Hillary

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Hillary

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The liberal wing will not tolerate these claims against her. Mayor Deblasio of NYC is considering a run as well. He has NO chance, but the fact he did not endorse her speaks volumes. Warren is gearing up, so is O'Malley, and Sanders. She looks putrid too and has poorly aged.
The liberal/progressive wing are the ones supporting Sanders and Warren. It's the right wing of the Dems that supports Clinton, on the grounds that "triangulation" worked for them in the '90s, and (according to them) absolutely nothing has changed in the last 20 years.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Bill and Hillary Clinton have long supported an estate tax to prevent the U.S. from being dominated by inherited wealth. That doesn’t mean they want to pay it.
To reduce the tax pinch, the Clintons are using financial planning strategies befitting the top 1 percent of U.S. households in wealth. These moves, common among multimillionaires, will help shield some of their estate from the tax that now tops out at 40 percent of assets upon death.
The Clintons created residence trusts in 2010 and shifted ownership of their New York house into them in 2011, according to federal financial disclosures and local property records.
Among the tax advantages of such trusts is that any appreciation in the house’s value can happen outside their taxable estate. The move could save the Clintons hundreds of thousands of dollars in estate taxes, said David Scott Sloan, a partner at Holland & Knight LLP in Boston.
“The goal is really be thoughtful and try to build up the nontaxable estate, and that’s really what this is,” Sloan said. “You’re creating things that are going to be on the nontaxable side of the balance sheet when they die.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Even the left leftist gossip site Gawker can’t provide cover on this subject: America has treated the Clinton family pretty well. They’ve become millionaires many times over. But a new report says that even as they support policies to tax the estates of the extreme wealthy, they try to avoid those taxes on their own wealth. Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:She is DONE :!:
She was supposed to have been "done" because of BENGHAZI!!11 or Emailgate, not to mention Whitewater, the Vince Foster "murder" and all the other scandals, real or imaginary, that have been flung at her and her husband. Yet she seems to share Bill's Teflon coating, so I dunno.
I'm not sure she answered fully the recent stuff she appears to think as long as she ignores it nothing bad will happen.

Biggest thing that bothers me is she acts exactly like she did 20 years ago. Sure the Clintons had a lot of nuts try to bring them down on the other hand I don't believe there is a honest bone in their bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hillary Clinton admitted today that she was “surprised” to learn that the people who told her small businesses have struggled in recent years were actually correct.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... oel-gehrke
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Hillary Clinton admitted today that she was “surprised” to learn that the people who told her small businesses have struggled in recent years were actually correct.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... oel-gehrke
For once, I suspect she was telling the truth (about being surprised, that is).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Satire (but only just): http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz ... OTYyMTI4S0
well she does know the transformative power of foreign money. Good satire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

If Hilary wins and serves two terms her and Bill will be about 80 at the end of the Presidency.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She will NOT win in 2016 hopefully..........Tuesday at Georgetown University, former President Bill Clinton said ISIS was “arguably the most interesting” non-governmental organization today.

Clinton said, “Arguably the most interesting non-governmental organization today, which proves the importance of inclusion by its short-comings, but is formidable, is ISIS.”

He continued, “ISIS is a terrorist organization, an NGO, trying to become a state. That is, they don’t recognize any of the boundaries of the Middle Eastern countries as legitimate. They were all established, drawn largely by Westerners after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I. And so when they go capture a place, they set up their own judicial system, they set up their own rule making, they set up whatever their social services are going to be. And the only thing is, you can’t disagree with them, or they’ll kill you, as we have seen.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A major Clinton Foundation donor sold pipelines to Iran during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State, Newsweek reported last week.

Victor Pinchuk, a Ukrainian businessman, reportedly shipped the pipelines to Iran through his company Interpipe between 2011 and 2012.

Newsweek has seen declarations and documents from Ukraine that show a series of shipments from Interpipe to Iran in 2011 and 2012, including railway parts and products commonly used in the oil and gas sectors.

Among a number of high-value invoices for products related to rail or oil and gas, one shipment for $1.8m (1.7m) in May 2012 was for “seamless hot-worked steel pipes for pipelines” and destined for a city near the Caspian Sea.

Both the rail and oil and gas sectors are sanctioned by the US, which specifically prohibits any single invoice to the Iranian petrochemical industry worth more than $1m.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/josh ... ?cid=bitly Reuters reported that Clinton charities are set to refile at least five annual tax returns after a review by the news organizations found errors in how they reported donations.

Those errors, Reuters said, “generally take the form of under-reporting or over-reporting, by millions of dollars, donations from foreign governments, or in other instances omitting to break out government donations entirely when reporting revenue.”

It gets worse: “For three years in a row beginning in 2010, the Clinton Foundation reported to the IRS that it received zero in funds from foreign and U.S. governments, a dramatic fall-off from the tens of millions of dollars in foreign government contributions reported in preceding years. “Those entries were errors, according to the foundation: several foreign governments continued to give tens of millions of dollars toward the foundation’s work on climate change and economic development through this three-year period.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock. At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show. The New York Times’s examination of the Uranium One deal is based on dozens of interviews, as well as a review of public records and securities filings in Canada, Russia and the United States. Some of the connections between Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation were unearthed by Peter Schweizer, a former fellow at the right-leaning Hoover Institution and author of the forthcoming book “Clinton Cash.” Mr. Schweizer provided a preview of material in the book to The Times, which scrutinized his information and built upon it with its own reporting. Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:If Hilary wins and serves two terms her and Bill will be about 80 at the end of the Presidency.
We would be treated to a Ronny Reagan style memory peoples. When I was a kid those jokes were popular as was the idea he was a nice old man who probably didn't remember what the press was so mad about. I could see Bill and Hill trying it.

Hillary's tour bus the Scooby van maybe somebody should tell her it was called the "Mystery Machine" which is appropriate given her foundation and email sever history.

Putting the partisan actuations about the book aside problem for me is the Clinton's were always skirting the law with fund-raising (Buddhist monks) and other deals, it doesn't seem like they could stop themselves even for a few years to achieve their goals. The only person I feel sorry for is Chelsea she has got to be the only one who believe any of the BS her family is slinging. She is sent out to defend the foundation which is really rotten to everyone at this moment. Very poor return on the actual help going to the needy and while I don't begrudge Chelsea a salary I'm sure a open audit would be eye opening
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Chelsea is a product of her upbringing and apples don't fall far from the trees. Leave her out of the contest for 2016 UNLESS she opens her mouth and attacks any candidates. Once she does that, it's open season on her and her parents past disgraces.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Bernie Sanders is announcing a run for the nomination tomorrow, according to the news media. I doubt he'll pose much of a threat to the Hillary juggernaut, but hopefully the presence of a challenger in the primaries will at least ensure that she doesn't get a totally free ride. It bugs me when people make announcements about announcements, though. As far as I'm concerned, if you stand up in public and say you're running for president, you're not "going to announce", you have announced! Sure, you can say that further details will be fleshed out at the press conference, but you have announced nonetheless.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kristatos wrote:Bernie Sanders is announcing a run for the nomination tomorrow, according to the news media. I doubt he'll pose much of a threat to the Hillary juggernaut, but hopefully the presence of a challenger in the primaries will at least ensure that she doesn't get a totally free ride. It bugs me when people make announcements about announcements, though. As far as I'm concerned, if you stand up in public and say you're running for president, you're not "going to announce", you have announced! Sure, you can say that further details will be fleshed out at the press conference, but you have announced nonetheless.
My guess is it is a legal funding issue. Once announced servant laws have to be observed.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

On Tuesday, Hillary Clinton said that she’d “go even further” than President Obama when it comes to executive amnesty.

Oddly enough, she announced that on Cinco de Mayo. It’s almost like she’s pandering or something.

At a roundtable in Rancho High School in Las Vegas, Nevada where we’re certain there were hardly any Hispanics present, Hillary said that “we can’t wait any longer for a path to full and equal citizenship.”
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Hillary is obviously pandering to the far left. How can anybody believe her? She has a very long history of saying anything to be elected then once in power doing whatever.

Bill has lost the touch on his own years ago he could put this scandal to rest and the pres eating out of his hand. He made things worse and most of what Hilary's team has done is not much better.

I truly think Bill abusive past is just waiting to come to the front. He ruined so many women's lives and he never paid for it.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Two new polls show presidential candidate Hillary Clinton might not have the cakewalk to the Democratic nomination that political observers almost universally expect.

A Suffolk University poll of likely Democratic primary voters in New Hampshire finds the former secretary of state Clinton garnering 41% of the vote. Fellow Democratic presidential candidate and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) is surprisingly close in second place, grabbing 31%.

"Don't underestimate the power of the progressive nerve network," David Paleologos, the director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center, said in a statement. "It is alive, far reaching, and it is translating into political muscle in the New Hampshire Democratic primary."

The Suffolk poll is the second of the Granite State in a matter of days that displays Clinton in vulnerable position as a front-runner. In a Morning Consult poll released last weekend, Clinton led Sanders by just 12 points.