the details. It could be just an unsubstantiated rumour. You don't normally hear that sort of talk from supporters of a candidate who's ahead in the polls, though. It reminds me of the Ron Paul crowd trying to get their heads around the fact that their candidate didn't get 110% of the primary vote (I actually agreed with some of what Paul had to say, but his personality cult started to piss me off in the end).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Rumor from where? Details? I want to know where to find this information.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Rumor from where? Details? I want to know where to find this information.
I've been trying to find a link for you, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. A news headline here, a Facebook comment there...we live in an age of information overload, I'm afraid.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Trump is a lunatic. I always thought it would be amusing to see Santorum lead the party, but Trump is truly turning this whole election into a farce.

That said, feel the Bern.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Rumor from where? Details? I want to know where to find this information.
I've been trying to find a link for you, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. A news headline here, a Facebook comment there...we live in an age of information overload, I'm afraid.
Best I can do is a story from Salon, I'm afraid. Sorry about that, but it does at least contain lots of links to other stories.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A strong performance in last week’s Republican presidential debate has raised former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina’s public profile, but not nearly enough to cut into real estate mogul Donald Trump’s lead over the rest of the GOP field.

Trump takes 32 percent of the vote among self-identified Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, according to a new Morning Consult tracking poll — far ahead of retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson’s 12 percent and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush’s 11 percent.

Fiorina finishes in fourth position, at 6 percent, just ahead of Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Ted Cruz (Texas), who clock in with 5 percent each.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

stockslivevan wrote:Trump is a lunatic. I always thought it would be amusing to see Santorum lead the party, but Trump is truly turning this whole election into a farce.

that was how I felt at first but the chosen candidates are bush and Clinton.
I'd rather elect an amusing baboon.

Bj Kris if the republican want to get rid of trump they should have embraced him like a long lost son. Trying to drive him out will help him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correct O :!: He is doing battle with the crummy Republican establishment do nothings, the right wing Kristol-Will faction elitists who think they know it all and lose every election, and the liberally biased lying media that pollutes the airwaves daily and nightly with incorrect assumptions and misleading representations.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Grover Norquist analyzes Donald Trump’s newly unveiled tax plan. Trump gives Americans a deal they can’t refuse, almost. With what Grover calls “Ronald Reagan” style growth, the Donald’s plan should give the United States 4 percent a year in economic growth. Trump’s plan is consistent with the Taxpayer Protection Pledge. The plan details four different tax brackets for individuals, lowering capital gains, lowering business taxes, and repealing taxes that were meant to be repealed several generations ago. Grover says that the plan would make us more competitive for business amidst the global market. Norquist even goes as far to say, “Trump’s plan is dead center of Reagan Republican thinking, when it comes to what would create growth in the United States.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The answer to the question in the thread title appears to be: depends what continent.

http://on.cc.com/1VsmBnY
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Daily Show? :down:..............WASHINGTON, Oct. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- One America News Network, "OAN", a credible source for 24/7 national and international news, released its most recent 2016 National Presidential Poll conducted on September 30th through October 1st. Donald Trump is continuing to be triumphant as the GOP front-runner with a dominating 34.7 percent. Dr. Ben Carson comes in second at 17.2 percent, trailing behind the New York real-estate mogul with just under half of Trump's success. Senator Marco Rubio has a boost in the polling with 10.8 percent, making it into the top three. Trump, Carson and Rubio account for 62.7 percent of the tabulated votes. Businesswoman, Carly Fiorina is closely behind the Florida Senator with 8.8 percent. Rounding out the top five, just behind the former HP CEO, is Senator Ted Cruz at 7.3 percent.

On the Democratic side, Former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has a commanding lead with 44.4 percent of the vote. Clinton is followed by Senator Bernie Sanders at 25.4 percent. Running neck to neck with Sanders is Vice President Joe Biden, who still has yet to throw his hat into the presidential ring, at 23.1 percent. No other candidate scored above five percent, making the Democratic Primary a three person race, at least at this point in time.

Fifty-two percent of the respondents disapprove of President Obama's job performance, while only 9 percent were unsure. If the voters surveyed had to pick between the two parties frontrunners, 52 percent would vote for Trump, while 48 percent would vote for Clinton. Dr. Ben Carson had the most favorable performance against Hillary Clinton, coming in at 53 percent to Clinton's 47 percent.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Public Policy Polling:

1. Donald Trump: 27% (down two points from late August)
2. Ben Carson: 17% (up two points)
3. Marco Rubio: 13% (up six points)
4. Jeb Bush: 10% (up one point)
5. Ted Cruz: 7% (up one point)
6. Carly Fiorina: 6% (down two points)
7. Mike Huckabee: 4% (down one point)
7. John Kasich: 4% (down two points)

Chris Christie, Rand Paul, and Rick Santorum are tied for ninth place with 2% each in the poll, while Lindsey Graham, Bobby Jindal, and George Pataki are each at 1%.

The PPP analysis added, “Trump continues to lead with every subgroup of the GOP electorate.”

A new Quinnipiac poll, meanwhile, shows Trump leading in Florida with 28% of the Republican vote, up seven percentage points from late August. The New York developer also leads in Ohio with 23%, up two points from five weeks ago, and Trump leads in Pennsylvania with 23%, down a point from late August.

In each of three battleground states, Ben Carson is in second place. In Florida, Jeb Bush is running fourth in the state he led for eight years.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Brand new NH poll: Image
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Omega wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:Trump is a lunatic. I always thought it would be amusing to see Santorum lead the party, but Trump is truly turning this whole election into a farce.

that was how I felt at first but the chosen candidates are bush and Clinton.
I'd rather elect an amusing baboon.
You're kidding. I don't trust Clinton and have no intention of giving her my vote, but if someone put a gun to my head and told me to vote either the two of them, I would check the box with her name as the lesser of two evils.

EDIT: Oh wait, you wrote Bush, not Trump. Well, this country doesn't need another Bush either. I don't want an "amusing baboon" doing worse damage than whatever Clinton has up her sleeve.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Class acts, the parents of these losers. This ad helps Trump prove his point.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] Class acts, the parents of these losers. This ad helps Trump prove his point.
um bad ad. Those kids check every negative stereotype I think they could in that ad. They did trump a favor .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The guy behind this, Luke Montgomery, seems to have a history of this sort of thing. He did a previous video called Potty-Mouthed Princesses (it's a feminist statement, don't you know?) Children swearing seems to be his thing. What a strange man.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In the Reuters/Ipsos 5-day tracking poll that samples 534 Republicans, over the last week, Donald Trump has surged to a massive national lead in the GOP presidential primary. Currently, the billionaire businessman sits at 42% with likely Republican primary voters. His closest competitor is Ben Carson, who sits at just below 25%.

Last week both men were pretty much tied up at around 25%. That is a 17 point surge for Trump.

Among all Republicans, Trumps enjoys a 34% to 20% lead over Carson.

Reuters adds that this “is also bad news for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) who is widely considered to be emerging as the establishment-backed alternative to Trump.”

Rubio remains stuck at 10%.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Donald Trump has gained political strength since the Paris terrorist attacks last Friday, according to most of the polls released in the aftermath............DONE DEAL NOW :!: Screw the right wing loons who bad mouth Trump and cannot accept their fate.