US Presidential Election 2016

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Your Choice For President of the United States

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Donald J Trump
67%
Hillary R Clinton (Democrat)
No votes
Jill Stein (Green)
No votes
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
17%
Write in candidate: Jeb Bush, Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Joe Biden, Marco Rubio, Elizabeth Warren
No votes
None of the above
17%

Total votes: 6

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Post by Omega »

Boo yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

US Presidential Election 2016

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Image
There is a headline in NYC with a close up of trump with loser written over his face. They went to press too early. What a historic week the cubs and trump.
Anyway I'm fin with my live blog .. good night!

Last edited by Omega on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: The IBD poll and the 2 Professors nailed it again! Forget about ANY other future Presidential polls except these 3 sources! I LOVED the media on tv eating and choking on crow! Hillary was classless not conceding before her volunteers too!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

What a night! For the second time in my life I went to bed with no new president announced.
Strangely it was like Brexit, start of my shift the out come is pretty much known, by then end of shift the world has been turned on its head. How tight some of the races still being counted are surprises me.

Will this new shift in the world's status quo necessitate a new Bond? Nah, I expect the establishment Bond to show up with a very haggard Craig playing a rookie double oh agent driving around his Aston Martin DB5 with a faded "I'm with Her" bumper sicker. :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I went to sleep 4:30am last night. It was well worth it and watching that b---h Hillary concede today was priceless and then watching Oh-bama eat crow at the White House statement was also beautiful! Say good-bye to Obamacare in 2017 :!: :happy spin: :cheers:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

As I said on Facebook and Twitter: Not mad. not sad.. clear minded :idea:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:As I said on Facebook and Twitter: Not mad. not sad.. clear minded :idea:
it was a brutal campaign. Everyone in the world is shocked by the win, we can blame that on biased reporting and polling that missed the movement same as they missed Brexit.

to me the thing is the election was between two democrats, trump is a FDR JFK style democrat.
He's been demonized to a point people are over reacting to his election. I guarantee he will be inclined to make a bunch of deals with democrats that will piss off republicans, on the other hand he made a deal with the voters and he will try to keep it. The press and establishment were too blinded by party loyalty to see the reason the Republican Party establishment hated trump was he was not a republican, if they had treated him even half way fair I think they would be in a good position to make some deals.

Trump being repugnant to me on many levels I still think can be a good leader because he's not trapped by the party system, he doesn't owe the favors most politicians do by the time they become president.
Basically what I'm saying is I think there will be plenty of thing he will do to please the traditional democrats and my guess is he will change the Republican Party to be more like himself, and in his NYC centered life he was never considered to be a bigot, willing to work with everyone and supported many democrats. Hell he brought openly gay people to the stage at the Republican Party convention and the people in the crowd cheered, never thought I'd see that day.

We will have to see how he will lead once he gets there. My honest guess is he will be more accommodating than people want to believe right now.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Oh absolutely people are overreacting. I wouldn't say my mom overreacted, but his winning really upset her. She was very hopeful and.. it didn't happen.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Oh absolutely people are overreacting. I wouldn't say my mom overreacted, but his winning really upset her. She was very hopeful and.. it didn't happen.
Yep, my family is on the opposite end of the spectrum. Obama reelection upset my mother, this year we kept her away from the news (by watching a deadliest catch marathon) until we knew which way it was going to go.

Hillary was a bad choice, but the democrats couldn't free themselves of the Clinton's, I'm surprised Obama didn't end their influence in the party. I suppose he was too weak to throw them to the side.

Truly this defeat is on the Clinton's, in their lust for power they thought they could rig the system and still lost.

I think Joe Biden might have been a better choice, like obama he is just a likable guy. Then again the election was about change and maybe a sanders v trump fight might of been better .

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think Obama had to give Hillary the SoS job as the price for her concession in the 2008 primary. I'd like to think that Trump's defeat of both Jeb! and Hillary spells the end of dynastic politics in America, but I am probably crediting Democrats with too much capacity for self-reflection. As I predicted, they are currently lashing out at the electorate for failing to deliver the Anointed One the votes to which she was entitled. Hell, they are probably gearing up to run Princess Chelsea in 2020.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Epic,very NSFW rant from Jonathan Pie:

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Epic,very NSFW rant from Jonathan Pie:

[video][/video]
what the hell was that? He's right, don't think I know who he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

These fake protests now are all Soros funded losers :!: Liberals cannot be reasoned with whatsoever. This guy is correct.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:

[video][/video]

He's a political vlogger. Pretty sure Jonathan Pie isn't his real name. Can't really tell you any more than that. I'd heard of him before, but this was the first one of his videos I'd actually seen.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:

[video][/video]

He's a political vlogger. Pretty sure Jonathan Pie isn't his real name. Can't really tell you any more than that. I'd heard of him before, but this was the first one of his videos I'd actually seen.
googled him, he's a comedian called tom walker -Texas ranger?

It's funny because it is true. Not sure how people take it there but the democrats could do good starting with pretty much everything he said.

The true problem aside from allowing people to disagree I think is corruption., the people in charge of the party are cronies for either Clinton or obama , and the lost touch with the base a long time ago. Sanders supporters came out for trump according to the exit polls, the leaked emails as much as their dislike of Hillary drove it, trump actually has a few shared points with sanders on stuff like taxes and trade. Hillary was the bankers paid for choice.
I wonder if her and bill will be on the run now? They made a lot of promises they can't keep to their donors, also the only thing keeping them safe legally was the threat of them coming back to power.

Oh one of the few pollsters to locate the hidden trump support said the question he found to reveal the support was who do you think your neighbor is voting for? Which goes right to the point that people felt they were not allowed to disagree so lied in the polls.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:These fake protests now are all Soros funded losers :!: Liberals cannot be reasoned with whatsoever. This guy is correct.
could be, Wikileaks showed it happened that way before, but the people I see on tv were fed a lot of BS about who trump is for a year, the reporters melting down regurgitated completely wrong talking points from the Clinton machine.

(Trump is not going house to house to locate illegals, in fact he left open amnesty after the boarder was secured but promised criminals caught would be deported.

Trump is not making Islam illegal.

They ought to be happy about his position on the trade deals, the paid for republicans in congress are trying ignore he's not for their trade deals or entitlement reforms.)

These same reporters chided trump as whipping his supporters in to a dangerous frenzy, when the reality was Hillary and her press machine were feeding dangerous rhetoric to already unstable people. Beside a lot of those jokers think rioting is fun, just look at them.
Left or right people don't do that s**t for fun, but there has always been a anarchist strain on college campuses, IMO that's what this is, it's just more acceptable if wrapped in the trappings of politics.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Jonathan Pie pops up on Russia Today.

The result shows how much some people hate Hillary!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

How weird is it Michael Moore is THE democrat making the most sense right now.
Maybe roger Moore will finally acknowledge Michael as his son ;)